5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby leftrightout » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:30 am

Orts wrote:
Burras wrote:
Orts wrote:Does anyone give Igs a chance against PHOS this weekend? They should be full of confidence after running over the top of Athelstone in the last quarter and a half on the weekend.

Both games this season have been close with PHOS having the edge on both occasions.

Should be a great contest in any event.

I'd say PHOS because they have been awesome all year... wouldn't be surprised if Iggies pipped them on the day though

PHOS have definitely been the best team all year and will go in strong favourites. I just hope that we can be within a couple of goals at 3/4 time. With such a young side on a big deck at Thebby, we might just be able to run over the top of them late...

Would be interesting to see which is team is younger
leftrightout
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Orts » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:57 pm

leftrightout wrote:
Orts wrote:
Burras wrote:
Orts wrote:Does anyone give Igs a chance against PHOS this weekend? They should be full of confidence after running over the top of Athelstone in the last quarter and a half on the weekend.

Both games this season have been close with PHOS having the edge on both occasions.

Should be a great contest in any event.

I'd say PHOS because they have been awesome all year... wouldn't be surprised if Iggies pipped them on the day though

PHOS have definitely been the best team all year and will go in strong favourites. I just hope that we can be within a couple of goals at 3/4 time. With such a young side on a big deck at Thebby, we might just be able to run over the top of them late...

Would be interesting to see which is team is younger

Not sure what the average age of the PHOS side is but my rough calculation, the average age at Igs is just over 23 and that includes Joe Pedler who is well into his mid 30s.

I thought PHOS had the most physically developed team this season of any club in Div 3 and I took from this that they have an older squad. I might be wrong though...
Orts

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Old Ignatians

Postby absolutebath » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:09 am

mighty hounds wrote:
jo172 wrote:Seriously, when's the last time Athelstone won a final?

Two weeks ago

Really thought the Raggies would be getting promoted this year with new coach and a few new players. Big credit to Old Iggies and Phos Camden though! Athelstone just can't get it done, again. Anyone with a game review?! Oh and for what it's worth I'm thinking Phos by 5 goals on the big day!
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bandar » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:19 am

Well to say we had a pretty good day on Saturday may be somewhat of an understatement but to end up with 3 flags on the day certainly contained some elements of luck. I think the B's and C's used a bit up on Saturday.

For the A's it went as I had hoped which included what I expected being a bit of a slow start before finding some form in the second half of the second quarter we wouldn't have wanted to wait any longer though as Iggies played well all day and never went away.

Kudos to Jeremy Cini for his words after the game also to Joe Pedlar for his advice to the lads not certain they took it on board but are probably thinking this morning that they should have :D .
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:55 pm

bandar wrote:Well to say we had a pretty good day on Saturday may be somewhat of an understatement but to end up with 3 flags on the day certainly contained some elements of luck. I think the B's and C's used a bit up on Saturday.

For the A's it went as I had hoped which included what I expected being a bit of a slow start before finding some form in the second half of the second quarter we wouldn't have wanted to wait any longer though as Iggies played well all day and never went away.

Kudos to Jeremy Cini for his words after the game also to Joe Pedlar for his advice to the lads not certain they took it on board but are probably thinking this morning that they should have :D .

Was the advice don't get that drunk that you don't remember what happened during the game? :lol:

I was surprised that only 7 goals were kicked in the B grade, was happened there bandar?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bandar » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:05 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
bandar wrote:Well to say we had a pretty good day on Saturday may be somewhat of an understatement but to end up with 3 flags on the day certainly contained some elements of luck. I think the B's and C's used a bit up on Saturday.

Was the advice don't get that drunk that you don't remember what happened during the game? :lol:

I was surprised that only 7 goals were kicked in the B grade, was happened there bandar?

An experienced premiership winner with sound advice along the lines of don't think just the Monday off is going to do it take the week off! :D

The 2's was a really tight game and I think they struggled to hit good targets with the cross breeze. That and the most likely goalkickers for both sides were well held.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby beef » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Hear Golden Grove's presentation night at the TTG golf club was an eventful evening. Few items stolen from a sponsor not the best idea from some players & partners. Email sent to the club asking for all items to be returned by end of the week no questions asked or CCTV footage will be passed on. Probably want to look after your sponsors better than that.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:37 pm

beef wrote:Hear Golden Grove's presentation night at the TTG golf club was an eventful evening. Few items stolen from a sponsor not the best idea from some players & partners. Email sent to the club asking for all items to be returned by end of the week no questions asked or CCTV footage will be passed on. Probably want to look after your sponsors better than that.

Too soon for Trent Dumont jokes?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 pm

jo172 wrote:
beef wrote:Hear Golden Grove's presentation night at the TTG golf club was an eventful evening. Few items stolen from a sponsor not the best idea from some players & partners. Email sent to the club asking for all items to be returned by end of the week no questions asked or CCTV footage will be passed on. Probably want to look after your sponsors better than that.

Too soon for Trent Dumont jokes?

Ha ha! Never too early, that is gold.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Q. » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Lol, we had our presentation night at TTG golf club many years ago and someone somehow broke a toilet in half. We weren't allowed back.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:13 am

Q. wrote:Lol, we had our presentation night at TTG golf club many years ago and someone somehow broke a toilet in half. We weren't allowed back.

You should've used the piss trough Q.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League