14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby dee man » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:58 pm

it was with great joy that that my old club the mitchell park lions won the grand final
over years of hardships and struggles it was great to see them just survive
but to win yesterday even though it was great was not the greatest achievement but just the icing on the cake
to survive and strive is an achievement
to keep a loyal group of people involved at the club is an achievement
to attract the right people with the right character is a achievement
to watch the young men in the club improve as people,as adults,as fathers and young men is a achievement
to get a community to back you in and get around you when there are so many other clubs just around the corner is a achievement
yesterdays win is justification and the tireless work of so many but again its the icing on the cake
but this again is just another chapter in life at the den and now it all starts again

to Q
my heart goes out to you who i have found is one of the most loyal,trust worthy and passionate people i have found at a club
you will get your day in the sun my friend and i hope its not to far away

so proud of the club i love and the way that they have conducted themselves

and remember lions,to win is great,but to win with humility and respect is the real winner and this will enable the club many more people to the pride and gain even more respect from grass roots footy community
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Harry49 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Harry49 wrote:Thanks for the kind words Morell. Congratulations to MP. Had a very clear game plan and executed it perfectly. Im gutted to say the least but this was my 1st year of footy ever and to play in an A grade GF i exceeded all the expectations i had personally. Feel gutted for some of the lads who have been striving for this flag for years and came so close. Hopefully we can go one better next year.

I was a bit disappointed after the game some fans were kicking us while we were down and abusing us. But when i walked into the massive huddle and starting shaking some of the lads hands they quickly turned sympathetic and congratulated us on our year. The atmosphere from both crowds was great.
i have a lot of respect for the lions, play hard and fair football and have a lot of similarities to the Raiders. Hopefully we will meet again in Div 6.

Very unlike our supporters Harry49, we are normally very obliging to opposition supporters and players.

I must say this though and please everyone take it as an observation and certainly not a go at Houghton whom I have the utmost respect for, but the group of lads who sat just behind the fence and in between the two dugouts did your club absolutely no favours whatsoever. I know they were told to quieten down on more than one occasion but their continual abuse to our bench and players coming on and off was more than a bit over the top.
I worked constantly with the players and bench to make sure they don't get in to verbal with them which was hard to do but credit to us for doing so. My only words were that the only way to shut them up was to win the game. That No 3 'who runs like a girl' kicked 2 goals to get us back in the game in the 3rd quarter, that No 8 'who wouldn't know how to get a kick' went on to Kuhar in the 2nd half and shut him down after he had kicked 3 and that No 12 who 'can't find the footy if it fell in his lap' has a best on ground medal around his neck. In the end when the final siren went their silence was golden. Premiership celebrations start at 5 pm lads, not 2 pm.
Apologies if this offends anyone.

i could tell that your fans were just excited and so they should be. I had a young mitchell park lad come over to me and pat me on the back while i was down. You have a good family over there.

i think it was just the heat of the battle bringing it out and possibly trying to put them off their game. I was unaware of what was happening, was too focused on the game.
i can assure you that as players we didnt underestimate any of your players. I was in awe of #12 in the Adel Uni game, the bloke just runs all day. We tried tagging him but nobody had the engine or the leg speed to keep up. In regards to Leck, not sure how long you will keep that kid. Bigger and better things heading his way i reckon. Very good young footballer.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby hulkamania » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:51 pm

morell wrote:Out of all of that, the indelible image that keeps popping up is one of the Houghton players in the middle of our celebratory huddle. He caught my eye and our players reaction to him was strange and then he turned towards me to shake another players hand and I saw his face...

He was an emotional wreck and was unashamedly crying his eyes out. Seeing him like that snapped me out of the hysteria and whilst a dose of empathy swept over me the overriding emotion I had was one of admiration and respect. Here is a bloke who wanted something so much that when it didn't happen he was overcome - yet he had the strength of character to face it, make his way over and shake the hand of the very people that denied him. People talk about putting your head over the ball and going back with the flight but what that Raider did was raw courage in my opinion. Much respect to you, whoever you were.

that may of been myself, although there were a few of us letting the tears flow.

Win lose or draw, respect and sportsmanship are two qualities everyone should exhibit. Everyone that was associated with MP showed nothing but respect in return.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:05 am

According to Angle Vale FB page they had a vote on going to APFL. Any word on how that ended up?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:29 am

congratulations Mitchell Park. To come from nowhere and storm home with the premiership must have been a fantastic feeling. One i hope our B Grade boys feel this week.
Commiserations to Houghton, i feel for guys like Q who put their heart and soul into their footy clubs and to lose a GF must be heart wrenching. Chin up and drown it at Mad Monday.

With Mitchell Park now the Div 7 team to come up to Div 6, will Houghton apply to come up also and make a 10 team comp, or stay down still chasing that elusive flag..................
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:31 am

old farmer wrote:congratulations Mitchell Park. To come from nowhere and storm home with the premiership must have been a fantastic feeling. One i hope our B Grade boys feel this week.
Commiserations to Houghton, i feel for guys like Q who put their heart and soul into their footy clubs and to lose a GF must be heart wrenching. Chin up and drown it at Mad Monday.

With Mitchell Park now the Div 7 team to come up to Div 6, will Houghton apply to come up also and make a 10 team comp, or stay down still chasing that elusive flag..................

With no relegation this year I think MP will make it a 10 team comp?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

Q. wrote:According to Angle Vale FB page they had a vote on going to APFL. Any word on how that ended up?

Working on finding out ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:47 am

human_torpedo wrote:
old farmer wrote:congratulations Mitchell Park. To come from nowhere and storm home with the premiership must have been a fantastic feeling. One i hope our B Grade boys feel this week.

No, the plan was 2 teams go up from 6, 1 down from 5 and only 1 up from 7 to leave us with a 9 team div 6 (for what reason i have no idea). I think the brains trust jumped the gun a bit and had a Houghton/Adelaide Uni GF pencilled in, until MP had different ideas. Now as much as Morell will cry we don't want to play with big boys, much like Houghton the last few years, i know their coach is not there to coach a Div 7 team, he would definitely have higher ambitions. So hopefully Houghton want to make the step up and we can finally have 6 x 10 team A grade comps again and go back to 2 teams up, 2 teams down and no picking and choosing where you play. Ahhhh, the good old days. We even had the B grade play at the same ground as the A grade back then. ;)
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:03 pm

old farmer wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

No, the plan was 2 teams go up from 6, 1 down from 5 and only 1 up from 7 to leave us with a 9 team div 6 (for what reason i have no idea). I think the brains trust jumped the gun a bit and had a Houghton/Adelaide Uni GF pencilled in, until MP had different ideas. Now as much as Morell will cry we don't want to play with big boys, much like Houghton the last few years, i know their coach is not there to coach a Div 7 team, he would definitely have higher ambitions. So hopefully Houghton want to make the step up and we can finally have 6 x 10 team A grade comps again and go back to 2 teams up, 2 teams down and no picking and choosing where you play. Ahhhh, the good old days. We even had the B grade play at the same ground as the A grade back then. ;)

We've never gone against the set promotion/relegation.

I can't give you an answer, because according to the set promotion/relegation we're in D7 next year.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Well If Angle Vale dust off to the APFL it could be interesting what the SAAFL do.. I'd like to see a 10 team comp with Houghton up, even though I wasn't 100% against the BYE this year, everyone is different but having the extra couple of weekends off wasn't a hindrance, all pending when you have it though obviously..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Q. wrote:According to Angle Vale FB page they had a vote on going to APFL. Any word on how that ended up?

Voting to be publicized tomorrow to the members.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:39 pm

MP pay their players now dont they? they evolved to become an entity like the rest?

the whole year has been about expansion expansion, to not be the black weak sheep, continue the building towards the challenges of being a div 6 club and by april 2016 youll be fine
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:04 pm

also need to see what happens to salisbury west if they can field 2 sides and north pines how many will play on next year from the 34 listed as playing during this year
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Well I hope Houghton come up - my cousin is apparently heading out there with a mate next season and I would love the opportunity to rip his head off 8) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Zartan wrote:Well I hope Houghton come up - my cousin is apparently heading out there with a mate next season and I would love the opportunity to rip his head off 8) :lol:

you still play ?
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Zartan wrote:Well I hope Houghton come up - my cousin is apparently heading out there with a mate next season and I would love the opportunity to rip his head off 8) :lol:

you still play ?

Might come out of retirement for that fixture :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

you still play ?

Might come out of retirement for that fixture :lol:

he will be fine :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Yank Man » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:37 pm

marbles wrote:MP pay their players now dont they? they evolved to become an entity like the rest?

the whole year has been about expansion expansion, to not be the black weak sheep, continue the building towards the challenges of being a div 6 club and by april 2016 youll be fine

No we still don't pay players marbles. Another premiership for the love of the club. We did offer some minor incentives to the new players as in subs reductions, club attire and a few odds and ends, but our budget this year was smaller than last year. This group played because they have brought in to the club culture. Obviously we need to look at things a little differently going forward.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Yank Man wrote:No we still don't pay players marbles. Another premiership for the love of the club. We did offer some minor incentives to the new players as in subs reductions, club attire and a few odds and ends, but our budget this year was smaller than last year. This group played because they have brought in to the club culture. Obviously we need to look at things a little differently going forward.

Oh sorry we must've been confused by this comment:
morell wrote:We paid a couple this year...

Or do minor incentives only count as payments when they happen at clubs other than MP? ;) :lol:

morell wrote:Unbelievable that this discussion has even occurred to be honest.
"We don't pay players! It's an incentive scheme!"
Fair dinkum.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:57 pm

jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League