Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby BZB27 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Yank Man wrote:
morell wrote:Alright, it's been a long enough time for the Houghton guys to heal.

Here are my favourite photos from the day.

1. The (in)famous McDonnell twins before the game, Luke had surprised Nat by flying down from Darwin on the red eye. Had not seen eachother in months. Such a great moment when you understand all of the context - makes me tear up.

2. The WAGS. Wives of Messrs Weekley, McDonnell and Labbozzetta. This was early in the game when we were 5 goals to 1 down.

3. The Future. A few Mitchell park squirts. Some good bloodlines here. S.McDonnell already better than his Dad.

4. Son of a Gun. Nick Leck leaving his opponent for dead. 16 years old.

5. The Celebration. Nick Leck again starting to realise he could be pretty special.

6. From Son to Father. Sonny McDonnell giving his Dad his medal.

7. The Weekley Legacy. This family have given so much. Here is Bob, the patriarch, resting in hospital after surgery for cancer and Ben our captain, on the Sunday morning after the game. The GF was the first game Bob had missed of Ben's for 19 years.

If I could say nothing else, I would say this is the story of the Mitchell Park family. A family I am proud to be adopted in to. Sorry Raiders, you never had a chance with all this emotion going on. I respect you guys all the same. Come up to Div 6 and let's continue the friendship, even if it's at the bottom of the ladder. :D

Belive me we are nowhere near over it or healed yet. But at the same time they are some great stories. I knew Leck was gonna be a pain after seeing him in the prelim run amuck.

And the div 6 debate has raged in our group page all day.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Q. » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Yank Man wrote:If I could say nothing else, I would say this is the story of the Mitchell Park family. A family I am proud to be adopted in to. Sorry Raiders, you never had a chance with all this emotion going on. I respect you guys all the same. Come up to Div 6 and let's continue the friendship, even if it's at the bottom of the ladder. :D

It was an emotional fortnight for our football family as well, with it's own stories. Unfortunately, it seemed quite a few players never settled from the emotion of the lead-up during the game.

BZB27 wrote:And the div 6 debate has raged in our group page all day.

Not much of a debate in the end!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby BZB27 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Q. wrote:
BZB27 wrote:And the div 6 debate has raged in our group page all day.

Not much of a debate in the end!

Yeah thats true lol
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:31 pm

BZB27 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
morell wrote:Alright, it's been a long enough time for the Houghton guys to heal.

Here are my favourite photos from the day.

1. The (in)famous McDonnell twins before the game, Luke had surprised Nat by flying down from Darwin on the red eye. Had not seen eachother in months. Such a great moment when you understand all of the context - makes me tear up.

2. The WAGS. Wives of Messrs Weekley, McDonnell and Labbozzetta. This was early in the game when we were 5 goals to 1 down.

3. The Future. A few Mitchell park squirts. Some good bloodlines here. S.McDonnell already better than his Dad.

4. Son of a Gun. Nick Leck leaving his opponent for dead. 16 years old.

5. The Celebration. Nick Leck again starting to realise he could be pretty special.

6. From Son to Father. Sonny McDonnell giving his Dad his medal.

7. The Weekley Legacy. This family have given so much. Here is Bob, the patriarch, resting in hospital after surgery for cancer and Ben our captain, on the Sunday morning after the game. The GF was the first game Bob had missed of Ben's for 19 years.

If I could say nothing else, I would say this is the story of the Mitchell Park family. A family I am proud to be adopted in to. Sorry Raiders, you never had a chance with all this emotion going on. I respect you guys all the same. Come up to Div 6 and let's continue the friendship, even if it's at the bottom of the ladder. :D

Belive me we are nowhere near over it or healed yet. But at the same time they are some great stories. I knew Leck was gonna be a pain after seeing him in the prelim run amuck.

And the div 6 debate has raged in our group page all day.

Little Labozetta won my Auskicker of the week award last week. Has a real crack for a little fella. Had a quick chat with his old man and as soon as I started talking about the GF his face broke into the hugest smile. They are a nice family.

Those McDonell boys just to clarify are they brothers or are they married to each other ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby morell » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:50 pm

Q. wrote:
Yank Man wrote:If I could say nothing else, I would say this is the story of the Mitchell Park family. A family I am proud to be adopted in to. Sorry Raiders, you never had a chance with all this emotion going on. I respect you guys all the same. Come up to Div 6 and let's continue the friendship, even if it's at the bottom of the ladder. :D

It was an emotional fortnight for our football family as well, with it's own stories. Unfortunately, it seemed quite a few players never settled from the emotion of the lead-up during the game.
Would love to hear them if they're not too personal?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Those McDonell boys just to clarify are they brothers or are they married to each other ;)
Hahah, I actually asked Nat a little while ago if he missed Luke yet. He said nah - but I think that photo reveals the truth.

Nat would be hating all of this as well the big tough bastard. :D
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:40 pm

morell wrote:
Q. wrote:

Would love to hear them if they're not too personal?

Nah, that stuff can stay in-house
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby hulkamania » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:25 am

morell wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Those McDonell boys just to clarify are they brothers or are they married to each other ;)
Hahah, I actually asked Nat a little while ago if he missed Luke yet. He said nah - but I think that photo reveals the truth.

Nat and I hugged and cried after the game, although we were both crying for different reasons...
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 am

Great pics. Well done.
Those involved must have a lot respect for you, as well, to allow you, or not be self-conscious about you, taking them.
A great study in footy.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:07 am

hulkamania wrote:
morell wrote:

Nat and I hugged and cried after the game, although we were both crying for different reasons...
Yeah people that cry after grand finals. Pansies. Even worse are the ones that shed a tear and didn't even play. :oops:

Dogwatcher wrote:Great pics. Well done.
Those involved must have a lot respect for you, as well, to allow you, or not be self-conscious about you, taking them.
A great study in footy.
I wish I was as good a photographer, most of mine end up sideways or blurry! These were taken by the veritable Craig Rayson. But your point is apt. I am very conscious of airing things that are private and was 50/50 about some of the photos. You will notice I kept the name of the player who had a moment with his father after the game redacted in my "thoughts" post. I also totally understand Q.'s standpoint on wanting to keep some things private.

They're on Facebook and received a record amount of support and appreciation - including from the families involved. There are many other pics on the Picasa gallery but I'll only ever publish the ones of people that I know exceedingly well and/or I know wouldn't mind and/or I know would get over it. Nat in particular will probably hate all and any of this - but will also understand that it is important to tell some of these stories in a public place, to ensure the "real" Mitchell Park is portrayed, as in the past, our image and reputation was massively skewed.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:17 am

morell wrote:Yeah people that cry after grand finals. Pansies. Even worse are the ones that shed a tear and didn't even play. :oops:

One of the hardest things to deal with I think is seeing people you care about cry - regardless of the circumstances.. there were tears shed from the younger kids after we lost last week, and even more tears shed from those who were unable to play due to injury.. Extremely difficult to hold it together at those moments. :(

But at least it shows they care.. at least it shows it means something to them - whether good or bad.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby marbles » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:26 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Yeah people that cry after grand finals. Pansies. Even worse are the ones that shed a tear and didn't even play. :oops:

One of the hardest things to deal with I think is seeing people you care about cry - regardless of the circumstances.. there were tears shed from the younger kids after we lost last week, and even more tears shed from those who were unable to play due to injury.. Extremely difficult to hold it together at those moments. :(

But at least it shows they care.. at least it shows it means something to them - whether good or bad.

ur a nob morrell, high horse syndrome, got lucky and now your bloating, blow ur trumpet somewhere else

would love to have seen the dribble youd been posting if you had lost, especially when 9 out of 10 times you would have

what next, a march down king william st?

#nurseryDivPremiership
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 am

Wow that's a bit harsh :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 am

marbles wrote:
Zartan wrote:

ur a nob morrell, high horse syndrome, got lucky and now your bloating, blow ur trumpet somewhere else

would love to have seen the dribble youd been posting if you had lost, especially when 9 out of 10 times you would have

what next, a march down king william st?

#nurseryDivPremiership

Barely a week after finals and you're already being a pain in the arse

YOu can have a holiday for a few months.

See you in February.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby marbles » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 am

Zartan wrote:Wow that's a bit harsh :shock:

calling people that shed tears as pansies after theyve spent there livelihoods to get there, possibly never reached a grand final in their lifetime, the guys got issues
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:34 am

Marb Robinson.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 am

marbles wrote:

calling people that shed tears as pansies after theyve spent there livelihoods to get there, possibly never reached a grand final in their lifetime, the guys got issues

Think you'll find he was being facetious
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:38 am

Zartan wrote:
marbles wrote:

Think you'll find he was being facetious

You might want to dumb it down for Marbs. He won't know what that means.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:52 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Zartan wrote:Think you'll find he was being facetious

You might want to dumb it down for Marbs. He won't know what that means.

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:55 am

marbles wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was extracting the urine marby old mate as I was crying like a school boy who scraped his knee.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League