14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby bandar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:22 am

Spoke to Bob Weekley last Saturday he was at our GF's he wasn't happy he had missed the MP GF but really happy for Ben. 2nd game he had missed he said the other one was through a heart attack. Obviously takes a fair bit to keep a good man down.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:28 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Yeah people that cry after grand finals. Pansies. Even worse are the ones that shed a tear and didn't even play. :oops:

One of the hardest things to deal with I think is seeing people you care about cry - regardless of the circumstances.. there were tears shed from the younger kids after we lost last week, and even more tears shed from those who were unable to play due to injury.. Extremely difficult to hold it together at those moments. :(

But at least it shows they care.. at least it shows it means something to them - whether good or bad.
I went back and had a look at the last game from 2014 to see who had played and was once again shocked by how much trouble we were in. We're in the second lowest A Grade division in the SAAFL and getting beaten by 250 points. We were dead set **** ed.

The thing that got me sobbing was seeing the 2014 crew, who really did go through the equivalent of football hell last year, show such exhilaration and happiness.

A lot of the guys from 2014 are a bit cliquey and share a strange bond and through that bond have formed #thechapter. A now infamous eclectic group of all sorts who discuss all matter of things but throughout this time have become great mates. Without wanting to take too much credit, this group have played a huge part in the resurrection of Mitchell Park in 2015 - either through recruitment, motivation, support and on occasion a bit of criticism - our little group have been quietly significant.

As much as 2015 was about the 22 who played, the coaches and the volunteers on the day, in my opinion a dose of extra credit needs to go to the people that were also around in 2014.

I know they read this, so here's to us chappies! :D

Lachlan Pike, Matthew Davidson, Daniel Battersby, Brad Steele, morell, Mark Schuppan, Adam Morris.
Last edited by morell on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby adr107 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:29 am

Did someone say something earlier about seeing each other near the bottom of div 6 next year?

Trust me, if we end up in division 6 next year, I don't plan on seeing us anywhere near the bottom of it. In fact that goes for any div we are placed in. We have points to prove about the way this club operates right now.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 am

I think that was Yank Man adr107, it was more an attempt at self deprecation than anything. If Houghton go in with the same side as this year I could see you guys making finals. Add a few more A Grade quality players and that could turn into deep finals.

We're a bit further back than that and have another mountain of work to do to be competitive.
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 am

adr107 wrote:Did someone say something earlier about seeing each other near the bottom of div 6 next year?

Trust me, if we end up in division 6 next year, I don't plan on seeing us anywhere near the bottom of it. In fact that goes for any div we are placed in. We have points to prove about the way this club operates right now.

Yes I did adr107 but it was a slap at marbles who continually berates us 'bottom feeders' and hopefully FC sticks to her guns and let's us all get on with developing further without being ridiculed. :D

Speaking of tears, I had to hold mine back when I went to Q at games end, he was head down on the turf and inconsolable, really felt for him.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 am

Done - we'll have relative peace until 01/02/2016 ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:55 am

morell wrote:If Houghton go in with the same side as this year I could see you guys making finals. Add a few more A Grade quality players and that could turn into deep finals.

We're a bit further back than that and have another mountain of work to do to be competitive.

That's twice now I've seen you post putting MP well behind Houghton in the pecking order.. you beat them in the GF - surely that makes you realise that MP are capable of being not only competitive but potentially better than them?

I would actually be offended if I was beaten in a GF and then told after the fact I'm a 5 goal better side than the team I lost to.. from them.. it would be a bit of a kick in the guts - you may as well just tell me I'm shit and we choked lol.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:03 pm

You don't need any more than a spoon full of pragmatism to realise that Houghton should go better in D6 than us. Yeah, we pipped them on GF day, but we played out of our skin and Houghton didn't play to their full potential. It was also our very best side against their very best side. Keep in mind we finished the year 8-8. Houghton finished 15-1.

But the main reason (and as I posted earlier) why I think they'll go OK in D6 is because of their depth. Their B Grade is very solid. Having been around the place and up and down between D6 and D7 now I think four times, the thing that kills you when you go up is injuries. We all got three byes this year to rest up and with as much respect to our mates at the crabbies as possible, you could probably afford to rest some against them this year as well.

You don't get that in D6 so you have to have blokes that can come in and fill a role to a close as possible A grade standard - or you'll very quickly lose games that if you were at your best you'd back yourself in to win. I don't think we have anywhere near the same depth as Houghton - but we are working on it.
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:15 pm

morell wrote:You don't need any more than a spoon full of pragmatism to realise that Houghton should go better in D6 than us. Yeah, we pipped them on GF day, but we played out of our skin and Houghton didn't play to their full potential. It was also our very best side against their very best side.

But the main reason (and as I posted earlier) why I think they'll go OK in D6 is because of their depth. Their B Grade is very solid. Having been around the place and up and down between D6 and D7 now I think four times, the thing that kills you when you go up is injuries. We all got three byes this year to rest up and with as much respect to our mates at the crabbies as possible, you could probably afford to rest some against them this year as well.

You don't get that in D6 so you have to have blokes that can come in and fill a role to a close as possible A grade standard - or you'll very quickly lose games that if you were at your best you'd back yourself in to win. I don't think we have anywhere near the same depth as Houghton - but we are working on it.

Add to that the probable retirements of our ruckman, FB, CHB, CHF and FF.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby BZB27 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:18 pm

In the past Houghton have always struggled with depth and the b grade hasnt always been crash hot but the change has happened with great leadership from the committee to realise that we needed to get younger blokes to the club to take over from the older guys in the coming years. And at the moment we have a great mix of both which has really lifted the depth. Hopefully we dont have too many drop off and pick up a few more.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby BZB27 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:
morell wrote:You don't need any more than a spoon full of pragmatism to realise that Houghton should go better in D6 than us. Yeah, we pipped them on GF day, but we played out of our skin and Houghton didn't play to their full potential. It was also our very best side against their very best side.

And first choice ruckman?
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Add to that the probable retirements - to the B grade - of our ruckman, FB, CHB, CHF and FF.
FTFY :D 8) ;)
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:52 pm

BZB27 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Yes, and the one who can play CHB when a key forward is carving you a new one. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby BZB27 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Yank Man wrote:
BZB27 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Yes, and the one who can play CHB when a key forward is carving you a new one. :D

Had to make up for the time before when i had a stinker but wasnt good enough
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:04 am

Yank Man wrote:
Speaking of tears, I had to hold mine back when I went to Q at games end, he was head down on the turf and inconsolable, really felt for him.

Thanks for coming over, I didn't realise obviously.

I regret not finding you and morgs amongst the throng as we left the ground. Wanted to congratulate you in person.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:54 am

Not at all Q you have every right to be with your family, club and mates. I saw how distraught you were during the presentation and decided to give you some space. Pottered about outside your clubrooms hoping to catch you but got a couple of death stares so made tracks.

Anyway, in other news, my time on SA footy will be significantly wound down from now on, so it's up to you to maintain the lower divisional dominance of SA footy in 2016.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:56 am

What? Why?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:10 am

Morell to coach full time in 2016?!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:33 am

Correct Zarty, so my free time allocated to football stuff will be dedicated to that. Plus I'll be the treasurer for the sports club next year, which is a quarter of a million dollar business.

I'll be around but there won't be time for any mass debating. Hahaha.
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:46 am

Zartan wrote:Morell to coach full time in 2016?!

At our club presentations last Saturday Night we announced morell as our reserves coach for 2016. Great appointment and a person of high integrity, congrats mate. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League