9%
Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby laser » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:51 am

jo172 wrote:Shaping up to be a quality finals series in 8 and 8R. Rare for C/D grade comp to be so even between first and fifth and I dare say every finalist will consider themselves a chance.

In the C Grade I suspect Tea Tree Gully's more experienced players will prove the difference in finals. Having said that on a warm day on a big oval (Kilburm, St Mary's, Salisbury, Thebarton) on Grand Final day both PAOC and Unley will relish the conditions.

In the D's the comp is arguably even wider with the top 5 all having a very unbalanced record against one another. To take the weak bet it will depend who is able to get all their players on the park and firing at the right time. I suspect SMOSH has a slight edge in this area but that's a blind stab. Ditto my oval/Grand Final thoughts except I think in this grade it will suit Old Ignatians more than anything

Old Iggies 4ths would be as good as their 3rds on most days.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:14 pm

jo172 wrote:Shaping up to be a quality finals series in 8 and 8R. Rare for C/D grade comp to be so even between first and fifth and I dare say every finalist will consider themselves a chance.

In the C Grade I suspect Tea Tree Gully's more experienced players will prove the difference in finals. Having said that on a warm day on a big oval (Kilburm, St Mary's, Salisbury, Thebarton) on Grand Final day both PAOC and Unley will relish the conditions.

In the D's the comp is arguably even wider with the top 5 all having a very unbalanced record against one another. To take the weak bet it will depend who is able to get all their players on the park and firing at the right time. I suspect SMOSH has a slight edge in this area but that's a blind stab. Ditto my oval/Grand Final thoughts except I think in this grade it will suit Old Ignatians more than anything

TTG play on possibly the biggest oval and it hasn't bothered them
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby TEX07 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:59 pm

laser wrote:

Old Iggies 4ths would be as good as their 3rds on most days.

North Haven in the 8R are a very good side, IMO they could win it from 5th and needing to win the last game to get there. To be honest don't really rate old iggies, they beat us both times but we're not all that convincing IMO. PAOC always hard to beat in finals, I'm tipping PAOC v North Haven GF. TTG look a class above in 8.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:09 am

8A - TTG for mine
8R - Well obviously I hope and pray PNU but I am a huge loss :lol: :lol: :lol: If we can't get to the GF I would be tipping OIFC and not just because they gave me free beer on the weekend. They were the best team I saw this year.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby superboot7 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Just wanted to thank PNU in 8R yesterday. A good game! They're a good bunch of lads, shame we couldn't have converted in the first qtr! They were able to do what we couldn't!

Really proud of Haven boys.... To make finals as a D4 club and play off against a D1 club is a real credit!

Good luck PNU. Hoping a black and white side takes the chocolates
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:32 am

superboot7 wrote:Just wanted to thank PNU in 8R yesterday. A good game! They're a good bunch of lads, shame we couldn't have converted in the first qtr! They were able to do what we couldn't!

Really proud of Haven boys.... To make finals as a D4 club and play off against a D1 club is a real credit!

Thanks mate, it was a cracking contest. If you covert 2 of those first 4 very gettable ones and the scores would have been level. It's a fine line that's for sure in finals football. The game was up for grabs up until the very last minute and your boys should be proud of Their performance. Good luck to your A's, I'm extremely confident you will be in Div 3 next year.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:08 am

Pain in the arse for the SAAFL's fixturing department this week with TTG home in Div 1 and PAOC home in Div 2.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:10 am

wristwatcher wrote:
superboot7 wrote:Just wanted to thank PNU in 8R yesterday. A good game! They're a good bunch of lads, shame we couldn't have converted in the first qtr! They were able to do what we couldn't!

Thanks mate, it was a cracking contest. If you covert 2 of those first 4 very gettable ones and the scores would have been level. It's a fine line that's for sure in finals football. The game was up for grabs up until the very last minute and your boys should be proud of Their performance. Good luck to your A's, I'm extremely confident you will be in Div 3 next year.

I was wrong - I thought the NH would go all the way! Still don't think that it will be Iggies, just didn't really show anything better than others when we played them but I could be wrong - PNU is where I would like to see it go, good structure out there and apart from having issues with the ump early on good side to play against.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:25 am

jo172 wrote:Pain in the arse for the SAAFL's fixturing department this week with TTG home in Div 1 and PAOC home in Div 2.

Why's that? It's only round 18 in D1?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:27 am

jo172 wrote:Pain in the arse for the SAAFL's fixturing department this week with TTG home in Div 1 and PAOC home in Div 2.

Triple Header$
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:37 am

Ahh, sorry - yes, I didn't even realise which thread I was in :oops: 10.15am game.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 pm

TEX07 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

I was wrong - I thought the NH would go all the way! Still don't think that it will be Iggies, just didn't really show anything better than others when we played them but I could be wrong - PNU is where I would like to see it go, good structure out there and apart from having issues with the ump early on good side to play against.

There best player went up to Div 4r in the last 2 weeks.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

There best player went up to Div 4r in the last 2 weeks.

Who are you referring to?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Not HH3 :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

I played Cs not Ds bro ;)

I dont know who they're talking about though.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:52 pm

HH3 wrote:I played Cs not Ds bro ;)

Shaun Hinsley.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Demon Juke wrote:

Shaun Hinsley.

He hasn't played any D grade games this season, only C grade.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Shaun Hinsley.

Thought he had been playing 'D' grade, how come he has been playing "c" grade then and not "a" grade, he still in your best 22 at the club.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Shaun Hinsley.

Thought he had been playing 'D' grade, how come he has been playing "c" grade then and not "a" grade, he still in your best 22 at the club.

He wasn't all that interested in playing this season and hasn't trained all year, was out once during preseason and that's it. Ended up coming back out and just playing C's. Our B grade coach was keen to get him in the side and with a few out in round 18 he got promoted and as you noted has played the last two weeks now. Too good to be playing C grade but it was by his choice, I'm happy to have had him in our side for the past two games. He's much maligned at our club but is one of my favourite players to play with and one of the best I've played with. Played alot of footy with him and would have him in my side any day of the week.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:22 pm

I thought of Hinso, but didn't think it would be him coz he played Cs all year.

It was good to have him in the C's when I came down, for the same reasons as him. Him and Betto in the middle was a godsend coming out of the backlines. The first game I played was Round 10 I think against PNU.

I hit him up at least 10-15 times coming out of the backlines, and he had about 40 possies.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League