9%
Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Johno6 wrote:If you can pay frees against supporters I will be wearing the opposition colours every game in the crowd and abusing umps trying to get golden grove some free kicks.

I have posited that theory around the place. I think it works a lot better in theory than practice ;)

Any notion you can't pay free kicks against supporters is absolutely incorrect in any event.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 24, 2015 9:18 pm

jo172 wrote:I'm not getting sucked in.

Anyone throwing stones is doing it right through their great big glass house.

So you're unequivocally denying that there's anything wrong with your umpire, despite him receiving the most complaints on here since Rod Moss at Unley.

another one trying to deflect by pointing out faults with everyone else.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun May 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Firstly ; A member of the executive was there yesterday.

Secondly ; The HV umpire yesterday was terrible, absolute rubbish if we want to throw stones but the difference is when we are faced with questionable umpiring we shut our mouth. One person had a go at the HV umpire yesterday after being smashed in the face and recovering from his concussion he asked him " how his head was" and got sent off. If you don't talk to them and argue with them their impact is significantly reduced. At the end of the day though both umpires are volunteers and blokes running around yelling at them are the real embarrassment. Maybe if you treat the blokes with respect it might go a long way.

Thirdly ; Tony the evil umpire has sent off 2 of our players this year. If we abuse him, he sends us of just like the opposition. Makes me laugh when I read this crap about him. The only club that could legitimately complain is PAC as there umpire is at a much higher standard than any other I have seen this year and they had no complaints.

Fourthly ; Mr Cohiba I think you will find that I won't poll votes as our umpire has a man crush on J Kollias who got the 3 votes yesterday whilst not playing.

I love how in the one breath you can tell people not to have a crack up umpires because they're volunteers (which is rubbish in itself) and then you go and call someone elses umpire rubbish to deflect rubbish away from your own rubbish ump.

That's rubbish.

It all sounds like rubbish
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

So you're unequivocally denying that there's anything wrong with your umpire, despite him receiving the most complaints on here since Rod Moss at Unley.

I don't think you know what the word unequivocal means.

What you've quoted is an equivocal analysis of DJs unequivocal analysis.

The stones and glass houses comment is as equivocal as it gets.

Poor English shits me as much as poor umpiring
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Road to Glory » Sun May 24, 2015 10:11 pm

jo172 wrote:
Johno6 wrote:If you can pay frees against supporters I will be wearing the opposition colours every game in the crowd and abusing umps trying to get golden grove some free kicks.

I have posited that theory around the place. I think it works a lot better in theory than practice ;)

Any notion you can't pay free kicks against supporters is absolutely incorrect in any event.

I'd like to see where it's written in the rule book that you can pay free kicks against the crowd if you're so sure you're right
Road to Glory
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lucindale

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Road to Glory wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I'd like to see where it's written in the rule book that you can pay free kicks against the crowd if you're so sure you're right

It's been explained at multiple general committee (delegates) meetings. Ask your delegate
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Road to Glory » Sun May 24, 2015 10:15 pm

jo172 wrote:
Road to Glory wrote:
jo172 wrote:

It's been explained at multiple general committee (delegates) meetings. Ask your delegate

Talking about it or discussing it does not make it a rule and unless it's in the rule book It's not a rule that a free kick can be awarded for
Road to Glory
Rookie

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Road to Glory wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Road to Glory wrote:
jo172 wrote:I have posited that theory around the place. I think it works a lot better in theory than practice ;)

Talking about it or discussing it does not make it a rule and unless it's in the rule book It's not a rule that a free kick can be awarded for

You're right.

What you overlook is that the general committee meets multiple times a year but the published rule book is not updated at the frequency of general committee meetings because the general committee (ie the clubs) can see that's a waste of resources.

The general committee has the ultimate discretion to change the rules (as is minuted) which is communicated to umpires.

Ask your delegate or at least ask for the minutes. It is very impracticable to change the published version of the rules frequently when changes to the rules are clearly and forthrightly communicated to the clubs since the clubs are ultimately the ones who vote for it
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:24 pm

In other words the rule book is a much more fluid document than is feasible to keep updated as to the minute and all members of the league are aware of this
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Road to Glory » Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 pm

jo172 wrote:In other words the rule book is a much more fluid document than is feasible to keep updated as to the minute and all members of the league are aware of this

I'll have to ask the question Tuesday then and see if it's now a rule could be handy to know if it's ever a right game and we can get a free for our team because of it
Road to Glory
Rookie

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Road to Glory wrote:
jo172 wrote:In other words the rule book is a much more fluid document than is feasible to keep updated as to the minute and all members of the league are aware of this

I'll have to ask the question Tuesday then and see if it's now a rule could be handy to know if it's ever a right game and we can get a free for our team because of it

I have a long standing theory about investing in 65 other club polo shirts.

I don't think it's going to work. Save yourself some time and get your umpire(s) or footy director to call Rowston
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 24, 2015 11:17 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

WTF? Why did you need to make this personal?

Questioning my knowledge of the English language is really grasping at straws, especially for someone as smart as yourself: people will usually resort to insults when they have nothing to come back with. :roll:

You are saying without question (unequivocally for those playing at home) that there is nothing wrong with your ump.

Anyone throwing stones is doing it right through their great big glass house

You evil empire types need to start practicing what you preach. Sorry, all I'm getting is a great big ball of contradiction here.

I couldn't care about anyone umpires to be honest -all I'm trying to say is admit your ump isn't faultless -but you're only going to come under more scrutiny if you continue t0 show us a Mitsubishi Sigma and then try and convince us it's a Ferrari.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

WTF? Why did you need to make this personal?

Questioning my knowledge of the English language is really grasping at straws, especially for someone as smart as yourself: people will usually resort to insults when they have nothing to come back with. :roll:

You are saying without question (unequivocally for those playing at home) that there is nothing wrong with your ump.

Anyone throwing stones is doing it right through their great big glass house

No,

What this exact phrase does is acknowledge imperfection on his part, but points out competition wide imperfection. This is a definition of am equivocal response.

You're now also falling into a strawman fallacy.

Regardless we can play word games all we like.

I stand by what I've said before . he is par for the course in 8/8R.

The most telling feature is that this is his 4th year umpiring but first year of complaints. People dislike the results far more than the umpiring.

Your previously expressed implicit view that crowd sourcing the moral authority of low grade umpires is an accurate insight into their morality is also absolutely beneath you.

Footy Chick wrote:I couldn't care about anyone umpires to be honest -all I'm trying to say is admit your ump isn't faultless -but you're only going to come under more scrutiny if you continue t0 show us a Mitsubishi Sigma and then try and convince us it's a Ferrari.

I challenge you to find one post anywhere about any umpire who is alleged to be flawless (or hell, even good, apart from the PAC ump, he's great).

All that has happened is criticism of one umpire has been met with criticism of the other (and as far as I can see totally along tribal lines).

Anyone alleging perfection of an umpire is kidding themselves, just as much as anyone suggesting anyone other than the PAC umpire (god bless his heart) is considerably better or worse than any other.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 am

jo172 wrote:
Road to Glory wrote:
jo172 wrote:

It's been explained at the most recent meeting but sorry, there is no rule.

The only discussion on Monday Night was brought up by a delegate that suggested that in the MSJFL, they now have what is known as a Blue Card (on top of a red and yellow). The Blue card is applied when there is any abuse from the crowd to an umpire. This hasn't been introduced at Adult level (yet)

At this level of footy it’s not terribly hard to work out what crowd belongs to who. For the cynics who say they will don the opposition colours and hurl abuse, how many times do they reckon they’ll get away with it before someone raises it with a match day official or worse case, ends up getting a smack in the mouth for it.

I decided to go straight to the top for clarification on this one, and I quote;

The ONLY time an umpire “should” be giving a free kick/25mtr penalty against anyone off the field is if it’s from the coaches box so all clubs would be wise to set up exclusion zones around their boxes so umpires do not confuse abuse from the crowd with that coming from the box. With all that said, whilst the umpires shouldn't be paying free kicks against teams for abuse towards umpires, if there is abuse to the point an umpire feels the need to report to the League, a club will have more problems to worry about than a free kick being paid against them.

Sorry JO.

Footy Chick

Postby Road to Glory » Mon May 25, 2015 12:58 pm

So there we have it, just as I thought no such rule exists
Road to Glory
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 25, 2015 1:51 pm

and further to this

It's just come to my attention @Jo172 that the PNU D Grade brought its own beer to HV on Saturday. :?

Footy Chick

Postby Trader » Mon May 25, 2015 1:56 pm

One set of rules for PNU, another for everyone else!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 1:59 pm

Footy Chick wrote:and further to this

It's just come to my attention @Jo172 that the PNU D Grade brought its own beer to HV on Saturday. :?

May I ask what the beer prices are at HV?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7938 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Not that I saw (not being clever with words, this is genuinely the first I've heard of it and i was, you know, there).
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

May I ask what the beer prices are at HV?

No idea, I dont' drink beer.

Bourbon cans are $7 - that's all I care about :lol:

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League