New Clubs

Adelaide Footy League Talk

New Clubs

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 pm

It looks like HQ are serious about picking up some new clubs to fill the spare spots in Division 3 and 6... or at least making an offer. Hope the clubs who had the chance to go to Division 4 & 6 aren't the first ones whinging about this.

The ad is at the bottom of the first page of the Bounce under the D1 write up

http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/News/pdf/the_bounce_16_april_2015_copy1.pdf
Attachments
c9afl.png
(649.3 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Re: New Clubs

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 pm

So who would the likely candidates be?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Pag » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Wouldn't the spare spots be in Division 4 and 7 next year? As in, two clubs will still go up from Div 4 to Div 3, and two clubs will still go up from Div 7 to Div 6, so the empty spot would be in the lower division? Or have I missed something?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Pag wrote:Wouldn't the spare spots be in Division 4 and 7 next year? As in, two clubs will still go up from Div 4 to Div 3, and two clubs will still go up from Div 7 to Div 6, so the empty spot would be in the lower division? Or have I missed something?

If 2 go up from 4 to 3 and 2 come down from 3 to 4 and 2 go up from 3 to 2 that still leaves 9 in Div 3 doesn't it?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Technically, only 9th and 10th place go down. If only 10th place doesn't exist then only 9th goes down, but two still come up? That's how I read Pag's post, which would mean vacant spots in D4 and D7.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Too many numbers for a friday afternoon X_X
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Pag » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Q. wrote:Technically, only 9th and 10th place go down. If only 10th place doesn't exist then only 9th goes down, but two still come up? That's how I read Pag's post, which would mean vacant spots in D4 and D7.

Correct mate, that's how I would read the situation. I could be wrong though.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Pag wrote:
Q. wrote:Technically, only 9th and 10th place go down. If only 10th place doesn't exist then only 9th goes down, but two still come up? That's how I read Pag's post, which would mean vacant spots in D4 and D7.

Correct mate, that's how I would read the situation. I could be wrong though.

Yes I agree with Pag.

Another question what's the entry level now days for ammos if a new club or 2 were to enter the league?
No I have nothing to do with running any clubs, just curious.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Q. wrote:So who would the likely candidates be?

Brighton have discussed this in past years. I think it is considered on yearly basis. They are the only genuine option south or east. Edwardstown next. The targetted by very unlikelies are Marion, morphetville park and Blackwood.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Brighton, Morphettville Park and Marion a straight swap for Wingfield Royals. Sounds like a fair deal :)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby twobob » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:45 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Brighton, Morphettville Park and Marion a straight swap for Wingfield Royals. Sounds like a fair deal :)

Brighton, Blackwood and maybe Morphy Parks would be the only two teams out of that lot that would be able to competitively field teams in Div 3. Infact i heard recently that Blackwood or Brighton had been offered the div3 spot
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Boosh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:57 pm

twobob wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Brighton, Morphettville Park and Marion a straight swap for Wingfield Royals. Sounds like a fair deal :)

Brighton, Blackwood and maybe Morphy Parks would be the only two teams out of that lot that would be able to competitively field teams in Div 3. Infact i heard recently that Blackwood or Brighton had been offered the div3 spot

That would't shock me as all Div 4 clubs knocked it back and only 1 delusional div 5 club wanted it, would be a good opportunity to get a new club in at a good level without much complaint.

My club knocked back Div 3 and we wouldn't complain if another club took that spot.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Cohiba » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:14 pm

I recall Brighton OS being in Div 3 about 20 years ago. Competitive back then and would be a good prospect to consider if that's the direction the league is heading.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Boosh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Boosh wrote:
twobob wrote:

That would't shock me as all Div 4 clubs knocked it back and only 1 delusional div 5 club wanted it, would be a good opportunity to get a new club in at a good level without much complaint.

My club knocked back Div 3 and we wouldn't complain if another club took that spot.

That being said Pag is right, 3 teams out of Div 3 and 4 in at the end of the season leaving an opening in Div 6 or 7 next season
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League