C1 - season 2015

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: C1 - season 2015

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Interesting point. With AU, their C1 would be better standard that D7R, but under the rules I imagine that anyone that played D7R yesterday would be ineligible.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:32 pm

yeah one week they could state that their cgrade is the div 7 side and now conveniently this week decide nah our cgrade is our c1 side and their bgrade who are also in finals can top down their c1s over coming weeks. plus if the case the now finished div 7 boys can fill up the c1 side :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

marbles wrote:yeah one week they could state that their cgrade is the div 7 side and now conveniently this week decide nah our cgrade is our c1 side and their bgrade who are also in finals can top down their c1s over coming weeks. plus if the case the now finished div 7 boys can fill up the c1 side :)

Nobody from their D7 side yesterday will be eligible for a permit to C1 unless they've played a majority in C1 this year.
Q.
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:yeah one week they could state that their cgrade is the div 7 side and now conveniently this week decide nah our cgrade is our c1 side and their bgrade who are also in finals can top down their c1s over coming weeks. plus if the case the now finished div 7 boys can fill up the c1 side :)

Nobody from their D7 side yesterday will be eligible for a permit to C1 unless they've played a majority in C1 this year.

What about vice-versa (hypothetially)?

If they were both still alive and the seasons matched up better it would be an interesting question
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:47 pm

jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:

If they were both still alive and the seasons matched up better it would be an interesting question

If both teams were playing finals next week, I'm unsure if players could freely interchange between the two sides. Interesting point.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:10 pm

so none of their bgraders div 1r can be dropped to c1 then?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:28 pm

marbles wrote:considering the uni sides...

Div 1 finished
Div 1R - finals
Div 7 finished
Div 7R finished

C1 - finals

what is the ruling in regards to their now finished div 7 squad sandbagging their C1 side :)

Going on yesterday's results and the c1 side knocking off Henley, why would we bother?
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby finn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Q. wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:

If both teams were playing finals next week, I'm unsure if players could freely interchange between the two sides. Interesting point.

I believe that in that case there is free interchange between sides provided there are no non-playing sides between them.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:00 pm

finn wrote:
Q. wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I believe that in that case there is free interchange between sides provided there are no non-playing sides between them.

Is D7R considered to be between D7 and C1?
Q.
Coach

Postby finn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Q. wrote:
finn wrote:
Q. wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Is D7R considered to be between D7 and C1?

Not internally, must admit I'm not sure how the SAAFL see it.
Our c1 side, if required, could select players from c2 and c3 as well as those unselected who have qualified via playing the requisite number of games. I'd be very very surprised if anybody was selected who hadn't previously played at least 4 c1 games.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby G_Leonard » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:32 am

Interesting to see Port District stack their C grade on the weekend to get their first win for the year.

Several players in the side had played A grade this year - thought they would have beaten second bottom by more than 28 points.
G_Leonard
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Sedan-Cambrai

Postby Darth Demon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:26 pm

1. Finals Eligibility
As we move into the sharp end of the season, Finals Eligibility will become a contentious issue and after listing the Finals Eligibility Clause i.e. 35 of the approved Rules and Regulations in last week’s update, we are already having enquiries.
At the end of last year’s season, all member clubs suggested The League had been two liberal in issuing permits. Whilst Clause 35 is a long one, let’s be very clear on the most relative.
It was agreed in particular by member clubs, The League would enforce the following to an inch of its description.
35.1 (a) The player shall have been selected in any team of a Member Club in a minimum of four (4) minor round matches.
35.3 (a) If a Member Club’s higher Division team is no longer playing in the major round:
(a) a player may return to the lower Division for the remainder of any major round matches provided such player played the majority of their minor round matches for the season in the lower Division.
(b) a player who has not participated in any of their Member Club’s major round matches, shall have played a minimum of one match in the lower Division during the minor round to play in any of the Member Club’s lower Division major round matches subject to the player’s eligibility.
35.8 A request for a player permit shall be submitted on the Application For A Player Permit To Play In The Major Round form (Appendix 10) and lodged with The League no later than noon on the Thursday prior to the day on which the player seeking a permit desires to play.
The only consideration and we must stress it is a only a consideration is if a player has played 50/50, e.g. 8 A grade/8 B grade, and even that is not guaranteed if the majority of his A grade matches were in the second half of the season.
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Darth Demon wrote:1. Finals Eligibility
As we move into the sharp end of the season, Finals Eligibility will become a contentious issue and after listing the Finals Eligibility Clause i.e. 35 of the approved Rules and Regulations in last week’s update, we are already having enquiries.
At the end of last year’s season, all member clubs suggested The League had been two liberal in issuing permits. Whilst Clause 35 is a long one, let’s be very clear on the most relative.
It was agreed in particular by member clubs, The League would enforce the following to an inch of its description.
35.1 (a) The player shall have been selected in any team of a Member Club in a minimum of four (4) minor round matches.
35.3 (a) If a Member Club’s higher Division team is no longer playing in the major round:
[b](a) a player may return to the lower Division for the remainder of any major round matches provided such player played the majority of their minor round matches for the season in the lower Division.[/b]
(b) a player who has not participated in any of their Member Club’s major round matches, shall have played a minimum of one match in the lower Division during the minor round to play in any of the Member Club’s lower Division major round matches subject to the player’s eligibility.
35.8 A request for a player permit shall be submitted on the Application For A Player Permit To Play In The Major Round form (Appendix 10) and lodged with The League no later than noon on the Thursday prior to the day on which the player seeking a permit desires to play.
The only consideration and we must stress it is a only a consideration is if a player has played 50/50, e.g. 8 A grade/8 B grade, and even that is not guaranteed if the majority of his A grade matches were in the second half of the season.

This is essentially the point.

Arguments could be made that C1/C2 respectively are not lower divisions than Div 7/8 respectively, doubly so with regard to 7R/8R.

It's not clear for the purposes of PAOC and Adelaide Uni what the "lower division" is as opposed to say, Goodwood.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby finn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm expecting Henley to beat Athelstone by about 4 goals and the Blacks to best Goodwood by under 2 goals at Uni Oval.
Both games should be belters.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby 250+ » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:28 pm

finn wrote:I'm expecting Henley to beat Athelstone by about 4 goals and the Blacks to best Goodwood by under 2 goals at Uni Oval.

Next time your giving out tips remind me to pass them over Finn :)

Henley up by 4 points in a game more befitting a higher grade than C1. Athelstone got out early but were pegged back by quarter time. 6 scoring shots to 3 in the 2nd quarter to Athelstone should have seen a handy lead but poor accuracy saw Henley hold onto the lead by 4 pts at half time. Henley skipped away to a 22 point lead early and it looked like the might run away but the Raggies boys dug deep and hit the lead with a couple of minutes to go, but gave it up again in the last minute of the third quarter to still be down by 4 points. 8 goals (4 a piece) in a cracking third quarter. 5 lead changes up to 3 quarter time
Last quarter was a classic, 3 lead changes and Henley kicking a goal with less than 90 seconds saw them take out a hard fought game in hot conditions.

Post game some yahoo (read non-player) fronted and chested the umpire which put a dampener on the win for Henley and it will be interesting to see how that plays out at SAAFL HQ this week.

Athelstone lost the game but won the beer drinking, staying in the rooms and having many a beers till after 6 o'clock. Rather than rush home the Henley boys were invited into join them and its the 1st time in 30 years of footy I have seen both teams sit around in the rooms after a game and have a beer together. Both teams enjoying a beer together to celebrate a great game.

All the best to the remaining teams but forgive me if I lose interest from here on in.
See you in 2016
250+
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:54 am

From my conversations with people who would know, Henley are in strife
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby finn » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:11 am

250+ wrote:
finn wrote:I'm expecting Henley to beat Athelstone by about 4 goals and the Blacks to best Goodwood by under 2 goals at Uni Oval.

Next time your giving out tips remind me to pass them over Finn :)

My margins were poo but I got the tips right :D

I expect Henley to give Goodwood a real shake in the prelim and wouldn't be surprised if they get up next week.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 am

jo172 wrote:From my conversations with people who would know, Henley are in strife

So did they get in strife?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby marbles » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:28 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
jo172 wrote:From my conversations with people who would know, Henley are in strife

all is well
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&c=1-114-0-336322-0&pool=1001&round=3
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:01 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

A David Loveder got 4 weeks for Umpire abuse. Not sure if that's all that came of it.
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League