Club Payments Crackdown

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Postby GWW » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:12 pm

If there has to be a salary cap - in addition to points system - it should be set at a realistic amount of 100k or 120k. If it goes down to 60k next year it will cause significant issues and I think clubs will start to fold.

I also think the amount that a player/coach's pay that is included in salary cap ($300 a week I think?) is too low, and is probably a loophole that more and more clubs will try to exploit.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:25 pm

the Brighton video gave some interesting insight...

am curious if GSFL would be even greater than SAAFL/SFL

surely the SAAFL Div 1 should be allowed a little bit more room - otherwise its bye bye super stars theyll never play local :D

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (31.52 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Wasim1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:45 pm

GWW wrote:If there has to be a salary cap - in addition to points system - it should be set at a realistic amount of 100k or 120k. If it goes down to 60k next year it will cause significant issues and I think clubs will start to fold.

I also think the amount that a player/coach's pay that is included in salary cap ($300 a week I think?) is too low, and is probably a loophole that more and more clubs will try to exploit.

Deer Park in Victorian Metro League paid out in 2015 to players $260K. Ex AFL guys running around on a Sat getting $4K -$5K a game
Wasim1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Wasim1 wrote:
GWW wrote:If there has to be a salary cap - in addition to points system - it should be set at a realistic amount of 100k or 120k. If it goes down to 60k next year it will cause significant issues and I think clubs will start to fold.

Deer Park in Victorian Metro League paid out in 2015 to players $260K. Ex AFL guys running around on a Sat getting $4K -$5K a game

That's why Deer Park are lining up for their 4th flag in a row, Fev's playing for them this season.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby adr107 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Wasim1 wrote:

Woomelang-Lascelles in the now defunct Mallee League were paying similar amounts. Absolutely mental when you think about it.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Wasim1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Suri wrote:
Wasim1 wrote:

That's why Deer Park are lining up for their 4th flag in a row, Fev's playing for them this season.

And they won their 4th in a row at what cost?????
Wasim1
Mini-League

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Wasim1 wrote:
Suri wrote:
Wasim1 wrote:

And they won their 4th in a row at what cost?????

Who cares if they can afford it?
The club is obviously not losing money so good luck to them
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:16 pm

There would be clubs in Victoria country comps paying out more than that. Go to the Ovens/Murray and Geelong leagues. Heck I'd reckon there are/were clubs in country SA that would be forking out that!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Wasim1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Deer Park in Victorian Metro League paid out in 2015 to players $260K. Ex AFL guys running around on a Sat getting $4K -$5K a game[/quote]

That's why Deer Park are lining up for their 4th flag in a row, Fev's playing for them this season.[/quote]

And they won their 4th in a row at what cost?????[/quote]
The club is obviously not losing money so good luck to them[/quote]

So where is the balance and fairness in a competition that can do that? How many clubs might consider changing leagues as a result?
Salary caps and points were brought in to stop this very thing supposedly but who has the balls to do anything about it, noone!
Be hard playing every Sat against yourself if the others said " get F****D" and walked!
Wasim1
Mini-League

Postby Wasim1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Wasim1 wrote:Deer Park in Victorian Metro League paid out in 2015 to players $260K. Ex AFL guys running around on a Sat getting $4K -$5K a game

That's why Deer Park are lining up for their 4th flag in a row, Fev's playing for them this season.[/quote]

And they won their 4th in a row at what cost?????[/quote]
The club is obviously not losing money so good luck to them[/quote]

So where is the balance and fairness in a competition that can do that? How many clubs might consider changing leagues as a result?Deer Park were bequeathed a Million dollars by some guy so surely that should ring alarm bells to the league.
Salary caps and points were brought in to stop this very thing supposedly but who has the balls to do anything about it, noone!
Be hard playing every Sat against yourself if the others said " get F****D" and walked![/quote]
Wasim1
Mini-League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Had some spare time today to look at some clearances. I thought a big beneficiary of this system would be the bordering Victorian Leagues in mainly Wimmera, Sunraysia and Millewa who still would be paying a fair whack. Not too much movement on this front or nothing really worth taking note of...

Interesting that there is more and more talk of big offers coming from across the border. If you are willing to travel, you can do very well.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:20 pm

I know of two sfl lads going over the border for 1200 a game. No club in S.A. can compete with that.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League