is your club losing revenue

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: is your club losing revenue

Postby morell » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:17 am

Hahah yeah, if I get involved in this thread i will not get any work done.

but I will say, marbles, you've probably simplified it too much by providing a very granular and specific example, but I do agree that there is a completely different psychology to the new age modern footballer compared to yesteryear.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:24 am

Footy Chick wrote:Hmmmm

I seem to recall the delegates meeting we had at Woody South last year

The President of the Henley Football Club put this exact issue on the agenda and discussed it at length with the clubs. The CEO asked the General Committee if they thought this was a consideration and was happy to ask Sporting pulse if they could have the scores and best players entered for the Sunday Mail but delay the publication of the information to the public website til 8 o’clock.

Not one person agreed that this was even a consideration.

So why bring it up again a year later? :roll:

Fwiw, it's the kids that just don't give a shit and would rather be having cheaper pre-town drinks at home than support their club.

Im not on the committee i hav no idea what our delegates or prez is discussing behind closed doors but thankyou for sharing last years events

Did u ever ask sporting pulse? Whats the harm in it? Release the scores sure but how stupid is it that awards are revealed before theyre even announced, t
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:29 am

Agraders certainly attend id gather for most clubs

But ask yourself like for us...

Bgraders = 12 players
Cgraders = 5 players
Dgraders = 2 players

On average in attendance

If ur too nieve to believe that people arent looking then grow up this is 2015 and everyone is a genius on their smart phones

Players since the dawn of time after a game just wanna know if they got in best players so theyre daddies can be proud, and why wait till the coaches announcements when the anticipation is too much to bare for any young kid
Last edited by marbles on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:30 am

marbles wrote:

The President of the Henley Football Club put this exact issue on the agenda and discussed it at length with the clubs. The CEO asked the General Committee if they thought this was a consideration and was happy to ask Sporting pulse if they could have the scores and best players entered for the Sunday Mail but delay the publication of the information to the public website til 8 o’clock.

Not one person agreed that this was even a consideration.

So why bring it up again a year later? :roll:

Fwiw, it's the kids that just don't give a shit and would rather be having cheaper pre-town drinks at home than support their club.

Im not on the committee i hav no idea what our delegates or prez is discussing behind closed doors but thankyou for sharing last years events

Did u ever ask sporting pulse? Whats the harm in it? Release the scores sure but how stupid is it that awards are revealed before theyre even announced, t

Oh, so two completely random people from Henley thought that this would be the whole and sole reason no one comes back to the club anymore.

:O)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am

wristwatcher wrote:
marbles wrote:Whilst i wait for my dominos pizza, i am still strongly of the belief that the fact foxsportspulse best players are released online hours before your clubs presentation night at 7pm is causing a massive dent in the amount of foot traffic that comes to your club that night because rather than making an effort to come matxh presentation, a player can get home sit on the couch 4pm spend 30 seconds looking on internet and then decide nah cant be bothered going to presos didnt get in best players, just gonna stay home

Whereas if best players were not made available until say after 8pm i am certain the foot traffic to your clubs presos will increase rapidly due to the mystery & curiousness of eaxh player, hence bringing the revenue with them

This is not your finest post :roll:

Im Not sure what the awards are at your club but our awards are things like club meal vouchers or sponsors vouchers. Hardly the reason to motivate your attendance. Personally I know whether I'm going to the club for pressos that morning. I am much more likely to attend if we are dong presentations at the club and meals are being served.

Examples-
This Saturday night working at AO - not attending
Next Saturday is Band Night - attending
Rd.1 of Div 1 finals - win, lose or draw attending

Admittedly I need to be fairly organised but I can't imagine people checking sporting pulse and deciding upon this are going to be putting much money over a bar if they can buy a carton and get their beers at a third of the price.

There are easy ways for this problem to be fixed.

You didn't even ask him for a review on the pizza??
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am

That probably coincides with the expected commitment levels of those players

Would it be worth a club trialling putting on mini buses from the clubrooms to the city for free for the younger players.

An example maybe the clubs pays for a mini bus at say 10-10.30 to head into the city

Would that keep players around therefore paying for the bus plus profits over the bar, or would players just have pre drinks at their house and then come back to the club for when the bus leaves

Could you maybe make rules like if players buy 3 drinks over the bar then the bus is free etc etc

Just a thought
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am

morell wrote:Hahah yeah, if I get involved in this thread i will not get any work done.

but I will say, marbles, you've probably simplified it too much by providing a very granular and specific example, but I do agree that there is a completely different psychology to the new age modern footballer compared to yesteryear.

Do it do it do it!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:38 am

whufc wrote:That probably coincides with the expected commitment levels of those players

Would it be worth a club trialling putting on mini buses from the clubrooms to the city for free for the younger players.

An example maybe the clubs pays for a mini bus at say 10-10.30 to head into the city

Would that keep players around therefore paying for the bus plus profits over the bar, or would players just have pre drinks at their house and then come back to the club for when the bus leaves

Could you maybe make rules like if players buy 3 drinks over the bar then the bus is free etc etc

Just a thought

I really like this idea and am filing it to bring up at a Committee meeting.

The other thing that stands out is demographics of your playing list. If you have 25-30 blokes 23 and under, all who went to the same school one 21st birthday party from a player, or one of their school mates can cause havoc on your numbers.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:40 am

I played where I played for the social side of things, I ALWAYS had at least 2 pints with the opposition before heading back to our home club too.

I think the younger generation is a contributing factor but we used to have our shower, go in for a beer, organise dropping our cars & gear off then someone would do a quick pick up of all of us and take us back to the club for presso's and pre-town drinks.

I'd say the tougher drink driving laws would have a big impact too, 3 pints and you're over the limit.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:44 am

Footy Chick wrote:
marbles wrote:

The President of the Henley Football Club put this exact issue on the agenda and discussed it at length with the clubs. The CEO asked the General Committee if they thought this was a consideration and was happy to ask Sporting pulse if they could have the scores and best players entered for the Sunday Mail but delay the publication of the information to the public

Oh, so two completely random people from Henley thought that this would be the whole and sole reason no one comes back to the club anymore.

Im NOT in touch with our committee & this forum is NOT the official saafl complaints centre & i am NOT submitting a ticket on behalf of my club

And no id say someone has possibly picked up my rants from on here and noted it has merit

It may be a loss of revenue of say 100 to 200 each weak but add that up over a year & u got a massive gas leak of funds
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:56 am

Anyone on any committee, with any brains, who sit around each week wondering where else their club can find more funds would make sure they look under every rock

this is a nation wide issue to every club that uses the sporting pulse

if your club loses $200 a week because maybe 10 players couldnt be bothered showing up due to already knowing the awards then over 20 weeks your club is losing $2000 a year

happy with that mr club treasurer?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:02 am

marbles i'll support you haha - I know of at least half a dozen players at Ingle Farm who only ever show their face when they see their name in the best players lol! :lol:

However, also have a bucket load of people who don't come because:
a) underage and cant make it
b) young and rather do the pre-drinks/town thing from home
c) are older, have kids and need to have them home
d) our C grade played at 10:15am and they've been on the gas all day anyway and are spent

Also noticed that away games are more difficult to get players back to the club after away games - especially if there is a loss.

Sportingpulse is not the #1 factor.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:15 am

Zartan wrote:d) our C grade played at 10:15am and they've been on the gas all day anyway and are spent

They have also probably pumped enough money into the club over the day with lunch and drinks....

Can't expect them to stick around until 8pm when they arrived at 9am.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 am

heater31 wrote:
Zartan wrote:d) our C grade played at 10:15am and they've been on the gas all day anyway and are spent

They have also probably pumped enough money into the club over the day with lunch and drinks....

Can't expect them to stick around until 8pm when they arrived at 9am.

You'd hope so.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:44 am

Zartan wrote:marbles i'll support you haha - I know of at least half a dozen players at Ingle Farm who only ever show their face when they see their name in the best players lol! :lol:

d) our C grade played at 10:15am and they've been on the gas all day anyway and are spent

Also noticed that away games are more difficult to get players back to the club after away games - especially if there is a loss.

exactly true, it is not the number one factor, but it is a factor, and for clubs to survive the biggest generation of funds comes from purchases over the bar

by being naive and saying nah its no issue then u shouldnt be on a club committee who is striving to raise funds each and everyday

how simple request for every club in the nation to say to sporting pulse designers/programmers, to please do not release players names until 8pm local time that night, sure release the scores, but my god what a ridiculous concept to an awards ceremony and already have the winners released online 4 hours before

#thanksForShowingCourageToStandByLogic
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:50 am

marbles wrote:
Zartan wrote:marbles i'll support you haha - I know of at least half a dozen players at Ingle Farm who only ever show their face when they see their name in the best players lol! :lol:

exactly true, it is not the number one factor, but it is a factor, and for clubs to survive the biggest generation of funds comes from purchases over the bar

by being naive and saying nah its no issue then u shouldnt be on a club committee who is striving to raise funds each and everyday

how simple request for every club in the nation to say to sporting pulse designers/programmers, to please do not release players names until 8pm local time that night, sure release the scores, but my god what a ridiculous concept to an awards ceremony and already have the winners released online 4 hours before

How often is the players in Sportingpulse done by the coach? Ours is done by the football director & can be different to the actual awards.

Are you going to ban your coach from saying any player was good in the post match speech?

As somebody already mentioned, you already know if you got a kick on the day & if you're going to be around the mark.

All the other common sense arguments have been stated about changing behaviors, which contribute to 99% of the problem. Sadly, like many, for Marbles, common sense ain't that common
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am

jo172 wrote:
whufc wrote:That probably coincides with the expected commitment levels of those players

Just a thought

I really like this idea and am filing it to bring up at a Committee meeting.

The other thing that stands out is demographics of your playing list. If you have 25-30 blokes 23 and under, all who went to the same school one 21st birthday party from a player, or one of their school mates can cause havoc on your numbers.

Yep which seems to be the case more often than not, 20-30 blokes can easily be going to the same event on the one night
whufc
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:59 am

marbles wrote:

Given Henley is a member of Good Sports shouldn't they be looking at generating more income from avenues other than their bar and reducing their reliance on bar takings for survival?
#lipservicetogoodsportsprogram
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:00 pm

#dumbAsDogShit notion....

Award winners will be revealed at 4pm online, then at 7pm will have an awards ceremony to reveal the winners :shock:

#dumbAsDogShit people....

Those who cannot comprehend that the above notion is dumbAsDogShit
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I played where I played for the social side of things, I ALWAYS had at least 2 pints with the opposition before heading back to our home club too.

I think the younger generation is a contributing factor but we used to have our shower, go in for a beer, organise dropping our cars & gear off then someone would do a quick pick up of all of us and take us back to the club for presso's and pre-town drinks.

I'd say the tougher drink driving laws would have a big impact too, 3 pints and you're over the limit.

True but in saying that when you went to town you weren't paying $20 just to get through the doors and no less than $7 a beer plus a taxi fare (we used to always have a mate who would drink drive home but that is to risky now) previously you could just stay out and run amok until the first train but now that is less inticing with the lock outs.

Though the lads today are getting a nice bit of coin so u would think they could give some back
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League