is your club losing revenue

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: is your club losing revenue

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:29 pm

Zartan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
whufc wrote: previously you could just stay out and run amok until the first train but now that is less inticing with the lock outs.

Nasty, nasty memories.

I remember living in Evanston Gardens, getting the first train home - the walk home from the train station was absolute torture :lol:

I remember after the Kenilworth Ball I did an all nighter once and got the first Noarlunga train home Sunday morning. Bought a coke and a Sunday Mail for the trip so I didn't fall asleep. Woke up hungover as a pig as the train was pulling back in to the city. Slept ******* 2 hours in a suit and was still 2 hours from my front door. I have done some dumb shit when pissed and chewed my arm off when I had to, however I have never hated myself more than that morning....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: is your club losing revenue

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Jetters wrote:The idea that having best players on sporting pulse reduces presso attendance is so stupid. If it makes any difference its absolutely nominal and conversely, it should ensure attendance from those who do get in the bests. Either way, anyone who goes to pressos just because they're in the bests is a an douchebag and you wouldnt want them there anyway.

One good point that was raised is when you have a lot of players between 18-22, a lot of weekends are taken up by 18th and 21st birthdays which can wipe out a big number from pressos if all the players came from the same school.

The town and 'pre-drink' issue is also a big influence. Going to town is expensive, especially if you're a student. It costs you $20 to drink 10 drinks at home bought from a bottleo, $50/$60 to drink from the footy club, $60-$90 to do it in town. When you don't have much money and your aim is to get as gassed as possible they are valuable $$. Time is really money between footy and going to town. It also means when young players do come to the club they don't spend much.

naive.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League