SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:48 pm

Arch44 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Surely it should be 50/50 split.. WC shouldn't have to pay more than BL in this instance.. More than comfortable having sides have stand alone finals, but should be an even split 50/50

I can see why they're charging more for the A's, more likely to get a larger crowd, later in the day so there's more chance that people will stick around.

I can see that, but I was thinking more that it wasn't WC's choice to only host 1 game for the day, so having to pay more than the club who is taking that chance away from you is a bit steep. Brahma deserve a home final, no doubt, but if they wanted to host a final they should split the fee evenly with WC.. just my opinion anyway

IMO Brahma don't deserve a home final because their Agrade aren't in it.

This was my whole argument yesterday but I'm the idiot apparently!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:51 pm

wonder_kid wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
I can see that, but I was thinking more that it wasn't WC's choice to only host 1 game for the day, so having to pay more than the club who is taking that chance away from you is a bit steep. Brahma deserve a home final, no doubt, but if they wanted to host a final they should split the fee evenly with WC.. just my opinion anyway

This was my whole argument yesterday but I'm the idiot apparently!

Nope I'm on board and agree with you.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:The final fixture is out.... with this addition straight from the CEO:

Hi all, please find the final fixture for week 2.

It’s opportune to explain a couple of variables we have applied to fixturing and will continue to do so in the interests of practicality and or common sense.

Example 1
Div. 3R - Golden Grove v Flinders Pk. By rights this match should be played at Hunter Park before the Old Ignatians v Pembroke
Div. 8R – Old Ignatians v SMOSH West Lakes. This match should be played at TTG before the Div. 8 TTG v PAOC match

The logic applied is The League won’t make two teams play at Ignatians when neither team has a connection to either the Old Ignatians or Pembroke teams any more than we’ll make Ignatians and SMOSH West Lakes play at TTG so we have moved the 3R GG v FPFC match to Harpers Field as a stand-alone “home” final for GG and the Ignatians/SMOSH West Lakes to Hunter Park – everyone might not be happy but more people are than the alternative.

Example 2
4R - Hope Valley v Kenilworth. By rights this match should be played before the Eastern Park v Salisbury match at Dwight Reserve.
We have rescheduled this match to be played as a stand-alone “home” final for Hope Valley at Hope Valley Oval.

The rationale applied again is neither of the 4R teams have a relationship with either of the A grade teams playing, so we split the home match fee, Eastern Park pay their share and Hope Valley pay theirs.

We’re always looking for more palatable solutions so if anyone has other considerations, we’re open to hear about them.

Oh...look at D6R.....

If I can't sleep Friday night I have the option to catch the D6R game before the kids wake up.

I still don't agree that a no connection to either side is a valid reason for not giving an a grade team 2 finals at their home ground b grade sides should never get home finals this happened to kenilworth last week and I didn't like it either I would have been ok
With our c grade following us wherever we played to stay together !

If we had played at ep this week there is no issues either they deserved the right to host the a grade so they should get a 12:15 game
To reap the rewards of a final at home financially !

Golden grove and hope valley b grades don't deserve a b grade home final because it's reserves football shouldn't be rewarding b grade teams for having no a grade team in the finals this is now only going to cause more stand alone finals in the future and it's going to turn a great day at a final to an absolute farsical!

I wonder if the same attitude and reasoning would apply if the finals were at thebby?
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I can see why they're charging more for the A's, more likely to get a larger crowd, later in the day so there's more chance that people will stick around.

Valid point, I remember playing a game where the opposition B Grade forfeited, it was hard to get into it to start with, I liked the feel of the place when there's a pre-game going on, it will be a weird atmosphere without it.

Yeah this is the bit I'm going to have trouble with, all my personal prep and all of our prep as a group is based on the reserves game. I know it can still be done with the same timeframes, but I don't think it'll feel the same. I'm nitpicking though.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:15 pm

The 2:15 times lot is silly too what about the people who want to go watch mates family etc play an a grade final ?
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Pag wrote: Yeah this is the bit I'm going to have trouble with, all my personal prep and all of our prep as a group is based on the reserves game. I know it can still be done with the same timeframes, but I don't think it'll feel the same. I'm nitpicking though.

We're all creatures of habit.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Pag wrote:Yeah this is the bit I'm going to have trouble with, all my personal prep and all of our prep as a group is based on the reserves game. I know it can still be done with the same timeframes, but I don't think it'll feel the same. I'm nitpicking though.

There will be a definite feeling of flatness when you arrive at the ground, whether you're used of getting there before the B's or not, I always tried to get there before the B's started, ran a bit of water, mingled and joked around while watching the B's to release the nerves and get the feel.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Btw I'm not having a crack at either gg or hope valley fair play to ya no one would say no to a home final it's the league I'm annoyed with for allowing it for a stupid reason
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Well I'm not sure why you're all complaining because it was the clubs that voted to do this at the last AGM.

The hierarchy are only bowing to what was voted on by your club delegates

SO go and bitch and whinge to them.

No need for you to do this wonderkid, John Schultz has been made very aware of your objection. I dare you to go and argue with him ;)

I get it...everyone hates change, some things work, some things dont.

For mine - I can also see pro's and cons

For example, It can provide a much safer environment for your game in some circumstances. Don't jump up and down but lets face it, MIxing Brahma, West Croydon and Ingle Farm supporters is like mixing vinegar and bleach (or whatever it is that makes shit explode...I failed chemistry)

It also can be a positive logistically - making Westminster and Kenilworth both travel up to 90 minutes to play at Eastern Park if they don't have their A grade playing, isn't exactly common sense.

In some cases at least you're only paying pretty much half the price to cover your team for the day. Most teams actually purchase the home final for the home ground advantage, with the extra income being a bonus. If your supporters are any chop, they'll be at the game and you'll make you plenty of money. If your supporters are money sucking stingy bastards that bring their own beer to the footy then that's your issue to fix up.

Cons:

For mine it does take away from the atmosphere of the day a bit only having one game

ON the other hand, yes - in some circumstances it may affect total income but given you can charge for carpark too and keep that cash, you'll never be running at a loss

You could potentially be playing at a different time to what you're accustomed to, this affects some and doesn't affect others.

The game is constantly changing. I think we need to start looking outside the square a bit.

That's a big thing for me to say because I'm a massive traditionalist.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:46 pm

This is where everyone can vent their issues with it. There's no right or wrong and what's been done has been done.

It's human nature for everyone not to agree.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Wish my side was in the finals so I had something to whinge about.. :?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:49 pm

I always like the surrealness of having two completely unaligned reserves sides playing against one another in an oval on the over side of town. Before our Preliminary Final at Seaton a few years back (what a day!) Pembroke OS and Athelstone were playing. I enjoyed the strangeness, impracticability and ability to say G'Day to some people from different clubs.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Well I'm not sure why you're all complaining because it was the clubs that voted to do this at the last AGM.

No need for you to do this wonderkid, John Schultz has been made very aware of your objection. I dare you to go and argue with him ;)

For example, It can provide a much safer environment for your game in some circumstances. Don't jump up and down but lets face it, MIxing Brahma, West Croydon and Ingle Farm supporters is like mixing vinegar and bleach (or whatever it is that makes shit explode...I failed chemistry)

It also can be a positive logistically - making Westminster and Kenilworth both travel up to 90 minutes to play at Eastern Park if they don't have their A grade playing, isn't exactly common sense.

In some cases at least you're only paying pretty much half the price to cover your team for the day. Most teams actually purchase the home final for the home ground advantage, with the extra income being a bonus. If your supporters are any chop, they'll be at the game and you'll make you plenty of money. If your supporters are money sucking stingy bastards that bring their own beer to the footy then that's your issue to fix up.

Cons:

For mine it does take away from the atmosphere of the day a bit only having one game

ON the other hand, yes - in some circumstances it may affect total income but given you can charge for carpark too and keep that cash, you'll never be running at a loss

You could potentially be playing at a different time to what you're accustomed to, this affects some and doesn't affect others.

The game is constantly changing. I think we need to start looking outside the square a bit.

haha dobbing to schulzy doesn't bother me or change my opinion anyways ill happily tell him tonight if hes at training !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:01 pm

S Demon wrote:Wish my side was in the finals so I had something to whinge about.. :?

What are you talking about? Hope Valley are the whole reason for the argument apparently
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Well I'm not sure why you're all complaining because it was the clubs that voted to do this at the last AGM.

Cons:

So you are referring to BL, WC and IF supporters as shit? :shock:
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:06 pm

fc that's your problem you think this is all about Hope valley my gripe is with the league not individual football clubs!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:13 pm

I would've preferred to play before the A grade game at West Croydon - their supporters don't bother me, and would've been good to get on the cans and watch the A grade final..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Lets presume next week in Div 6 Smithfield have won their way through to the GF already in both grades and we have 4 different teams in prelims. There will be 2 different ovals for the Prelims. I don't care who voted what or who decided what. Its ridiculous.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Arch44 wrote:Lets presume next week in Div 6 Smithfield have won their way through to the GF already in both grades and we have 4 different teams in prelims. There will be 2 different ovals for the Prelims. I don't care who voted what or who decided what. Its ridiculous.

Nope they'll probably schedule both games at the same venue just to keep people guessing again..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:19 pm

the same could happen in divvy 4 as well especially if nth haven win in the 1s and sailsbury lose in the 1s 4 different teams for prelim finals!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League