FINALS WEEK 3 (FINAL)

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: FINALS WEEK 3 (FINAL)

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:No point complaining about stand alone reserves finals anymore looks as if they are here to stay we will soon have alot of single game finals and the atmosphere will be lost over a few bucks just doesn't sit well for me at all there should be 2 games at every ground in tbe finals doesnt matter what grwdes just 2 games

My thoughts on the stand alone ressies game Saturday, the biggest upside was the later start (2:15) gave supporters etc a chance to get themselves sorted and come, also in a way being the only game it made it feel a little more special in some aspects - not being undermined or overshadowed by the A grade game after.

On the flip side, it was really strange preparing for the later game, and being the only game reminded me of C grade a bit - lacked the atmosphere that would normally accompany a B grade game - especially a final - and after the game was really strange not being about to watch another game and get on the cans etc.

Overall I'm not really fussed about it, but would've preferred to play before an A grade game regardless of where it was or who it was against, and I also think reserves sides shouldn't have a say in the matter - you take the good with the bad.

I drove past Nth Haven on the way to our stand alone Agrade game Saturday and it looked choccas. That's what footy this time of year is meant to be like!

That was probably the biggest crowd I've ever scene at NH, a little bigger than when we played CLG in the semi's last season I reckon.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:58 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:I agree with you wonder kid.
In our case both games should be at Park 2 even if our B's are not playing. Shame it's not a good enough venue for CLG to come back to and create an afternoon of prelim finals footy with us.

yeah mate all prelims should be played at the a grade clubs home grown that earnt it with 2 games there regardless of connection its just stupid
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby The Ash Man » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:59 am

Another stellar job by the Sunday Mail putting in last weeks results. Useless
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley