FINALS WEEK 3 (FINAL)

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: FINALS WEEK 3 (DRAFT)

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:01 pm

wonder_kid wrote:No point complaining about stand alone reserves finals anymore looks as if they are here to stay we will soon have alot of single game finals and the atmosphere will be lost over a few bucks just doesn't sit well for me at all there should be 2 games at every ground in tbe finals doesnt matter what grwdes just 2 games

My thoughts on the stand alone ressies game Saturday, the biggest upside was the later start (2:15) gave supporters etc a chance to get themselves sorted and come, also in a way being the only game it made it feel a little more special in some aspects - not being undermined or overshadowed by the A grade game after.

On the flip side, it was really strange preparing for the later game, and being the only game reminded me of C grade a bit - lacked the atmosphere that would normally accompany a B grade game - especially a final - and after the game was really strange not being about to watch another game and get on the cans etc.

Overall I'm not really fussed about it, but would've preferred to play before an A grade game regardless of where it was or who it was against, and I also think reserves sides shouldn't have a say in the matter - you take the good with the bad.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:13 pm

wonder_kid wrote:No point complaining about stand alone reserves finals anymore looks as if they are here to stay we will soon have alot of single game finals and the atmosphere will be lost over a few bucks just doesn't sit well for me at all there should be 2 games at every ground in tbe finals doesnt matter what grwdes just 2 games

Who is gaining these few bucks you speak of?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Zartan wrote:

My thoughts on the stand alone ressies game Saturday, the biggest upside was the later start (2:15) gave supporters etc a chance to get themselves sorted and come, also in a way being the only game it made it feel a little more special in some aspects - not being undermined or overshadowed by the A grade game after.

On the flip side, it was really strange preparing for the later game, and being the only game reminded me of C grade a bit - lacked the atmosphere that would normally accompany a B grade game - especially a final - and after the game was really strange not being about to watch another game and get on the cans etc.

Overall I'm not really fussed about it, but would've preferred to play before an A grade game regardless of where it was or who it was against, and I also think reserves sides shouldn't have a say in the matter - you take the good with the bad.

I drove past Nth Haven on the way to our stand alone Agrade game Saturday and it looked choccas. That's what footy this time of year is meant to be like!
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:21 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

I drove past Nth Haven on the way to our stand alone Agrade game Saturday and it looked choccas. That's what footy this time of year is meant to be like!

Hope Valley was choccas on Saturday..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: FINALS WEEK 3 (FINAL)

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:30 pm

No time wasted here..

final document attached, I think there's just been some time changes
Attachments
week 3 finals.pdf
(257.84 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:37 pm

S Demon wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

For 1 game not 2 and Brahma wasn't by the sounds of it. We get TOS no offence but don't have many supporters as well.
Last edited by Arch44 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:38 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No time wasted here..

Jimmy will be happy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:47 pm

Arch44 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

For 1 game not 2 and Brahma wasn't by the sounds of it. We get TOS no offence but don't have many supporters as well.

So if Brahma wasn't choccas and TOS have no following, sounds like you saved yourself $400..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm

S Demon wrote:So if Brahma wasn't choccas and TOS have no following, sounds like you saved yourself $400..

Ingle Farm have a large supporter base - was plenty there Saturday, just no one from Brahma and none of our spectators or players were able to stick around like they would've otherwise.

Only need to look at the 1st week of finals at Lockleys, the crowd that day was impressive, would've been similar at WC Sat, and will be like that this week at Smithfield.

Nope I reckon West Croydon were the big losers from the weekend.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:11 pm

Zartan wrote:
S Demon wrote:So if Brahma wasn't choccas and TOS have no following, sounds like you saved yourself $400..

Ingle Farm have a large supporter base - was plenty there Saturday, just no one from Brahma and none of our spectators or players were able to stick around like they would've otherwise.

Only need to look at the 1st week of finals at Lockleys, the crowd that day was impressive, would've been similar at WC Sat, and will be like that this week at Smithfield.

Couldn't have put it any better Zartan =D>
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:14 pm

Zartan wrote:

Be interested to hear how the crowds were at EP and GG who also had stand alone finals. We had a very decent crowd, sold out of BBQ and got our money back for hosting from the gate ($5 parking). The 2.15pm timeslot worked well as the club was packed from 4.30pm-6.30pm. It's not always going to be a winner for all clubs. Nothing ever is. But it worked for us on Saturday - on and off the field
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm

Zartan wrote:

i believe we took over $1500 plus just through the canteen alone that day..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm

Zartan wrote:

and here I thought they won by 100pts and got themselves into a prelim :shock:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Burras » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:18 pm

S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:

and here I thought they won by 100pts and got themselves into a prelim :shock:

Very good turn out at GG.. In hindsight we should have tried to tee up the 18's between GG and Flinders to be on the same day, could've got even more and made a day out of it, still big crowd at both though
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:18 pm

S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Be interested to hear how the crowds were at EP and GG who also had stand alone finals. We had a very decent crowd, sold out of BBQ and got our money back for hosting from the gate ($5 parking). The 2.15pm timeslot worked well as the club was packed from 4.30pm-6.30pm. It's not always going to be a winner for all clubs. Nothing ever is. But it worked for us on Saturday - on and off the field

And good work by you guys too for taking full advantage of it. That's not really my issue I still think Agrade sides should earn the right to host a full day of football.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:21 pm

S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:

EP had a decent crowd for two local rivals playing in a final but probably less than I would've predicted, and nowhere near what we had the week before v Pooraka IMO.

The Elizabeth lads on the western side of the ground were quite humorous however.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:26 pm

Pag wrote:EP had a decent crowd for two local rivals playing in a final but probably less than I would've predicted, and nowhere near what we had the week before v Pooraka IMO.

The Elizabeth lads on the western side of the ground were quite humorous however.

The ninja turtles?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:52 pm

Thats my point the crowds would have been even bigger at ep if there was a game before hand i bet alot of the early game supporters would have stuck around and watched ep and sails im just old school and finals should be earnt by the a grade and the 2s and 3s should just deal with even tho we did get a home final in the b grade i didnt agree that we should of.got.one. nothing against any club for taking it as the extra coin is always handy but for loss of atmosphere on finals day it aint worth it especially when say salisbury b grade dont get a home final it does make it unfair just my opinion tho
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:No time wasted here..

Jimmy will be happy.

Not that bad: Hunter Park, then Klemzig where I'll stay for the A Grade as well (with my league tie on)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby wassprinttospace » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:45 pm

I agree with you wonder kid.
In our case both games should be at Park 2 even if our B's are not playing. Shame it's not a good enough venue for CLG to come back to and create an afternoon of prelim finals footy with us.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League