Rosewater
17%
Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:33 am

oldman wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:I can't believe, the club you coach @ has just been relegated, gone through merger talks & your on here bragging about a b grade flag? Wouldn't be surprised if you get a call from the prez tomorrow.

Also well done to Hectorville on getting straight back into div 4. thought u could've thrown a blanket over 4 sides to win the flag. Was an open comp.

Haven't once bragged about winning a B Grade flag. Have said though that we would have loved nothing more than to be successful in the A's sometimes though clubs go through a rough patch. We will be doing everything we can to turn around quickly as Woody Sth showed. If I were you I'd be more worried about your own backyard mate rather than an opposition club. I also think there is a saying something like winners are grinners and it doesn't matter what grade you win a flag in its still worth winning it champ.

Two posts up? Hmmmmm.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Did find that funny!

From an outsiders point of view it's not a good look when your A's are relegated but your B's go on and win the flag, no matter the facts. I'm not being a smartarse or trying to start an argument for kicks either. It's a terrible look actually.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby oldman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:12 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Did find that funny!

From an outsiders point of view it's not a good look when your A's are relegated but your B's go on and win the flag, no matter the facts. I'm not being a smartarse or trying to start an argument for kicks either. It's a terrible look actually.

For 2 years now the B's and Cs have been strong. Sometimes clubs have depth without enough quality at the top end. Considering we don't pay players and rely on our off field culture to attract new players I think everyone acknowledges there are really only 2 ways of getting quality A graders to your club either through a junior program which we don't have atm or through $$$$ which we also haven't done. So it might take time for some of the kids who played this season in the B's time to mature but we know taking a step backwards can sometimes mean 2 steps forward at a later date.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby marbles » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:21 pm

oldman wrote:

For 2 years now the B's and Cs have been strong. Sometimes clubs have depth without enough quality at the top end. Considering we don't pay players and rely on our off field culture to attract new players I think everyone acknowledges there are really only 2 ways of getting quality A graders to your club either through a junior program which we don't have atm or through $$$$ which we also haven't done. So it might take time for some of the kids who played this season in the B's time to mature but we know taking a step backwards can sometimes mean 2 steps forward at a later date.

or you have a coach who believes your magoos have no chance of performing at the extreme heights of "division 5" football

gives a kid a chance of playing A's in last 5 minutes of each quarter, sits him on bench 80% of game... nope didnt get a kick... back to magoos for you
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Fair enough Oldman as I said it's only from an outsider looking in.

Be interesting to see the B grade team you put on the park Saturday over the year with the snapshot of games played this year. I would think a very large proportion of blokes in that team would have played at least 35-40% of their games in the ones if they were rewarding performance of players in the 2's considering the ladder position of the 2 sides.

I did notice 1 bloke last week playing in the GF that had only played 2 a grade games all year (was in best players both games too) but played the rest of the games for the year in the 2's and played in the GF. That's where I got my opinion from an outsider from.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:25 pm

oldman wrote:

To your defence, your A's lost a heap of games by narrow margins.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:40 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Fair enough Oldman as I said it's only from an outsider looking in.

Be interesting to see the B grade team you put on the park Saturday over the year with the snapshot of games played this year. I would think a very large proportion of blokes in that team would have played at least 35-40% of their games in the ones if they were rewarding performance of players in the 2's considering the ladder position of the 2 sides.

I did notice 1 bloke last week playing in the GF that had only played 2 a grade games all year (was in best players both games too) but played the rest of the games for the year in the 2's and played in the GF. That's where I got my opinion from an outsider from.

Pulteney 5R.jpg
Pulteney 5R.jpg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Dangeroos wrote:Would like to say congratulations to Hectorville on this year's premiership, they beat us hands down yesterday. Maybe played our g.f last week against Lockleys, but regardless not a Smithfield performance. H.F.C we're a formidable opponent all year and we look forward to meeting them next year in div 4.

is thommo going on dangeroos?

HFC were a very tough opponent for all teams..their "against" was about 50 goals less than the nearest..SFC were a shell of the side we played 7 days earlier..maybe they did play their GF the week before..got smashed in the ruck department which was always my concern..nobody picked up wootton either or if they did they certainly werent close to him..best of luck to both teams going up..they will need it..a very tough division looms again in div 4..

oldman: you shocked us with your revelation you were the coach! :)

you were the undisputed favorites as i noted and saturday showed why..i think you had about 9-10 changes from the team we beat in the middle of the season..i dont have any problem with who played in your side, it is what it is..the best reserves team i have seen in these lower divisions..you were very impressive saturday and we werent..we think we squeezed all we could out of the group but their run came to an inglorious end..who got BOG from the league?..i thought cleveland absolutely dominated all day along with porteus..both can come and play a full year in A grade with me if they want! 8)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:44 pm

heater31 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:[quote="Zartan"]Pulteney & Glenunga merger best for all parties and best for the comp.. sooner it happens the better.. come on lads lift your game! :D

You just want West Croydon out of d6

You don't? :D

Come to think of it...this merger would be a great idea [emoji38]

Check the Glenunga Facebook page gents.......the wedding is off ;)[/quote]
Hmm the plot thickens here.....who approached who?? Pulteney facebook page claiming it was Glenunga doing the approaching and the Navy Blues saying thanks but no thanks.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:35 am

Would make more sense if it was Glenunga approaching Pulteney.

They've got clubrooms and juniors - a chance to add some zero point players would be just the sort of tonic that helped Unley grow their club
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:58 pm

I was reading Sportsbeat last night and noticed something that I thought odd..
"Like the victors, Smithfield will look for an impact in Division 4 next year, if promoted."
Is there some chance they wont be promoted?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:30 pm

They are being promoted. Both D5 finalists going up to make up for Poorka being relegated by the league
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:27 am

Neags, D4 coach of the year, 2016!?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Why is what and how Pulteney run their club any concern to other clubs?? By what pultney are saying they dont have the quality a graders to win enough games is backed by some of their close losses.. we all know that if you dont pay top dollar these days you wont get the quality you require to have a successful a grade in any grade especially if you dont have a strong junior programme!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:08 am

wonder_kid wrote:Why is what and how Pulteney run their club any concern to other clubs?? By what pultney are saying they dont have the quality a graders to win enough games is backed by some of their close losses.. we all know that if you dont pay top dollar these days you wont get the quality you require to have a successful a grade in any grade especially if you dont have a strong junior programme!

Pulteney used to be an all-boys school with a reasonably strong sports program. It has become co-ed (and is a better school as a result) but the production line of decent footballers has dried up. The change to co-ed started in about 1999 and the depth of sporting talent has slowly eroded over time.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby schimma » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Word on the street that the horrible year at rosewater has got worse with Money going missing??
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Arch44 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:10 pm

schimma wrote:Word on the street that the horrible year at rosewater has got worse with Money going missing??

Wondered how long until this got out.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Arch44 wrote:
schimma wrote:Word on the street that the horrible year at rosewater has got worse with Money going missing??

They say things come in threes.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:39 am

heater31 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

annus horribilis
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby SATCHEL » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:57 am

heater31 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

Not really, generally just once for me and then I go to sleep.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League