Salary Cap Investigations

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby DOC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Have to justify 20 integrity officers somehow.

What a disgrace. Filling in the reserves FFS. Should be congratulated not hounded.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 668 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:26 am

jo172 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:There would be more than just the 1 club in that league who would be destroying the Salary Cap. 90% of the leagues in Vic would have offenders in them both metro and country. Blokes don’t travel 3-400 kms a week and bypass 2-3 leagues on the way for “just” $4-500 per week. I know of clubs in Vic country offering multiple people $2000+ per week. The coin that goes around across the border is unreal but you’d be nieve to think it doesn’t still happen in SA too - Maybe the amounts not as common, but it still goes on.

What blows my mind is the resources available to the Clubs in what's essentially a metro Melbourne League.

Wouldn't be a metropolitan club in Adelaide that could get near that kind of salary cap.

Yeah that absolutely is a staggering cap for a Suburban Footy Club. Their set up is better than most SANFL clubs and would get an absolute truckload of cash pumped in to them. You are right when you say that no Suburban Club in SA would be close to that and if they were then good luck to them. $10,000+ a week in match payments is mind blowing for a City club and in Vic Country some clubs would be doubling that.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 522 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:05 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
jo172 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:There would be more than just the 1 club in that league who would be destroying the Salary Cap. 90% of the leagues in Vic would have offenders in them both metro and country. Blokes don’t travel 3-400 kms a week and bypass 2-3 leagues on the way for “just” $4-500 per week. I know of clubs in Vic country offering multiple people $2000+ per week. The coin that goes around across the border is unreal but you’d be nieve to think it doesn’t still happen in SA too - Maybe the amounts not as common, but it still goes on.

What blows my mind is the resources available to the Clubs in what's essentially a metro Melbourne League.

Wouldn't be a metropolitan club in Adelaide that could get near that kind of salary cap.

Yeah that absolutely is a staggering cap for a Suburban Footy Club. Their set up is better than most SANFL clubs and would get an absolute truckload of cash pumped in to them. You are right when you say that no Suburban Club in SA would be close to that and if they were then good luck to them. $10,000+ a week in match payments is mind blowing for a City club and in Vic Country some clubs would be doubling that.
The metro caps are higher than the country caps. I think the Geelong FL is the highest cap and its less than city caps
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 460 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League