Salary Cap Investigations

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby shoe boy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:48 am

I'm not sure how to interpret this. You don't think the salary cap has worked well, so you think clubs are breaching the rules. Yet you call it a witch hunt for investigating those suspected of breaking the rules? Are they supposed to ignore suspected breaches?
It's one thing to disagree with the rule but your club, and every other club, has agreed to abide by it.[/quote]

Not true , my league may of agreed SFL but my and other clubs within did not agree with the salary cap as it is .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby morell » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:28 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Todays Tiser "Matt Turner" Probe into salary cap breaches.

Quote from Matt Duldig "We THINK it has worked really well"
You have to be joking ,this witch hunt is a disgrace to all grass roots football clubs .

Matt and his now army of volunteers :roll: who continue to tell all we are saving ourselves from ourselves !!

Matt go back and TRY another way to prop up a very poor product in the SANFL!

I'm not sure how to interpret this. You don't think the salary cap has worked well, so you think clubs are breaching the rules. Yet you call it a witch hunt for investigating those suspected of breaking the rules? Are they supposed to ignore suspected breaches?
It's one thing to disagree with the rule but your club, and every other club, has agreed to abide by it.
Hahah the contradictions are quite astonishing at times.

That's what happens when people think with self interest rather than with rationality.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:30 am

Seems to me the Ammo's are happy with the cap but the country leagues aren't.

IIRC this is what it was all based upon in the first place, the deterioration of the SAAFL.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 am

Dutchy wrote:Seems to me the Ammo's are happy with the cap but the country leagues aren't.

IIRC this is what it was all based upon in the first place, the deterioration of the SAAFL.

Nice troll.

We all know that the Cap was implemented to slow the deterioration of the SANFL, and particularly the SANFL reserves.

My suspicion is that the C9AFL clubs are broadly in favour of it (if at least not militantly against it) is that it only changed the football operations of a small minority of clubs.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Call me a troll but agree with what I said?

Ammo's like it, others don't
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:04 pm

jo172 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Seems to me the Ammo's are happy with the cap but the country leagues aren't.

Nice troll.

We all know that the Cap was implemented to slow the deterioration of the SANFL, and particularly the SANFL reserves.

My suspicion is that the C9AFL clubs are broadly in favour of it (if at least not militantly against it) is that it only changed the football operations of a small minority of clubs.

IMO it was implemented for various reasons. SANFL player drain, Metro player drain and to safe guard club administrators from themselves when the shit hits the fan and club officials find themselves in trouble with the incorporated body act.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:Call me a troll but agree with what I said?

Ammo's like it, others don't

You suggested it was the creation of the Ammos, that's the troll.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Never said they created it....anyway play on
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Ditchy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:28 pm

No doubt the SANFL with help from the C9 AFL created it.
Stops the player drain away from the SANFL and C9 AFL. Everyone knows who created it but its a good rule
All good but. Throw those teams out for 12 months for first conviction of breaches to salary cap
Ditchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Ditchy wrote:No doubt the SANFL with help from the C9 AFL created it.
Stops the player drain away from the SANFL and C9 AFL. Everyone knows who created it but its a good rule
All good but. Throw those teams out for 12 months for first conviction of breaches to salary cap

No doubt eh! Another ignorant post
Plus there has been successive nett positive transfers into the C9 AFL for the past 6 years I've counted
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:19 am

What Jimmy said.

A player drain is the last thing that is happening to metropolitan leagues. More the alternative with young men coming to town to study/work as part of the broader urban migration
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Ditchy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:54 pm

12 month ban for 1st offense and 3 year ban for 2nd offense. Life ban for 3rd offense. Easy
Ditchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:58 am

What are peoples thoughts on the ban for players transferring to their non home club in the country. i.e. My home club is Tailem Bend and i transfer to say Willaston or something similar. Seeing that Willaston is not my original home club i will need to wait 36 months before returning to the SAAFL!
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby jo172 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:03 am

SATCHEL wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the ban for players transferring to their non home club in the country. i.e. My home club is Tailem Bend and i transfer to say Willaston or something similar. Seeing that Willaston is not my original home club i will need to wait 36 months before returning to the SAAFL!

If the other CFL affiliated Clubs wanted to play ball on the same salary cap for 2017 they agreed to I'd think it was ridiculous.

Given they've gone back on their word it's heavy-handed, but necessary.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:11 am

SATCHEL wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the ban for players transferring to their non home club in the country. i.e. My home club is Tailem Bend and i transfer to say Willaston or something similar. Seeing that Willaston is not my original home club i will need to wait 36 months before returning to the SAAFL!

As long as it benefits the SAAFL the CFL will be all over it!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Fricky » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 am

Why would this be bought in? Maybe to help clubs from having to always bring in another 3 point player as guys move around each year.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:45 pm

The SAAFL quite happy to have all the young blokes from the country who move to the city for education/work come into their clubs but the minute they want to go the other way they throw a tanty and want to ban them and the CFL will allow it, the sooner this dictatorship that only benefits the SAAFL and SANFL is wound up the better off the rest of the state will be
As someone said earlier far more players transferring into the SAAFL than out so whats the issue??
Maybe if you got more than Mum and Dad along to watch the amateur hour you wouldnt be so jealous of what the country clubs are offering. Why dont you start charging a gate fee and you to might be able to afford the big dollars the country clubs can
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:47 am

daysofourlives wrote:The SAAFL quite happy to have all the young blokes from the country who move to the city for education/work come into their clubs but the minute they want to go the other way they throw a tanty and want to ban them and the CFL will allow it, the sooner this dictatorship that only benefits the SAAFL and SANFL is wound up the better off the rest of the state will be
As someone said earlier far more players transferring into the SAAFL than out so whats the issue??
Maybe if you got more than Mum and Dad along to watch the amateur hour you wouldnt be so jealous of what the country clubs are offering. Why dont you start charging a gate fee and you to might be able to afford the big dollars the country clubs can

True daisy fashion.

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:09 am

daysofourlives wrote:The SAAFL quite happy to have all the young blokes from the country who move to the city for education/work come into their clubs but the minute they want to go the other way they throw a tanty and want to ban them and the CFL will allow it, the sooner this dictatorship that only benefits the SAAFL and SANFL is wound up the better off the rest of the state will be

The current situation is the CFL caved in to 2 leagues on the PROMISED salary cap level this year, but PROMISED the salary cap would be reduced next year. They have now broken that written PROMISE for the second time.
The SAAFL have been trying to get the CFL change the APPS rules to allow bona fide city/country transfers worth zero points since I have been involved with it but the country leagues don't want a bar of it.

Talk about tanties
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

The current situation is the CFL caved in to 2 leagues on the PROMISED salary cap level this year, but PROMISED the salary cap would be reduced next year. They have now broken that written PROMISE for the second time.
The SAAFL have been trying to get the CFL change the APPS rules to allow bona fide city/country transfers worth zero points since I have been involved with it but the country leagues don't want a bar of it.

Talk about tanties

And who willll that benefit, the saafl of course so you can get all the lads moving to the city for nothing. Good on the country clubs for telling them to stick it. Again it would only work one way. As I said, why don't you lift your standards instead of dragging the well run country comps down to your level.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League