Salary Cap Investigations

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:57 pm

jo172 wrote:What really loses me is that all Divisions have the same salary cap with the natural implication being that the gap between D1 and D7 should be as narrow as possible.

In what world is this a preferable reality?

the sad reality of equal capping div 1 to div 7 down, is that the cream of adelaide's metropolitian total footballers, the top 5% who are actually worthy of being paid, are unfortunately unable to be facilated here because they are classed as too good and too expensive. Or in another sense - not welcome here

consequently then they have to go to the barossa, great southern or whatever league

Then throughout the year channel 9 do their tv snippets, and we all pay $15 bucks to get into a div 1 grand final... "yeah C9AFL its all so great", but it truly isnt because the cream of the crop are being excluded off and we are all forced to watch a sub-standard division 1
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby bird of prey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:05 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:What really loses me is that all Divisions have the same salary cap with the natural implication being that the gap between D1 and D7 should be as narrow as possible.

the sad reality of equal capping div 1 to div 7 down, is that the cream of adelaide's metropolitian total footballers, the top 5% who are actually worthy of being paid, are unfortunately unable to be facilated here because they are classed as too good and too expensive. Or in another sense - not welcome here

consequently then they have to go to the barossa, great southern or whatever league

Then throughout the year channel 9 do their tv snippets, and we all pay $15 bucks to get into a div 1 grand final... "yeah C9AFL its all so great", but it truly isnt because the cream of the crop are being excluded off and we are all forced to watch a sub-standard division 1

I think you're being a bit extreme here Marbles. There would maybe be 1 or 2 saafl clubs that would realistically be able to match what some country clubs pay. So regardless of a cap or not, you'd still have these sorts of guys going to the country chasing a dollar.
I don't think div 1 would be considered sub-standard as a result. Plus, the cream of the local crop should all be playing SANFL anyway. I'd be pretty confident in saying div 1 would still be the best non-sanfl comp in SA.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:10 pm

bird of prey wrote:
marbles wrote:

I think you're being a bit extreme here Marbles. There would maybe be 1 or 2 saafl clubs that would realistically be able to match what some country clubs pay. So regardless of a cap or not, you'd still have these sorts of guys going to the country chasing a dollar.
I don't think div 1 would be considered sub-standard as a result. Plus, the cream of the local crop should all be playing SANFL anyway. I'd be pretty confident in saying div 1 would still be the best non-sanfl comp in SA.

im only pushing that we have "equal" salary caps to country clubs - Div1 to Div3, then if nuggets want drive out to poultry farms, then who gives a stuff

:) secondly who is the biggest name in c9afl div 1 2016?

edit: want*
Last edited by marbles on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 pm

marbles wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
marbles wrote:

im only pushing that we have "equal" salary caps to country clubs - Div1 to Div3, then if nuggets what drive out to poultry farms, then who gives a stuff

:) secondly who is the biggest name in c9afl div 1 2016?

Based on your criteria of has their own wikipedia articles Ben Nason, Hayden Jolly and Adam Cockshell come immediately to mind.

More when you count Michael Coad, Shane Tuck and Travis Tuck next year.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby morell » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Lads.

I'm coming back next year.

They'll be 10 deep at the Den to witness the majesty
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby jo172 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:06 pm

morell wrote:Lads.

Only because Mitchell Park are on the D1 salary Cap right?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Well am glad there were at least 3 players u could name :shock:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Mitchell Park and Henley will have exactly the same number of players in D1 in 2017. ;)
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:41 pm

jo172 wrote:

if the league found out what I am really on they'd kick Mitchell Park out of the comp.
morell
Coach

Postby twobob » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:19 am

morell wrote:
jo172 wrote:

if the league found out what I am really on they'd kick Mitchell Park out of the comp.

Your on the good drugs then?
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby morell » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:12 am

Many would say that I am twobob! Alas, I am not even a drinker let alone drug taker.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Jay schultz has turned down an offer of $400 a game at an unconfirmed c9afl club and will instead be heading to a victorian country club next season
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby heater31 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:35 pm

marbles wrote:Jay schultz has turned down an offer of $400 a game at an unconfirmed c9afl club and will instead be heading to a victorian country club next season

Didn't realise St Kevin's Old Boys had relocated out of the Metro Melbourne area.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby running defender » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:02 am

Jay Schultz at $400 I can't understand why he hasn't
Stuck around , after being on close to 350k +.
You blokes are kidding yourselfs if you keep voting for this crap
Salary cap you will never keep any gun players here if Victoria is based on population
Salary cap , with clubs aloud to upto 150k a year.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:53 am

running defender wrote:Jay Schultz at $400 I can't understand why he hasn't
Stuck around , after being on close to 350k +.
You blokes are kidding yourselfs if you keep voting for this crap
Salary cap you will never keep any gun players here if Victoria is based on population
Salary cap , with clubs aloud to upto 150k a year.

Thought i read Victorian clubs cap is 250k, good luck any SANFL club attracting anyone with their 350k cap split between 50 ish blokes. These amateur clubs probably get away with only paying a max of 22 blokes each week.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby carey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:42 am

Monday night should be fun.

4 SA Clubs done over the Cap!

2 from the SAAFL

Who's the Div 1 club with a current mass exodus?????? No idea who could someone lend me a HAND?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby jo172 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:06 am

carey wrote:Monday night should be fun.

2 from the SAAFL

Who's the Div 1 club with a current mass exodus?????? No idea who could someone lend me a HAND?

Not to point any fingers but if they've managed to finger anyone the penalties need to be severe. Only hope in hell of the system working
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Oval Ball » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:36 am

One club handed itself in so the penalties will be reduced.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:38 am

jo172 wrote:

2 from the SAAFL

Not to point any fingers but if they've managed to finger anyone the penalties need to be severe. Only hope in hell of the system working

Totally agree!
If this Salary Cap is going to work, there needs to be a NO TOLERANCE policy on any breach.
There should be NO COMPASSION for any clubs self confessing, if you're over the cap by as little as $100 one week, you're over the cap, its as simple as that.
Wouldn't see the AFL letting clubs off with a slap on the wrist!
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:45 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
jo172 wrote:

2 from the SAAFL

Totally agree!
If this Salary Cap is going to work, there needs to be a NO TOLERANCE policy on any breach.
There should be NO COMPASSION for any clubs self confessing, if you're over the cap by as little as $100 one week, you're over the cap, its as simple as that.
Wouldn't see the AFL letting clubs off with a slap on the wrist!

Particularly given at least ostensibly it seems difficult for the CFL to catch anyone. The only way to balance the apparent minimal risk of detection is to have incredibly harsh penalties.
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League