No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:57 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Zartan I reckon you missed a key out for Trinity. Cotter has followed his heart and relocated to Wollongong. Big loss on and off the field

I was trying to keep some cards/secrets up my sleeve mate! I heard it was Victoria he'd followed her to?

Nah can confirm its Wollongong. Hard man to replace, A grade VC and leading goal kicker, A grade cricket captain, all round off field maestro..

Huge loss - his accuracy has sunk Ingle Farm twice in close finishes.

Also heard of another big name out as well that hasn't appeared on the clearance list yet..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:39 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Zartan I reckon you missed a key out for Trinity. Cotter has followed his heart and relocated to Wollongong. Big loss on and off the field

And here I was doing the right thing and not mentioning it ;)

Definitely the Gong, Zartan. He's driving Uber while his lovely partner plays Ron Burgundy.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:31 am

Dogwatcher wrote:

Definitely the Gong, Zartan. He's driving Uber while his lovely partner plays Ron Burgundy.

I've also heard Spurr gone.. I was trying to keep those secrets to myself lol
The Bedge
Coach

Postby beef » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:09 am

Dont think the free playstation worked, still getting really low numbers at training i heard.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:23 am

Dogwatcher wrote:

Its on the clearances page now DW, so I think its safe to discuss..

Havent heard re Spurr, but that wouldn't surprise me if it came to fruition..

Beef, training numbers have been a long fought battle at TOS, and lets face it in todays world they aren't alone..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:27 am

human_torpedo wrote:Beef, training numbers have been a long fought battle at TOS, and lets face it in todays world they aren't alone..

Correct - not many clubs going around footy or cricket that haven't struggled for consistent numbers at training over the past couple years!

Out of curiosity, what do people consider "good numbers"? I've seen anywhere from 15 to 55 on the track on various nights.

Personally i think around the 30-40 mark is good, especially if it's top end players - easy to operate training drills etc and skill level usually pretty good.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:38 am

We would have at least 45 as a minimum at our home ground training's, that drops to about 18 once we go 5 minutes from our ground.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 am

Ingle Farm start with 60 blokes keen to train before you factor in criteria..

Drops by 10% if it's a Weekday
...........That Drops by 40% if it's over 25 degrees
....................That Drops by 30% if there is running involved
.............................That Drops by 15% if we leave the club
......................................That Drops by 35% if there is a cost involved.

Ingle Farm have 13 players keen to train.. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:49 am

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Beef, training numbers have been a long fought battle at TOS, and lets face it in todays world they aren't alone..

Correct - not many clubs going around footy or cricket that haven't struggled for consistent numbers at training over the past couple years!

Out of curiosity, what do people consider "good numbers"? I've seen anywhere from 15 to 55 on the track on various nights.

Personally i think around the 30-40 mark is good, especially if it's top end players - easy to operate training drills etc and skill level usually pretty good.

Well done on being honest lads. Everyone tries to hide it but in reality I think its fair to stay that on average training numbers have been on a decline for all clubs over the last few years.

Mixture of shifting priorities, changing work hours, changing home balance etc

We would probably average something like 25 I would say. Obviously we only have two teams and we have a smaller squad this year. I keep trying to convince the powers that be that you're only going to get 40% of your squad in Jan, maybe 50% in Feb, hopefully 60% in March and then into round 1 - 110% :lol:

So if you've got a squad of 50:

10 cricketers
5 dudes who work nights
5 injuries/sick
5 Dad's with family commitments

You've already lost half your squad legitimately and not accounting for the bullshit excuses.

It's the new normal, sooner we all get over it the better.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 am

Must also state that work and Business hours are 220% more likely to be significantly extended and involve serious overtime if its a scheduled training day. :lol:

Then there is the 25% die hard cricketers who can't train for footy because it's cricket season, and even though they don't train they need to have their mindset 110% cricket focused to produce the best 15-20 runs they can each weekend.

Finally there is the 30% of NBA stars who are either playing social netball/basketball on training nights, or needing to rest their bodies from games the night before, or preparing for a game the night after.

The end :D :D

*EDIT* - Note - it must be said my training attendance has been pathetic this season so far lol
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:57 am

morell wrote:Well done on being honest lads. Everyone tries to hide it but in reality I think its fair to stay that on average training numbers have been on a decline for all clubs over the last few years

I've always thought it's one of those "whose d**k is bigger" type arguments.. no one wants to look the smallest out of their peers, so everyone either hides or exaggerates their numbers to look impressive.

More numbers doesn't necessarily equate to greater standard of training.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 am

Totally agree with what you are saying about numbers and working back Tuesday and Thursday and no other night.

Its funny, as if we run dollar beers and a free BBQ we have to run shuttle buses from the gully pub as we dont have enough parking spots at the oval.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:22 am

Div 6 thread providing the facts & laughs as usual. Love it. :)
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:42 am

cracka wrote:Div 6 thread providing the facts

Wow, you're using that term pretty loosely :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby old farmer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Zartan wrote:Must also state that work and Business hours are 220% more likely to be significantly extended and involve serious overtime if its a scheduled training day. :lol:

Then there is the 25% die hard cricketers who can't train for footy because it's cricket season, and even though they don't train they need to have their mindset 110% cricket focused to produce the best 15-20 runs they can each weekend.

Finally there is the 30% of NBA stars who are either playing social netball/basketball on training nights, or needing to rest their bodies from games the night before, or preparing for a game the night after.

The end :D :D

*EDIT* - Note - it must be said my training attendance has been pathetic this season so far lol

What about the ones that have found new love over the summer and either can't seperate themselves from her yet, or are too scared to tell them they play football and may not be able to spend 6 hours of the week with them so they can hang out with their mates.
I tell ya, this generation have a lot to learn. Football clubs used to be the place to get out of the house, go and have a beer with ya mates and have a laugh. Football training was a minor interuption to this, and then you would roll in, just in time for work the next day.............Bloody soft, the lot of them. ;)
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:59 pm

old farmer wrote:What about the ones that have found new love over the summer and either can't seperate themselves from her yet, or are too scared to tell them they play football and may not be able to spend 6 hours of the week with them so they can hang out with their mates.

:lol: :lol: :supz:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:13 pm

morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Well done on being honest lads. Everyone tries to hide it but in reality I think its fair to stay that on average training numbers have been on a decline for all clubs over the last few years.

Mixture of shifting priorities, changing work hours, changing home balance etc

We would probably average something like 25 I would say. Obviously we only have two teams and we have a smaller squad this year. I keep trying to convince the powers that be that you're only going to get 40% of your squad in Jan, maybe 50% in Feb, hopefully 60% in March and then into round 1 - 110% :lol:

So if you've got a squad of 50:

10 cricketers
5 dudes who work nights
5 injuries/sick
5 Dad's with family commitments

You've already lost half your squad legitimately and not accounting for the bullshit excuses.

It's the new normal, sooner we all get over it the better.

Yet clubs are paying players more and more as each year goes on
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:15 pm

whufc wrote:
Yet clubs are paying players more and more as each year goes on

More $$$'s, not more players, the 25 that morrell gave legit's for are more than likely in the group that don't get coin.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Any news on tonight's Ingle Farm trial v Gepps X?

Even more importantly the most eagerly anticipated div 6 debut in the history of the league. Grae Grant :heart: :heart: :prayer:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby oldman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Any truth to the rumor that sailsbury north are pulling the pin this year? If so who goes up from each grade?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League