League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby finn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:08 am

Zartan wrote:Trinity OS Adelaide University Macphail, Innes Pending 2017-06-15

That hurts.

It would hurt more if he'd played more than 1 game this year. Believe decision is about playing with his mates and the relatively recent arrival of twins. Looks like he's quite handy.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:31 am

finn wrote:

That hurts.

It would hurt more if he'd played more than 1 game this year. Believe decision is about playing with his mates and the relatively recent arrival of twins. Looks like he's quite handy.

Did hear he had twins which was why he didn't start the season, and the travel a factor? Very handy player was easily TOS most potent midfielder last season.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby finn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Zartan wrote:
finn wrote:

That hurts.

Did hear he had twins which was why he didn't start the season, and the travel a factor? Very handy player was easily TOS most potent midfielder last season.

One of his best mates (wade hall) joined earlier this year; both are mates with two guys who joined last year. Certainly travel is easier for him and the side he's in (c1) has a veritable crèche of youngsters.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Zartan wrote:
oldman wrote:Ingle Farm and Fitzroy are definitely building they are major threats in the back end of the season. Both have some seriously good footballers and are going to give Pulteney some headaches.

What's going on at Elizabeth 4 losses in a row they have fallen off the wagon.

For once I agree with your down play. I think Roy's have all the tools, and Ingle Farm are finally beginning to get a full compliment of players available.

Major threats - maybe.. Major favourite - still Pulteney

Still one position in the As back lines that the plug needs to be pulled on given the opportunity.
Whack goes the Sniper.
Catch ya later.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:02 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Looking forward to a write up from the BL v Ingle Farm game today Zartan

Might write something more in-depth tomorrow, but just briefly on the game..
Clearly DJ's body hates him right now, the hammy giving way. Questions will be asked if he was truly ready to return or not. Not only that but his body language when he was on the ground I found interesting.. if i was a betting man, i'd say he'll be back at Westies next season.

Brahma have the firepower in their side, but drop away far too frequently and their under sized backline got exposed badly. Thought their midfield were really lazy in patches as well and Farmers went bang, piling on the goals. Brahma fought back during the second to close the gap to a couple of points and then fell away again in the 3rd.

Early in the last thought Brahma were really mounting a challenge again, got within 4 goals but again dropped away.

Now i'll be harsh haha..

I don't think Joss can be a player coach. Don't think it's beneficial to the side, despite him being a talented footballer, the way he goes about it on field, and the feedback of the messages passed onto his players during the game indicates he loses focus as a "coach" and his white line fever takes over and he becomes more of a competitive player than a leader.

His early shut down roles were interesting too - should've backed his ball winners in to win the ball and kick a winning score - sacrificing Wright to try and shut down Spence is just plain stupid, and was never going to work - and he was exposed badly as Spence did as he pleased. Also find it interesting Joss decides to head forward in the last quarter - always seen him play well at the other end of the ground, and they could've used his experience and direction down there.

Could've done worse than play Kaine Arbon or Steve Craven in the 1s up forward - Arbon would've forced closer attention from the Farmers backline given his speed off the mark and strength overhead, and Craven would've been a very difficult player to match up in the goal square - even if he didn't kick a bag he would've caused headaches.

Dan Steele cant kick, but his work rate in the B grade was outstanding, he should be considered again, and I thought Josh Corbett was brilliant yesterday as well - it's easily the best game i've seen him play against us, and if he can take that sort of form up, he'd be ok in the 1s.

Farmers are improving - having some consistency with players is helping - but still seem to have small lapses at times, which as seen yesterday allow sides to kick goals in a hurry. I have plenty of areas of concern still about us if we are going to be a genuine finals side this year.. but you can work out what they might be :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby hfoxe16 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Zartan wrote:
oldman wrote:Ingle Farm and Fitzroy are definitely building they are major threats in the back end of the season. Both have some seriously good footballers and are going to give Pulteney some headaches.

What's going on at Elizabeth 4 losses in a row they have fallen off the wagon.

For once I agree with your down play. I think Roy's have all the tools, and Ingle Farm are finally beginning to get a full compliment of players available.

Major threats - maybe.. Major favourite - still Pulteney

Still one position in the As back lines that the plug needs to be pulled on given the opportunity.
Whack goes the Sniper.
Catch ya later.

What u on about or smoking?
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 am

hfoxe16 wrote:What u on about or smoking?

He's saying there is a player in the Ingle Farm back 6 who has been given ample opportunity to cement a spot in the 1s not just this year but over the past few, and just can't make the transition work on a regular basis, and should give up on him, ship him back to B grade.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 am

Zartan wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:What u on about or smoking?

He's saying there is a player in the Ingle Farm back 6 who has been given ample opportunity to cement a spot in the 1s not just this year but over the past few, and just can't make the transition work on a regular basis, and should give up on him, ship him back to B grade.

Bit harsh given the back 6 combined to only concede 11 majors on Saturday and his direct opponent didn't kick any :roll:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 am

Zartan wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:Having a discussion with one of the Elizabeth committee I jokingly said if they lost to TOS and Ingle Farm beat BL they could drop out of the five.
They won't of course as their percentage will keep them in but the competition is certainly starting to tighten up for finals spots.

Suddenly 6 teams from 2nd to 6th on 12 points, and likely West Croydon on 10 points.. tight indeed! :shock:

How uncanny was my quote after the results this weekend.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:17 am

Went and watched Trinity v Elizabeth on Saturday and was disappointed to see the Eagles lose.
A 1.8 first quarter set the tone for Elizabeth, as they were never quite able to take full control of the game - bad kicking, bad football.
But, the Eagles' wayward kicking can be significantly attributed to the pressure on the man applied by the Lions on their narrow oval.
Like bees buzzing around a hive, the swarming TOSers were particularly effective in their defensive half. They had multiple players at the contest and their spread from defence tore the cumbersome Eagles' forward line apart.
Elizabeth just did not get to the feet of their forwards and paid the price, while chaotic I-50 delivery did not make it easy for the big fellas to take contested marks.
Without access to the stats, it appeared as if Elizabeth should have won the game. It felt like the Eagles won every department , except free kicks and the all important scoreboard.
In terms of the umpiring, I thought it was reasonably even-handed (at times bewildering for both sides) but there was definitely a difference in the way that the non-game play activities were dealt with. The umpires were quick to penalise Elizabeth for its non-game indiscretions, when at times Trinity were up to their eyeballs in it. This makes it even more frustrating that Eagles players allowed their discipline to waiver in this way - they have to be better than this.
Both benches were obliterated by the end of the game, with Elizabeth having no subs for the last quarter. Trinity lost its skipper during the last, while another player was also sidelined, so it was all-hands-on-deck for both sides.
The Eagles dominated the final quarter and surged to within two points. They will rue a missed set shot late in the term, along with all of the errant shots before it.
Steve Couzner has Trinity playing very well with what he has and, knowing a large number of the blokes playing for them, there is a lot of heart and love for the guernsey out there.
For Dave Rogers, he's gotta get these boys back playing confident, hard-running footy or this once-promising season may be heading south. The talent is there and he has the respect of his players, they've just got to make it happen.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am

Wazz17 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:Having a discussion with one of the Elizabeth committee I jokingly said if they lost to TOS and Ingle Farm beat BL they could drop out of the five.
They won't of course as their percentage will keep them in but the competition is certainly starting to tighten up for finals spots.

Suddenly 6 teams from 2nd to 6th on 12 points, and likely West Croydon on 10 points.. tight indeed! :shock:

How uncanny was my quote after the results this weekend.

Wazz-tradamus!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:22 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Both benches were obliterated by the end of the game, with Elizabeth having no subs for the last quarter. Trinity lost its skipper during the last, while another player was also sidelined, so it was all-hands-on-deck for both sides.

Could test the TOSSERS in the coming month as we approach the infamous "European Season".. injuries and holidays!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 am

I know of one important player going OS soon.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby morell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 am

Zartan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Both benches were obliterated by the end of the game, with Elizabeth having no subs for the last quarter. Trinity lost its skipper during the last, while another player was also sidelined, so it was all-hands-on-deck for both sides.

Could test the TOSSERS in the coming month as we approach the infamous "European Season".. injuries and holidays!
We're losing a couple.

Quite remarkable how times have changed.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 am

morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:

We're losing a couple.

Quite remarkable how times have changed.

Currently have three blokes overseas, three more leaving in July :roll:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:42 am

D6 Ladder after Rd 10
20 - Pulteney
12 - Ingle Farm
12 - Elizabeth
12 - Brahma Lodge
12 - Fitzroy
----------------------------------
12 - Trinity OS
08 - West Croydon
08 - Salisbury West
04 - Mawson Lakes
00 - Houghton

Interesting results from Round 10 - Mawson Lakes beating Houghton again, Fitzroy doing what no one else has been able and getting within a few kicks of Pulteney, Ingle Farm big winners over Brahma, Westies knocking off West Croydon - after trailing significantly at 1/2 time.. and Trinity OS inflicting more pain on the Eagles!

Mawson Lakes win resigns Houghton to the wooden spoon for 2017. There just will be no coming back from the 2x game deficit.

Fitzroy's loss is a good one in some regards - whilst they didn't get the points, they were able to minimise damage, which meant their percentage wasn't impacted badly like other sides.

Ingle Farm's win helps keep a healthy percentage, and with it 10% better than 6th placed TOS it holds them in good stead should it come down to percentage between sides end of minor round. While Brahma will need to find some answers before this Saturday, or risk dropping out the 5!

Salisbury West have almost ended West Croydon's finals hopes, with the Hawks two wins outside the 5 with 8x games remaining.

Trinity OS always play their ground better, Elizabeth possibly/probably should've won and will rue missed chances, but is what it is, the Lions are right back in the mix, and a look over their side they still have players missing - Ah Matt, Hooker, Peters just at a quick glance. If they can get them for this week, on a small ground at Brahma they'll start favorites.. they need the wins before Europe season!

Round 11
Elizabeth v Fitzroy
Brahma Lodge v Trinity OS
West Croydon v Houghton
Mawson Lakes v Ingle Farm
Pulteney v Salisbury West
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:56 am

How did everyone find the umpiring in the reserves game with the league appointed umps? I must say the two we had were excellent, communicated really well with the players and had great control of the game. Hats off to you both.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am

D6R Ladder after Round 10
20 - Elizabeth
18 - Pulteney
16 - Ingle Farm
12 - Brahma Lodge
10 - Trinity OS
-------------------------------------------
10 - Houghton
06 - Salisbury West
06 - Fitzroy
02 - West Croydon
00 - Mawson Lakes

Elizabeth 11 goal winners over Trinity OS came as a bit of a surprise, the Eagles remain undefeated and with 8x games remaining a Top 3 finish is guaranteed, while a Top 2 finish looks almost a certainty.

Pulteney beating Fitzroy came as no surprise, but the Blues will be happy with the percentage boost - could come down to a couple goals for top spot when they face Elizabeth later in the season.

Ingle Farm game of two halves. Probably should've been over at 1/4 time, Farmers had 17x I50's and kicked 3.6 plus 3x out on the full, kept Brahma in the contest. After half time the Tigers lifted and showed they're a good side but damage had been done. Add Hickey into that lineup and it looks quite potent - they'll do damage end of season if they can get to full strength.

Westies big winners over the Hawks, bit of a confidence boost for them.

Houghton huge win over Lakes, makes the 5 interesting with TOS losing significantly.. door is ajar for the Raiders to slip into the 5 by seasons end if they're good enough!

Round 11
Elizabeth v Fitzroy
Brahma Lodge v Trinity OS
West Croydon v Houghton
Mawson Lakes v Ingle Farm
Pulteney v Salisbury West
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 am

The_Informer wrote:How did everyone find the umpiring in the reserves game with the league appointed umps? I must say the two we had were excellent, communicated really well with the players and had great control of the game. Hats off to you both.

Best. Thing. EVER!

Really enjoyed the umpires, it's such a welcomed change from the usual club umpires, many who are either old or unfit - or both. Umpires communicated well, were in good positions most the times and rewarded the player first to the ball.

Very happy to have official umpires. If we are going to pay the money we do, i'd rather a neutral party who knows the rules.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League