Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 am

Looks like they are back in, from their Facebook page:

"
There will be a compulsory meeting at 6:30pm sharp, Tuesday night - for both men and women teams players, officials and committee members - to discuss what's at stake for your Club should the playing group and or some spectators do not adhere to the conditions which will be imposed in our affiliation agreement by the Adelaide Football League and which is also required, in any event under our own Clubs rules and Constitution.

After a long meeting with the Adelaide Football League about the Club remaining in the competition, we can advise, that by a slim margin, the League has decided to allow the Club to remain in the competition.

The Club Executive proposed a number of conditions to be considered by the Leagues Executive to be applied to the Club for the duration of the 2017 season.

The League Executive is still determining the conditions which will be included in the Club's affiliation agreement.

The Club Executive asks that all players, members and officials respect the Leagues decision and adhere to the conditions imposed in our affiliation agreement.

The Club Executive, which was elected less than 12 months ago, makes no apologies that it will continue with the banning of members, officials, supporters, sporting programs or teams, who do not wish to comply with community standards of behaviour and affiliation requirements as determined and set out in the Adelaide Football Leagues, SANFL, PDCA's respective affiliation agreements; Code of Conduct and our own Club Rules & Constitution.

Any questions relating to this are to be directed to either Chad or Basil.

Chad Buchanan
On behalf of
Executive of NPSSC
"
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 30, 2017 8:00 am

carey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The_Informer wrote:He only gets away with it at his misses is from Peake and her family are still up there!

Surley no one lives there? I went through Peake about 4 weeks ago and thought only 5 people lived there. :lol:

A pub, a phone box, a post office and a silo yet fill 5 footy teams and 6 netball teams every week.

Have they ever played games at Geranium? Looks like they could do a bit with that oval.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby jo172 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 am

One would hope any conditions of an amended affiliation agreement stretch into 2018 at least if not 2019 and 2020
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby The Ash Man » Tue May 30, 2017 12:25 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
carey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The_Informer wrote:He only gets away with it at his misses is from Peake and her family are still up there!

Surley no one lives there? I went through Peake about 4 weeks ago and thought only 5 people lived there. :lol:

A pub, a phone box, a post office and a silo yet fill 5 footy teams and 6 netball teams every week.

Have they ever played games at Geranium? Looks like they could do a bit with that oval.

My family is from Geranium, they played there til '91 and then amalgamated with Parilla, that lasted about 5 years and then they folded
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Trader » Tue May 30, 2017 4:16 pm

jo172 wrote:One would hope any conditions of an amended affiliation agreement stretch into 2018 at least if not 2019 and 2020

Yeah it's quite surprising they've got back in so easily, especially when you consider the previous issues they had (uni final, etc) weren't that long ago.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Milly » Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Is it really a surprise they are still in?
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby carey » Tue May 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Milly wrote:Is it really a surprise they are still in?

No, Not at all.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby morell » Tue May 30, 2017 9:29 pm

carey what's this baloney about Knowlsey giving us a spray after the game? If anything​ if was more of a cuddle and keep your chin up type sitch.

The big fella did amazingly well to keep his composure considering what the utter muppets on the sidelines were dishing up. I was secretly hoping he was going to send us over there bahaha
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby carey » Tue May 30, 2017 9:37 pm

morell wrote:carey what's this baloney about Knowlsey giving us a spray after the game? If anything​ if was more of a cuddle and keep your chin up type sitch.

The big fella did amazingly well to keep his composure considering what the utter muppets on the sidelines were dishing up. I was secretly hoping he was going to send us over there bahaha

100% didn't come from me mate I had no idea what was going on after the game I have to Ice everything, especially the red cans. ;)

I did hear he wasn't happy and gave the group a talking to, that's about all I know.
carey
Coach

Postby morell » Tue May 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Nah it was 100% positive. As he has been all year.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Tue May 30, 2017 10:23 pm

morell wrote:Nah it was 100% positive. As he has been all year.

I'm also hearing you've had Mitchell Parks HR department conduct some media training on yourself???? ;)

Word on the street was a total media ban but it was revoked on the proviso media training be undertaken.

Care to confirm or deny? :lol:
carey
Coach

Postby morell » Tue May 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Deny. Many have tried and many have failed and many more will try and fail to censor this black duck hahaha. To what end I do not know, I post nothing but the gospel truth backed by facts and evidence 8)

Funny thing it's always new people to the club that have an idea of what I'm posting and why. When they then actually get their teeth into the place I've lost count how many wry grins I get from people that then "get it".

Believe it or not I do put a modicum of thought into what I'm saying. When I err I quickly get corrected by the powers that be. Mostly by Davo. The ****.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Wed May 31, 2017 3:16 pm

I'm hearing there is article about Nth Pines hiring security at all game at Andrew smith drive from now on but it's an Adelaide now but it's a members article and I can't view it. Anyone an Adelaide now member or subscriber??
carey
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:27 pm

carey wrote:I'm hearing there is article about Nth Pines hiring security at all game at Andrew smith drive from now on but it's an Adelaide now but it's a members article and I can't view it. Anyone an Adelaide now member or subscriber??

I read it and now cant find it. Think i saw it on the messenger north page...
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby CCC Romans » Wed May 31, 2017 3:28 pm

There you go cobba.

North Pines avoids expulsion from Adelaide Football League, but hires security to keep players safe

A NORTHERN suburbs football club will employ a security guard at all homes games after one of its volunteers ran on the field and punched an opposition player in the face.

The Adelaide Football League had considered banning North Pines Football Club for the rest of the season but decided to give it one more chance, following a meeting with club officials on Monday.

North Pines will have to pay a $2500 fine before it can return to action.

The league has also vowed to banish the club for the remainder of the 2017 season if the tribunal finds a North Pines player or official guilty of any further offence this year.

In a self-imposed penalty, the club will have a security guard at all home games between 2pm and 5pm until at least the end of 2019.

The sanctions follow a North Pines matchday official being suspended on Thursday night for two counts of striking a St Paul’s Old Scholars footballer during a division seven match at Andrew Smith Reserve last month, and bans to two North Pines players from the same game.

League chief executive John Kernahan said the governing body supported North Pines staying in the competition but the club was on notice.

Other conditions imposed include the right for the league to move any of the club’s home games to either Thebarton Oval or an opponent’s ground, and suspending a further $2500 fine until the end of the 2019 season.

North Pines was also in hot water with the league in 2014 after a series of suspensions, including:

■ Former South Adelaide player Damian Rigney being suspended for 32 games — leading to a life ban — for racial vilification, umpire abuse and attempting to headbutt an umpire;

■ Coach Farin Wanganeen receiving a 12-month ban for umpire abuse and intimidation;

■ Player Kristian Newchurch for four games for umpire abuse, and;

■ Teammate Brenton Reid for three games for striking and abusive language to an umpire.

North Pines president Chad Buchanan said the club was under no illusions it was on its final chance.

“We take a zero-tolerance stance to core behaviour and the club makes no apologies for banning and suspending players and some spectators previously,” Buchanan said.

“We will continue to do that in partnership with the league to ensure we have a safe environment for all spectators, officials and players to enjoy.

“It’s important that we address any perception regarding people’s safety.”

The league forced North Pines to forfeit its clash with Flinders University on Saturday (May 27)

If it pays its fine, North Pines will resume against Para Hills at Andrew Smith Reserve this Saturday.

Kernahan urged North Pines members to become volunteers at the club to help it remain viable.

“Like many of our clubs, it has become very apparent they are managed by too few and when that happens, history tells us the stress levels on their structure starts to break down,” he said.
Last edited by CCC Romans on Wed May 31, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCC Romans
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby carey » Wed May 31, 2017 3:51 pm

Cheers
carey
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 31, 2017 3:58 pm

carey wrote:I'm hearing there is article about Nth Pines hiring security at all game at Andrew smith drive from now on but it's an Adelaide now but it's a members article and I can't view it. Anyone an Adelaide now member or subscriber??

Links at the top of the article regurgitating again

•Seven-year ban for North Pines official after hitting opposition player
•Rosewater cut from league over violence, skipper banned for 20 years
•Trouble Rosewater faces challenge to change club culture
•Junior grand final called off after player kicked in the head

:roll:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Make Hackham look like angels yet wouldn't let them in!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby morell » Wed May 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Links at the top of the article regurgitating again

•Seven-year ban for North Pines official after hitting opposition player
•Rosewater cut from league over violence, skipper banned for 20 years
•Trouble Rosewater faces challenge to change club culture
•Junior grand final called off after player kicked in the head

:roll:
Its just a "related articles" search.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Wed May 31, 2017 4:30 pm

Dutchy wrote:Make Hackham look like angels yet wouldn't let them in!

Would hope the AdFL treated a current and (reasonably) long term affiliate a bit different to someone coming late to the party yeah?
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League