Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Postby carey » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:52 pm

morell wrote:Adelaide Uni vs PAOC shit fights.

Vicious.

Lol Gold.

Morell =D> =D>
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Yank Man » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Vicious.

I just think it's wrong morell my friend. It's not the leagues problem a club decides to play its C's in C1 and not Div 7. Was ok last year when they were up there. Nothing against PAOC but Uni play their best teams where they are allocated, regardless of result. I get the TTG thing a few years ago but they were getting smashed by 40 plus goals. PAOC's Div 7 reserves are a game out the 5. That team would pump our D4 team.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:24 pm

There are a lot of blokes out there, from all walks of life, who only show up when things are easy.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Vicious.

I just think it's wrong morell my friend. It's not the leagues problem a club decides to play its C's in C1 and not Div 7. Was ok last year when they were up there. Nothing against PAOC but Uni play their best teams where they are allocated, regardless of result. I get the TTG thing a few years ago but they were getting smashed by 40 plus goals. PAOC's Div 7 reserves are a game out the 5. That team would pump our D4 team.

The Cs played D7, Ds: C1, Es:D7R
The teams in our website this structure: http://paocfc.com.au
Es pump Edwardstown A Grade :shock:
Our Bs would struggle against you at the moment
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Can't believe this all happened before you had a chance to pull on the boots Jimmy!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Vicious.

Misprint Jimmy, meant our C4 team lol. All sorted, old red has grilled me. Learnt heaps more than I knew. :D

So if that structure remains in place your C's will play C1 and the D's will play C4 yeah?
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby finn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Old Red wrote:
finn wrote:I hope that princes have pushed hard internally and through their alumni to try to fill their nominated teams.
Nah, weve enjoyed drawing attention to ourselves and disrupting the league you condescending twat. Read the email sent out explaining why. I might add when we first advised the league the immediate reaction was to drop the C1 team but then youd whinge youd be playing in a 7 team competition.

Good work on jumping straight to personal abuse.
At no stage did I slag off Princes for their decision or question the integrity of PAOC officials, I just questioned whether the League's plan was right with the underlying question being that this is happening way too frequently eg TTG several years ago, Salisbury West, Para Hills etc. I'd enjoy nothing more than these discussions not happening and grades not getting reshuffled.
I think you'll find that I rarely whinge in this forum and debate theoretical and practical issues ; the parameters of which should rarely include your term "condescending twat".
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby finn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Vicious.

Laughed at this a lot. Thumbs up.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Old Red » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:53 pm

finn wrote:
Old Red wrote:
finn wrote:I hope that princes have pushed hard internally and through their alumni to try to fill their nominated teams.
Nah, weve enjoyed drawing attention to ourselves and disrupting the league you condescending twat. Read the email sent out explaining why. I might add when we first advised the league the immediate reaction was to drop the C1 team but then youd whinge youd be playing in a 7 team competition.

Good work on jumping straight to personal abuse.
At no stage did I slag off Princes for their decision or question the integrity of PAOC officials, I just questioned whether the League's plan was right with the underlying question being that this is happening way too frequently eg TTG several years ago, Salisbury West, Para Hills etc. I'd enjoy nothing more than these discussions not happening and grades not getting reshuffled.
I think you'll find that I rarely whinge in this forum and debate theoretical and practical issues ; the parameters of which should rarely include your term "condescending twat".
Personal abuse ? you've got it wrong. It was meant a term of endearment.
Old Red
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Vicious.

Misprint Jimmy, meant our C4 team lol. All sorted, old red has grilled me. Learnt heaps more than I knew. :D

So if that structure remains in place your C's will play C1 and the D's will play C4 yeah?

Yes.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby morell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:35 am

Q. wrote:There are a lot of blokes out there, from all walks of life, who only show up when things are easy.
This is it.

There is perhaps a modicum of truth in the notion that C Grades drop away quicker than As when things aren't going well - it makes sense that the A Grade of a club would have a few more dyed in the wool types that would stick fat. But this concept of "win lots or not playing" is a problem throughout the grades and in all divisions. Sure, there have always been those that come out of the woodwork when a few wins are on the board, but we're now seeing this with rafts of players and entire teams.

Will require some clever thought from the boffins at HQ to mitigate.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Wazz17 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am

morell wrote:Multiple reports that North Pines and St Pauls was a bit of a blood bath.

I am led to believe that St Paul's have made a formal complaint and asked for an investigation.

Speaking with one of the St Paul's players who is also on their committee there was definitely more than one very spiteful incident and is being investigated by the league. More to come on this no doubt!
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Old Red wrote:

Doesn't like drawing attention....carries on like a twat to draw further attention.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 am

Fair few Div 5 stars coming out of the woodwork for Para Hills through their ressies.

Add T.Chenoweth, D.Prior and T.Sleep from their D5 Grand Final winning side into an already undefeated D7 side.

#morellWasRight
#ListenToMeFFS
#Div5SidePlayingD7
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:37 pm

morell wrote:Fair few Div 5 stars coming out of the woodwork for Para Hills through their ressies.

Add T.Chenoweth, D.Prior and T.Sleep from their D5 Grand Final winning side into an already undefeated D7 side.

#morellWasRight
#ListenToMeFFS
#Div5SidePlayingD7

Apart from their D5 players returning, must say looking at their B grade team there isn't much depth - a lot of C grade players.

Could be interesting mid year when injuries hit.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:01 pm

They're not alone there.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:10 pm

He's bloody everywhere!
walczak.JPG
walczak.JPG (59.25 KiB) Viewed 753 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:48 pm

What a mane.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Old Red wrote:
Nah, weve enjoyed drawing attention to ourselves and disrupting the league you condescending twat.

I note PAOC have named a full 25 in C grade, and a full 25 in D grade, and a further 9 emergencies!

Had they dropped back to a simple 21 in each, together with the 9 emergencies, they are already at 17.
I wonder how hard it would have been to get those last 4, or even get a couple of players to double up.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Sass! » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Trader wrote:
Old Red wrote:
Nah, weve enjoyed drawing attention to ourselves and disrupting the league you condescending twat.

I note PAOC have named a full 25 in C grade, and a full 25 in D grade, and a further 9 emergencies!

Had they dropped back to a simple 21 in each, together with the 9 emergencies, they are already at 17.
I wonder how hard it would have been to get those last 4, or even get a couple of players to double up.

Coming from a club that fields 5 sides, having to scratch up an extra 4 players may not seem like much, but its the ongoing requirement to do this weekly and when injuries/holidays hit, you are trying to find 15 blokes to fill the sides just so you dont forfeit (which people are already getting frustrated with)

not to mention the impact it has on training numbers, when you have the bare minimum amount of players to fill your bottom side, blokes quickly learn that they dont need to train to play. I think PAOC made the right call at a time when it would cause too much impact to the Divisions.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League