Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm

PNU D grade - C6 team play at 4.15 on Saturday after the A grade trial.

Could we see the first ever crowd of 1,000 people to a D grade game :shock: :shock:

Should be a great day for some very average football ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby finn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:27 pm

S Demon wrote:
retiredhack wrote:Any early thoughts on standout teams in each divisions?

C1 - Fixture not up so not sure who's in it
C2 - Unley / Henley / Athelstone
C3 - Flinders Park / Plympton / SMOSH
C4 - Modbury / Pulteney / North Haven
C5 - CBCOC / Fitzroy / Lockleys
C6 - Old Igs / Payneham / Modbury

I'm expecting c1 top 5 to be rocs, goodwood, princes, modbury and Uni.
Old Ignatians will be handy in c2.
Flinders Park to do well in c3.
I believe Uni to be favourites in c 5 due to the drop from c3 to c5 and the fact they've picked up some quality.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 pm

finn wrote:
S Demon wrote:

I believe Uni to be favourites in c 5 due to the drop from c3 to c5 and the fact they've picked up some quality.

didn't Old Iggies get moved up to C1 when SN dropped out?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Masha » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Yes and not sure what game Zartan watched Pooraka ran the ball well i thought

More a reflection on how lazy and unfit Brahma were.

Pooraka had a couple of handy players - bloke off half back was lethal by foot, and yes i'll give credit, you got a fair bit of it - almost got as many kicks as you got burnt lol.

Hey ease up...nah fair cop. We will just be lucky to field a side this year for the C grade. A bunch of guys just wanting a kick. Hoping Ingle Farm go easy on us in Rd 1.

From what I saw, if Brahma were average, doesnt bode too well for Pooraka in their comp because they certainly werent much better lol.

The bloke off half back was a b grader, so the coach told me. To go with their other best 1-2 players.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:07 pm

Lol sorry Masha haha, you had some handy sorts though - Chris Ryan was good, handy for you if he plays C grade this year, your full forward (23) who swapped in the ruck looked a handful and the starting ruck was good.

The other two who stood out I think was Hem-Mendes and the African lad - both played B/A last year so figured they wouldn't be in your side all season.

Pooraka weren't as good as Robb makes them sound - take a couple out and you prob beat them.

Should be a good game Saturday - Farmers won't be much better lol
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Masha » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Zartan wrote:Lol sorry Masha haha, you had some handy sorts though - Chris Ryan was good, handy for you if he plays C grade this year, your full forward (23) who swapped in the ruck looked a handful and the starting ruck was good.

The other two who stood out I think was Hem-Mendes and the African lad - both played B/A last year so figured they wouldn't be in your side all season.

Pooraka weren't as good as Robb makes them sound - take a couple out and you prob beat them.

All good mate, to be honest the only ones of the team we would lose would be Hem and Mendes, and Chris Ryan. The rest is likely to stay, but we were probably missing 6-8 of our more accomplished c graders (if there is ever such a thing haha).

Looking forward to IF this week, we have a good bunch of guys with no expectations who just want to play footy. I think we are atleast going in the right direction there, whether we get the results is another story.

For what it is worth, pretty hard to tell this early who will be competitive but clubs with bulk sides tend to fare a little better imo, especially come mid year with injuries etc.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Postby Feenix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
finn wrote:
S Demon wrote:

didn't Old Iggies get moved up to C1 when SN dropped out?

No it looks like C1 only has 8 teams and C2 10
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Masha » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Zartan wrote:Lol sorry Masha haha, you had some handy sorts though - Chris Ryan was good, handy for you if he plays C grade this year, your full forward (23) who swapped in the ruck looked a handful and the starting ruck was good.

Just found out that we have a Div 1 umpire as our umpire for the weekend. This should be interesting. No home ground advantage for us haha..
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wazz17 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:51 am

You may already know but Eastern Park FC have officially withdrawn their C Grade side.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Masha » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Wazz17 wrote:You may already know but Eastern Park FC have officially withdrawn their C Grade side.

Wazz, is this due to numbers? Might seem obvious but thought EPFC have always had good numbers. Other issues going on?
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wazz17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 am

Masha wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:You may already know but Eastern Park FC have officially withdrawn their C Grade side.

Wazz, is this due to numbers? Might seem obvious but thought EPFC have always had good numbers. Other issues going on?

Hi Masha, numbers were an issue but one major problem was due to sanctions from the league where we have to play our first 4 home games at Thebarton with the c grade programmed to play all games at 10.15am.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby S Demon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:15 pm

wristwatcher wrote:PNU D grade - C6 team play at 4.15 on Saturday after the A grade trial.

Could we see the first ever crowd of 1,000 people to a D grade game :shock: :shock:

Almost, only about 940 short
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:25 pm

S Demon wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:PNU D grade - C6 team play at 4.15 on Saturday after the A grade trial.

A lot of people in cars and in the club rooms. I think you will find we were only about 875 short or maybe 855 if you count Modbury :oops:

Crowd for the A grade trial was also incredibly small. Bring on the real stuff for all divisions.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:27 pm

C6 looks a good sort...

PNU have assembled their band of out of date footballers who can still kick a ball
Adel Uni look a likely sort - but may be tested when work commitments take priority..
Old iggies will be tough to beat and keep sides honest
Brahma bound to benefit from heavy recruitment and point restriction above, they'll be tough to beat.
Elizabeth - saw them first hand last year and liked what i saw.. they've recruited well and should be good, will know more after Rd 2
Ingle Farm - huge improver on last season, give an honest effort but not world beater, still behind the pack.
Adel Luth despite filling points in A grade and filtering down, expect they'll be similar to ingle farm.. holidays hurt..
Modbury are rubbish
Trinity will struggle
Glenunga are spuds
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:36 pm

Zartan wrote:C6 looks a good sort...

PNU have assembled their band of out of date footballers who can still kick a ball
Adel Uni look a likely sort - but may be tested when work commitments take priority..
Old iggies will be tough to beat and keep sides honest
Brahma bound to benefit from heavy recruitment and point restriction above, they'll be tough to beat.
Elizabeth - saw them first hand last year and liked what i saw.. they've recruited well and should be good, will know more after Rd 2
Ingle Farm - huge improver on last season, give an honest effort but not world beater, still behind the pack.
Adel Luth despite filling points in A grade and filtering down, expect they'll be similar to ingle farm.. holidays hurt..
Modbury are rubbish
Trinity will struggle
Glenunga are spuds

Have to feel for Elizabeth's C grade. First trial v Hope Valley, HV pull the pin. 2nd trial v Rosewater, RW pull the pin. Rd 1 v Trinity, TOS forfeit. Poor buggas just want a game. They've got modbury this week who fronted up with 19 v Payneham with a few blokes doubling up and finished the game with only 17. Could it be 4 weeks in a row with no game for the Eags...?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 pm

S Demon wrote:Have to feel for Elizabeth's C grade. First trial v Hope Valley, HV pull the pin. 2nd trial v Rosewater, RW pull the pin. Rd 1 v Trinity, TOS forfeit. Poor buggas just want a game. They've got modbury this week who fronted up with 19 v Payneham with a few blokes doubling up and finished the game with only 17. Could it be 4 weeks in a row with no game for the Eags...?

Not ideal lead up to 2017! Can only hope they're underdone when they play us lol.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:33 am

wristwatcher wrote:
S Demon wrote:

A lot of people in cars and in the club rooms. I think you will find we were only about 875 short or maybe 855 if you count Modbury :oops:

Crowd for the A grade trial was also incredibly small. Bring on the real stuff for all divisions.

I was there with Mrs Jo172
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:20 am

He held the opposition scoreless yet still got dragged twice

His one touch was at 100% efficiency. Had to feel for the ears of his opponent :D
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:24 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
S Demon wrote:

I was there with Mrs Jo172

And both of you contributed about as much to the match as i did
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:29 am

I think the decision for Modbury to have an E grade was somewhat ambitious after that result.. wasnt aware that we only had 19 blokes, concerning considering our C grade didnt have a game so there would have been more fringe players to pick from for the first round.. Wondering if Payneham had the luxury of picking some fringe C graders in their D's? this could of distorted the score line somewhat.. no issue with doing that by the way, just wondering if that led to the result.

Either way, our club is in a difficult (although healthy) situation where we have too many blokes for 4 sides but just shy of enough for 5 sides.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League