Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:50 pm

So we all applaud the league for zero tolerance with poor on-field behaviour from players and poor off-field behaviour from officials and spectators, yet the conduct of club umpires who are representing your club and the league seems to get the blind eye treatment. Lets forget about poor umpiring displays because they may just be an ordinary umpire but surely questions need to be asked about the blatant disregard of the important role of lodging 3-2-1 after each game. Even if they get the 3-2-1 horribly wrong, it is a judgement call just like giving a free kick, but going into a game with a clear pre-conceived plan to award votes to certain individuals is inexcuseable.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Old Red » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Down the Hill wrote:So we all applaud the league for zero tolerance with poor on-field behaviour from players and poor off-field behaviour from officials and spectators, yet the conduct of club umpires who are representing your club and the league seems to get the blind eye treatment. Lets forget about poor umpiring displays because they may just be an ordinary umpire but surely questions need to be asked about the blatant disregard of the important role of lodging 3-2-1 after each game. Even if they get the 3-2-1 horribly wrong, it is a judgement call just like giving a free kick, but going into a game with a clear pre-conceived plan to award votes to certain individuals is inexcuseable.
what blind eye treatment ? i have a habit of finding fault with the league but what the hell do you expect them to do about it ? Maybe the president of modbury should show some balls and hand it back in.
Old Red
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:45 pm

jo172 wrote:Sadly this may kill off the Wes LeGrand jokes. At least when Wed was winning them his team was coming top

Wes did have one other saving grace
He could actually play a bit
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Old Red wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:So we all applaud the league for zero tolerance with poor on-field behaviour from players and poor off-field behaviour from officials and spectators, yet the conduct of club umpires who are representing your club and the league seems to get the blind eye treatment. Lets forget about poor umpiring displays because they may just be an ordinary umpire but surely questions need to be asked about the blatant disregard of the important role of lodging 3-2-1 after each game. Even if they get the 3-2-1 horribly wrong, it is a judgement call just like giving a free kick, but going into a game with a clear pre-conceived plan to award votes to certain individuals is inexcuseable.
what blind eye treatment ? i have a habit of finding fault with the league but what the hell do you expect them to do about it ? Maybe the president of modbury should show some balls and hand it back in.

And how would the league know
The votes are held in custody by representatives of global accounting firm: Ernst & Young
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm

Im any case, if clubs think its that big an issue, theres an AGM coming up in November.

I dont actually know much about how theyre lodged but one ump has since queried if there is a way it could go online. That would avoid ump 1 telling ump 2 to do it because hes gotta rush to the pub and then ump 2 throwing votes to his mates.

Other solution, does the league look at ump pools so no one is umping their own club ( i reckon this came up a few years back)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Were the votes done on the SportsTG App in C grade like they were in the women's comp and in the Division grades too??

Whilst it's easy to use the possibility for one umpire to manipulate the votes is there, " Who do we like for the votes?" discussion and verbal agreement ensues, than the umpire putting the votes in does something different.

It's also easy now for one umpire to just go, "Ahh I've got to go early, put in who you think...."

Not like with the paper based system where both umpires have to counter sign and agree on the votes and they go in an envelope. Not fool-proof either.

Not saying this has happened but with the new automated system there are opportunities for certain voting processes to be manipulated.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:18 am

Footy Chick wrote:Im any case, if clubs think its that big an issue, theres an AGM coming up in November.

I dont actually know much about how theyre lodged but one ump has since queried if there is a way it could go online. That would avoid ump 1 telling ump 2 to do it because hes gotta rush to the pub and then ump 2 throwing votes to his mates.

Other solution, does the league look at ump pools so no one is umping their own club ( i reckon this came up a few years back)

Pretty sure this already occurs for A grade games, probably falls away a bit in the reserves and C grade comps
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 am

After we trained Saturday I went and watched he second half of our C grade in their preliminary final against Modbury.

Unfortunately they suffered a 64 point loss, as Modbury ran away with it in the last quarter piling on the goals and chalking up their forth win from as many matches they've played against our C's this season. They're a far superior side and their ball movement and run was far too good.

Despite the loss this has been a very good year for the C grade finishing a respectable third and having it's first 'winning' season since making the 2011 C5 grand final. Since then the C grade has slugged it out in Division 8 and C3 last year, copping some absolutely beltings over those five years and after battling for wins during that time this season the C's have been able to string some wins together and create a winning culture within the team. It's been great to see the core group of C graders who have been there in those past five seasons enjoy some success this year.

Last year the C grade hit breaking point and it was an absolute basket case. The D grade had a successful team (going on to win a premiership) that a large majority of players wanted to be a apart of leaving the C grade struggling for numbers. We had guys from the B grade like myself doubling up to help the guys in the C's. Plus the coach gave it away around mid season. Something had to be done about it.

Dropping the D grade at the start of this season paid dividends. While it's been frustrating in the past, I feel we've had no problems with selection this season and everyone has played where they're picked. The club got the D grade back up and running in round three and this year is was very much a kick and catch sort of team.

I feel the triple headers have also been great for us as a club aswell. Having the three grades together has really helped enforce a winning culture and made the club a better place to be apart of for everyone.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:29 am

C4 will be a great game of footy, both Salisbury and Modbury very good teams

Hoping Salisbury get up as I like their FF, good bloke to chat to and a good footballer
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:33 am

C6 between PNU & Elizabeth should be an absolute belter too! 1v2 and less than a goal separated them in the Semi - Elizabeth stealing the win in the dying seconds.

Reckon PNU will not be as careless this time around though, there will be no stopping Wielechowski, Burrows, Aston, Battams, Allegretto.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Robran » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:C6 between PNU & Elizabeth should be an absolute belter too! 1v2 and less than a goal separated them in the Semi - Elizabeth stealing the win in the dying seconds.

Reckon PNU will not be as careless this time around though, there will be no stopping Wielechowski, Burrows, Aston, Battams, Allegretto.

But Elizabeth have the MAGICIAN himself D. Walton dead eye dick in front of the sticks once his on he is nearly impossible to stop. plus you chuck in ramsell, tully, casey, they can all still play even though age is slipping away from them all. Should be a cracker of a game good luck to both sides.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby CMAFL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:31 am

No L Anderson in the Cs this week? @S Demon - injured?
CMAFL
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm

PNU win C6
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Congrats to PNU, just too good across the day. Elizabeth were never quite able to bridge the gap.
The great man Danny Walton played a great game and if we could've had him up forward all day as a target, we might have got over the line.
I think the forward lines were the difference, PNU had blokes who were willing to take the game on and were clever about it, #11 and #21, while we were hesitant going I50. Also, he probably won't feature in the best players and he made a bit of a knob of himself, with stupid free kicks against and 50m penalties, but #23 absolutely smashed the packs at ground level and made every stoppage a battle - that's a critical thing in a GF.
Very proud of our blokes, great job, just not quite good enough on the day.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Burrows (11) and Battams (21) are some serious quality footballers. 4 A Grade League medals between them (albeit these were between 10-20 years ago).

Good win by the boys, a fair bit of dissonance with the Senior season still going. Was more fun in 2013 to wrap up both on the same day.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:21 pm

jo172 wrote:Burrows (11) and Battams (21) are some serious quality footballers. 4 A Grade League medals between them (albeit these were between 10-20 years ago).

Good win by the boys, a fair bit of dissonance with the Senior season still going. Was more fun in 2013 to wrap up both on the same day.

:lol: Far less than you have by 10pm Saturday nights
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
jo172 wrote:Burrows (11) and Battams (21) are some serious quality footballers. 4 A Grade League medals between them (albeit these were between 10-20 years ago).

:lol: Far less than you have by 10pm Saturday nights

I made myself stunningly unpopular with some workmates on facebook at 10 pm on Saturday night. How so many Port supporters snuck through HR I'll never know
Last edited by jo172 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Well, you've just highlighted something we were discussing a lot during the game - "How good do you reckon these blokes were in their younger days?"
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:Reckon PNU will not be as careless this time around though, there will be no stopping Wielechowski, Burrows, Aston, Battams, Allegretto.

Elizabeth should've paid attention to the players I highlighted last week, might've helped.. :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Reckon PNU will not be as careless this time around though, there will be no stopping Wielechowski, Burrows, Aston, Battams, Allegretto.

Elizabeth should've paid attention to the players I highlighted last week, might've helped.. :P

Not sure we had the blokes to go with them - they were on fire.
As I highlighted in my first post, if we could have had one forward doing what they were doing, we might have got over them.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League