Life ban

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Life ban

Postby VALE PARK » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 am

Every player in every sport knows the golden rule.
Keep your hands off umpires.
The penalty fits the action.
Q.E.D.
He is very fortunate to be able to play in another league.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby jo172 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Gazza's Scalp wrote:
jo172 wrote:Categorically denying Hay was suspended in 2009 and 2012 for striking?

You might want to double check which Hay it was. He has 3 brothers that played... definitely wasn't Callum.

Not in the SANFL Under 18s and in the NTFL while with Palmerston?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Real Number 3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:45 pm

morell wrote:and just quietly...

That Facebook post (now removed) typified the exact sort of bogan, testosterone fueled, neanderthal bullshit that the video ensconced.

There were people calling out women with sexual oriented abuse for having an opinion
There was threats of violence and retribution
There was homophobic slurs
There was libelous accusations directed towards the league

and worst of all most of it was misspelled.

If this Callum bloke wants to get reinstated, posting that was probably the bottom of the list of decisions he could've made to get back in. Clearly, to me anyway, he hasn't learned that his decisions and actions have ramifications.

My suggestion would be - Mitchell Park need a regular B grade Umpire this year, we also need someone to help out with Juniors. Come out and do that for 12 months - rather than whinging on Facebook to your knuckle dragging horde to satisfy your own sense of misplaced disgruntlement.

my comment on said post definitely wasn't 8)

as someone who is currently playing on a bond (6 or 7 years since being approved) after having my 1st re-entry bid denied, all I can say is do not give it up. reword the appeal. start showing proof of being involved in your club (juniors, goal ump, runner etc). show your love of the game.
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:42 pm

As one off isolated incident I think his pretty unlucky to be banned for life

In saying that though I respect the path the amateur league have gone down and accepted they had massive behavioural issues. From what I hear as well from all players is player behaviour is probably the best it has ever been.

Maybe the amateur league could look at weighted system ala first suspension only 50% of games suspended count towards life ban, second suspension 100% of games suspended for count, 3rd suspension player automatically banned for life etc (imho if you haven't learnt from 3 suspensions regardless of how little or small there is no place for you on a football field)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Gazza's Scalp » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:29 am

jo172 wrote:
Gazza's Scalp wrote:
jo172 wrote:Categorically denying Hay was suspended in 2009 and 2012 for striking?

You might want to double check which Hay it was. He has 3 brothers that played... definitely wasn't Callum.

Never played in the under 18s format, I think he went from 17s to reserves. He only played 2 games for Palmerston too.
Gazza's Scalp
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:08 am

Gazza's Scalp wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Gazza's Scalp wrote:

Never played in the under 18s format, I think he went from 17s to reserves. He only played 2 games for Palmerston too.

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190803819&client=1-3289-35006-85719-10110178&ocompID=85719

Is that a different Callum Hay? If so I suggest he gets on to the AFL and gets his record corrected.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:16 am

Meticulous as ever Jo.. Could sense the research had been done this whole convo haha

FWIW, the de-registration was a harsh outcome, but the league have been steadfast in the treatment of umpires. As they should be. The 6 down to 4 for a 'sling tackle' was the contentious one. Especially considering the player wasn't hurt and the SN player who copped one earlier in the game was KO'd.. While at the game in no way did I walk away thinking Callum would get 13 weeks for that, but its happened and by the sounds of it he has learnt from it.. But unfortunately the damage has been done
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:27 am

human_torpedo wrote:Meticulous as ever Jo.. Could sense the research had been done this whole convo haha

FWIW, the de-registration was a harsh outcome, but the league have been steadfast in the treatment of umpires. As they should be. The 6 down to 4 for a 'sling tackle' was the contentious one. Especially considering the player wasn't hurt and the SN player who copped one earlier in the game was KO'd.. While at the game in no way did I walk away thinking Callum would get 13 weeks for that, but its happened and by the sounds of it he has learnt from it.. But unfortunately the damage has been done

My suspicion is not being forthcoming with other disciplinary issues however far in the past when it's easily accessible by the League does not reflect well on the applicant.

The Real Number 3 has identified what does reflect well on an applicant, a genuine commitment to the game. Umpiring, coaching, waterboying etc.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:39 am

jo172 wrote:
http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190803819&client=1-3289-35006-85719-10110178&ocompID=85719

Is that a different Callum Hay? If so I suggest he gets on to the AFL and gets his record corrected.

To be fair, the picture on that link looks nothing like him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby carey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:40 am

Love it LM :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby morell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 am

jo172 wrote:
Gazza's Scalp wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Gazza's Scalp wrote:You might want to double check which Hay it was. He has 3 brothers that played... definitely wasn't Callum.

So he has been reported and found guilty of striking twice before the grand final incident? All before he was 21?

So that would make 4 charges (of a violent nature) in total in ... 5 years?

Sorry, but if the above is accurate, its a see ya later from me and he would need to do a whole heck of a lot of mea-culpas (read: not just playing good football and not belting someone) for a long time before I'd be willing to take the field with him.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 am

human_torpedo wrote:The 6 down to 4 for a 'sling tackle' was the contentious one. Especially considering the player wasn't hurt and the SN player who copped one earlier in the game was KO'd

I keep seeing comments of this nature.

I might be missing the point, was there a third incident in the same game involving Callum? Or when people refer to his sling tackle, they are talking about when he rag-dolled the ROCs player during the melee?

Assuming the latter:

The ROC's sling tackle was during play.
Callum's sling tackle was not during play, to an opponent that didn't have the footy and followed a 100m dash to get there in the first place.

I don't think they are comparable and would expect the 2nd to get plenty more than the first.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:22 am

Trader wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:The 6 down to 4 for a 'sling tackle' was the contentious one. Especially considering the player wasn't hurt and the SN player who copped one earlier in the game was KO'd

I might be missing the point, was there a third incident in the same game involving Callum? Or when people refer to his sling tackle, they are talking about when he rag-dolled the ROCs player during the melee?

Assuming the latter:

Callum's sling tackle was not during play, to an opponent that didn't have the footy and followed a 100m dash to get there in the first place.

I don't think they are comparable and would expect the 2nd to get plenty more than the first.
Exactly.

Plus, the ROC's player had literally conceded and was not fighting back at all. Throw someone with real strength to the ground like that and you can seriously hurt them. There's a reason why its considered points in MMA.
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 am

Trader wrote:

Assuming the latter:

I am also of the belief that the 'tackle' he got suspended for was the one during the melee. Its only my opinion but to me he throws the bloke off one of his team mates and he rolls over and gets up. Ive seen worse in a melee. No punch was thrown, no damage done to the bloke who he rag dolled. Yes he ran 100m to be involved but I still cant see how people can justify that being 4 weeks and a tackle (in play, yes I get it) which a bloke gets KO'd cops nothing? A sling tackle is a sling tackle, and whether right or wrong the injury it causes is taken into account, whether people like it or not..

The umpire contact deserved what he got, no doubt about that
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 am

Unfortunately the fact that's he built like a brick shithouse probably goes against him.

I'm sure if Robb_Stark was in the same boat he'd get a reprimand.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Unfortunately the fact that's he built like a brick shithouse probably goes against him.

That's true of anyone though. Our B Grade ruckman from last year, colloquially known as The Hulk, was suspended for two games for one of the most minor inconsequential football incidents you could think of.

But.

Because of his size and strength the other bloke got knocked out.

You have to be aware of your own strength and what you're doing to the human being on the end of that strength.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:51 am

If Nick Jolly was literally anyone else in the Adelaide Footy League he's get 10 free kicks a week. That's footy.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:58 am

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Unfortunately the fact that's he built like a brick shithouse probably goes against him.

That's true of anyone though. Our B Grade ruckman from last year, colloquially known as The Hulk, was suspended for two games for one of the most minor inconsequential football incidents you could think of.

But.

Because of his size and strength the other bloke got knocked out.

You have to be aware of your own strength and what you're doing to the human being on the end of that strength.

Key difference being the resulting injury.. Hulk is the only player I have seen give away a 25m penalty and the receiving player offering the umpire to not worry about the penalty out of fear of his sheer size.. Gentle giant though

I still maintain the sling tackle penalty was harsh. I need some heavy hitting back up here, where is @TheBigShrek when ya need him
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 am

Robb Stark tackles :)

since we umpired together i put on 10kg
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:39 am

Robb_Stark wrote:

Robb Stark tackles :)

since we umpired together i put on 10kg

;) ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League