St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:40 am

Cat Stevens wrote:
Are you on the AdFL executive committee?

He is the AdFL.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:44 am

Footy Chick wrote:God help us if that ever happens.

I'm sure I've been on more boards and executives over my time than you ever have.. care to compare resumes? ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Cat Stevens wrote:

He is the AdFL.

Bedge is the Donald Trump of the AdFL, he will drain the swamp
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Cat Stevens wrote:

He is the AdFL.

Gorn build me a wall and make norf'rn burbs great again! Also i'll make them illegals south of Grand Junction Rd pay for it.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Cat Stevens wrote:

He is the AdFL.

Gorn build me a wall and make norf'rn burbs great again! Also i'll make them illegals south of Grand Junction Rd pay for it.

:lol: =D>
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby bird of prey » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Be interesting to see if both SPOC and Brighton have their best teams on the park this week. Would be an absolute cracking game if so.
Grand final preview for sure.
We had our asses handed to us against both these sides, but Brighton seemed to be the more impressive unit across the park.
Assuming they have all their players available (like they bloody did against us), then I tip Brighton in a close one.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 pm

GG in front by 42 pts 3/4 way through the second 1/4.
Bang Bang Bang Bang 4 goals late before half time to PHOS and it's back to game on.
Kookas battled hard to get the job done and missed a few opportunities to increase their lead at various stages.
Class prevailed in the end in good football conditions.
Well played to both sides, entertaining game but PHOS wanted it more when it mattered and had the polish to nail the 6 pointers.
GG have a lot of youngsters and a few oldies that still contribute, just need a couple of game breakers that can go 4 quarters.
Not all gloom and doom at GG despite their win loss ratio.
All the best to PHOS, just wish some supporters could actually see when their opposition misses out on obvious free kicks in prime positions.
Happens everywhere i guess but some don't have the blinkers on all the time and actually respect it.
SPOC included.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby bandar » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:12 pm

Reasonable assessment not sure what you are referring to as far as supporters. Umpiring was confusing at best and pretty sure that goes both ways. While umpires are told to rarely pay holding the ball the times it is paid it is going to be somewhat annoying. GG have the talent But slowed as the game progressed looked like a couple carrying injuries as the game progressed may have impacted performance.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 pm

bandar wrote:Reasonable assessment not sure what you are referring to as far as supporters. Umpiring was confusing at best and pretty sure that goes both ways. While umpires are told to rarely pay holding the ball the times it is paid it is going to be somewhat annoying. GG have the talent But slowed as the game progressed looked like a couple carrying injuries as the game progressed may have impacted performance.

Re the supporters bit, we were around a few from PHOS.
If they pick the eyes out of the free kicks missed by the umpires for their side then they must acknowledge the poor ones made against the opposition.
Just good football sense for those that appreciate the game for what it is.
PHOS to good on the day.
I wouldn't bullshit.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby bandar » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:48 pm

I'm sure you wouldn't. But all clubs have one eyed supporters . I heard interesting stuff where I was standing.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Postby bandar » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:18 am

bandar wrote:
bird of prey wrote:So what's the story with Phos and their redevelopment?
Not playing any games this year at Camden while it's been done I'm hearing. New club rooms and all being built.

Can anyone elaborate?

I have some info. Complete redevelopment of ground and clubrooms. Birkalla have a new synthetic pitch going in which needs very good drainage which is pointless if ours isn't up to scratch. Old home changeroom remains as storage. New rooms stretch along the western wing includes 4 changerooms. New bar clubroom etc. will be at the northern end with a verandah out the front. Ground won't be used all of 2018 plus next summer. Hopefully we are in for start of 2019 but as with all thing there has already been a delay as the oval work should already have been started but hopefully they get stuck in soon. I believe we aren't the only club in this position for next year and I'm pretty sure Thebby is going to get a real workout. :)

Well after much toing and froing and a few false starts this is actually happening. Not the full redevelopment unfortunately but new club rooms are starting to happen. Last beers in the old rooms tonight then we are out. Proposed finish is April next year so hopefully we can start the season with a brand new set up.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Poor Broadies....

Unless they can pull off a massive upset by beating the undefeated SPOCCOS they could end up finishing as low as 4th. (not impossible, it happened in 2 other grades on Saturday)

PHOS get the win over Salisbury North and Brighton play the bottom side.

PHOS have a poorer percentage and will only get 3 goals for the SN forfeit so third will be the more likely position for Broadies I reckon

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:41 pm

You are slipping a bit lately FC. PHOS are only half a win behind Broadview. If Broadview lose PHOS will finish 1 point ahead. Just need our boys to beat Old Iggies which we won’t take for granted after scraping home against the 9th placed GG on Saturday. And why would a council stuff around with an oval during footy season that is not used in summer. Apparently council was worried with buffalo grass becoming too dominant on the main GG oval and somehow managed to kill the whole grass cover in the process. The rain leading into Saturday game time turned the surface into slop across much of the ground.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Down the Hill wrote:You are slipping a bit lately FC. PHOS are only half a win behind Broadview. If Broadview lose PHOS will finish 1 point ahead. Just need our boys to beat Old Iggies which we won’t take for granted after scraping home against the 9th placed GG on Saturday. And why would a council stuff around with an oval during footy season that is not used in summer. Apparently council was worried with buffalo grass becoming too dominant on the main GG oval and somehow managed to kill the whole grass cover in the process. The rain leading into Saturday game time turned the surface into slop across much of the ground.

Crap, I am too, won't deny that :(

I saw your half time score...0.10

How you managed to come up 3 point winners is beyond me but well done :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 am

Down the Hill wrote:You are slipping a bit lately FC. PHOS are only half a win behind Broadview. If Broadview lose PHOS will finish 1 point ahead. Just need our boys to beat Old Iggies which we won’t take for granted after scraping home against the 9th placed GG on Saturday. And why would a council stuff around with an oval during footy season that is not used in summer. Apparently council was worried with buffalo grass becoming too dominant on the main GG oval and somehow managed to kill the whole grass cover in the process. The rain leading into Saturday game time turned the surface into slop across much of the ground.

Drove past on Saturday.....what is wrong with playing on the other oval....looked pretty good to me .....at least it was green?
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:23 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Drove past on Saturday.....what is wrong with playing on the other oval....looked pretty good to me .....at least it was green?

the bottom oval at GG is a bog at the best of times.

Considering how long it took the council to get that top oval up and running, it doesn't sound like it's turned out that well. It was always soft under foot, even when it was first used

Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 am

Computer Crashed wrote:
bandar wrote:Reasonable assessment not sure what you are referring to as far as supporters. Umpiring was confusing at best and pretty sure that goes both ways. While umpires are told to rarely pay holding the ball the times it is paid it is going to be somewhat annoying. GG have the talent But slowed as the game progressed looked like a couple carrying injuries as the game progressed may have impacted performance.

Re the supporters bit, we were around a few from PHOS.
If they pick the eyes out of the free kicks missed by the umpires for their side then they must acknowledge the poor ones made against the opposition.
Just good football sense for those that appreciate the game for what it is.
PHOS to good on the day.
I wouldn't bullshit.

Human nature unfortunately mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby insideword1 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 am

Has anyone heard anything about a Brighton player been suspended from the game against GG for a push/punch to the shoulder?
insideword1
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby bandar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 pm

insideword1 wrote:Has anyone heard anything about a Brighton player been suspended from the game against GG for a push/punch to the shoulder?

Looks like everyone from 2nd to 5th had someone suspended on the weekend.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Postby locky801 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Poor Broadies....

Unless they can pull off a massive upset by beating the undefeated SPOCCOS they could end up finishing as low as 4th. (not impossible, it happened in 2 other grades on Saturday)

PHOS get the win over Salisbury North and Brighton play the bottom side.

PHOS have a poorer percentage and will only get 3 goals for the SN forfeit so third will be the more likely position for Broadies I reckon

Looks like Brighton will get 2nd spot, over 10 goals up against against Iggies, St. Peters 3 goals up over Broadies at the half
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League