Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby jo172 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:44 pm

bandar wrote:
old fullback wrote:Goal umpire at the game today during the last qtr told me that the umpires were told not to pay holding the ball, what's going on? Pulteney will be spewin , had 2 holding the balls turned down for a ball up 20m out in front, couldn't be anything but holding the ball,

If the umpires from the higher grades are giltering down for finals you will be lucky to see more than 2 holding the balls paid in a game. I believe it us a directive from the umpires coach/coordinator and we have seen it all year. It has got to the stage that the crowd rarely yells for it anymore.

Yes

It's ******* deplorable
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby truk teppitt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:44 am

Big win by Woody South, have heard a key player may have a nervous wait after the match film is submitted
truk teppitt
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:19 am

jo172 wrote:
bandar wrote:
old fullback wrote:Goal umpire at the game today during the last qtr told me that the umpires were told not to pay holding the ball, what's going on? Pulteney will be spewin , had 2 holding the balls turned down for a ball up 20m out in front, couldn't be anything but holding the ball,

If the umpires from the higher grades are giltering down for finals you will be lucky to see more than 2 holding the balls paid in a game. I believe it us a directive from the umpires coach/coordinator and we have seen it all year. It has got to the stage that the crowd rarely yells for it anymore.

Yes

It's ******* deplorable

Agree. Every week has been the same in Div 1. There are, on average, 3 holding the ball decisions per game. Yesterday in the TTG v Goodwood game there were 3 holding the ball decisions for the game. The interpretation is that a player has to have control of the ball and take 3 steps before he is deemed to have had prior opportunity. The intent is to give the player who has won the footy every opportunity to dispose of it. Good intention, but there needs to be a correction for next season. Last week I watched a Div 7 final and the interpretation was completely different. There would have been 15 or more holding the ball decisions. So, teams in lower grades getting Div 1 umpires in finals should expect the game to be umpired differently.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:10 am

Lockleys B grade so near yet so far away been a good side for a while
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby NPG319 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:32 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Lockleys B grade so near yet so far away been a good side for a while

Looked like they didn't back up from their bruising encounter with Hope Valley. CBC were too quick and skilful and Lockleys didn't have one player that could run with any of CBC's speedsters.
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby old fullback » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:22 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
jo172 wrote:
bandar wrote:

Yes

It's ******* deplorable

Agree. Every week has been the same in Div 1. There are, on average, 3 holding the ball decisions per game. Yesterday in the TTG v Goodwood game there were 3 holding the ball decisions for the game. The interpretation is that a player has to have control of the ball and take 3 steps before he is deemed to have had prior opportunity. The intent is to give the player who has won the footy every opportunity to dispose of it. Good intention, but there needs to be a correction for next season. Last week I watched a Div 7 final and the interpretation was completely different. There would have been 15 or more holding the ball decisions. So, teams in lower grades getting Div 1 umpires in finals should expect the game to be umpired differently.

I don't understand, rules are rules no matter what Grade of Football, why should they be umpired differentely?
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby NPG319 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:38 pm

It has been noticeable how the umps dropping down to the lower grades are quick to make too high contact calls - that has stood out the most to me in Div 5 finals so far. Holding the ball decisions have been about par so far.
NPG319
Mini-League

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Here's hoping for less of a debacle than last time the fins played at payneham.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby NPG319 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:47 pm

jo172 wrote:Here's hoping for less of a debacle than last time the fins played at payneham.

What happened last time?
NPG319
Mini-League

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:09 pm

NPG319 wrote:
jo172 wrote:Here's hoping for less of a debacle than last time the fins played at payneham.

What happened last time?

Payneham Oval was fortunate enough to host the CBC Blackfriars intercol game the other week.

Called off at quarter time after kids started throwing flares on the oval.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby NPG319 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:20 pm

jo172 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

What happened last time?

Payneham Oval was fortunate enough to host the CBC Blackfriars intercol game the other week.

Called off at quarter time after kids started throwing flares on the oval.

Was this footy or soccer? lol :-)
NPG319
Mini-League

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
jo172 wrote:
bandar wrote:

Yes

It's ******* deplorable

There's a pretty direct link to this and the "dangerous tackles" which the league is rightly worried about.

Umpire just blows his whistle and makes a decision in the first two seconds it's ultimately desirable for everyone.

I know Rowston etc had their review and decided better not to change the interpretation mid season (debatable but understandable) but it's been tending this way for three years.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby coman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Just on a personal note, it's been a great 5 year's as a assistant then head coach at the Smithfield f.c,i definitely had some great times as my journey started in div 7 to 6,5,4 back to 5.
It was very challenging but very rewarding as well,i have ment some great people along the lines from other football clubs,also gained respect to some hopefully majority of our opponent's,as that was one of my goals taking on the role.
Basically my mindset was to help tidy up the s.f.c ,as we all know the history and bad name that hang over the club,getting good feed back from the ceo and umpires director was very satisfying for my self and i no it did to all involved at s.f.c.
I truly believe there has been a massive turn around down there and im very confident it will continue on for many years to come hopefully for ever, as there is no room in our game for supporters being feral and abusive or just general on field nonsense as we have witness this year.
Im stepping down as head coach,as the club needs fresh blood to help build on top of the current playing group,also so i can explore higher divisions and different leagues to better my self as a future coach.
Cheers..
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:46 pm

coman wrote:Just on a personal note, it's been a great 5 year's as a assistant then head coach at the Smithfield f.c,i definitely had some great times as my journey started in div 7 to 6,5,4 back to 5.
It was very challenging but very rewarding as well,i have ment some great people along the lines from other football clubs,also gained respect to some hopefully majority of our opponent's,as that was one of my goals taking on the role.
Basically my mindset was to help tidy up the s.f.c ,as we all know the history and bad name that hang over the club,getting good feed back from the ceo and umpires director was very satisfying for my self and i no it did to all involved at s.f.c.
I truly believe there has been a massive turn around down there and im very confident it will continue on for many years to come hopefully for ever, as there is no room in our game for supporters being feral and abusive or just general on field nonsense as we have witness this year.
Im stepping down as head coach,as the club needs fresh blood to help build on top of the current playing group,also so i can explore higher divisions and different leagues to better my self as a future coach.
Cheers..

Hold your head up high mate, you've done wonders for the place and the huge amount of respect you have from everyone is well earnt and deserved.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:54 pm

coman wrote:Just on a personal note, it's been a great 5 year's as a assistant then head coach at the Smithfield f.c,i definitely had some great times as my journey started in div 7 to 6,5,4 back to 5.
Cheers..

The club is definitely heading in the right direction, and a lot of that is no doubt due to your influence.

I wish you well in your future endeavours.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Onya Coman - you've done very well at the Panthers, anything on the horizon footy wise for you?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby coman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Onya Coman - you've done very well at the Panthers, anything on the horizon footy wise for you?

Cheers mate,nah im just going to exsplore different leagues and higher grades to improve my self as maybe a future coach again,plus to many of the ladds will want to follow me,so i couldn't do that to the s.f.c.
coman
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm

coman wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Onya Coman - you've done very well at the Panthers, anything on the horizon footy wise for you?

Cheers mate,nah im just going to exsplore different leagues and higher grades to improve my self as maybe a future coach again,plus to many of the ladds will want to follow me,so i couldn't do that to the s.f.c.

Coman to AVFC 2019 perhaps?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby coman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:
coman wrote:

Coman to AVFC 2019 perhaps?

Nah bedge,but to be onist the AVFC is in a good place today as they have a great junior program and i no Daniel Marston,scott webber have signed up down there,and maybe a couple from eastern park,plus others.
Hopefully Smithfield can get junior's up and running next season,if so ill be more then happy to help out in some way or form.
coman
Rookie

Postby hfoxe16 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 pm

How did Timmy TwoTime Sumner go at the tribunal?
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League