West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 am

The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:. I'm trying to have a sense of humour but it's really hard to at times :D :D

Coz your jokes are shit mate.

Thanks for your positive input. Because I wake up in the morning to try my very best to be like you.

Consider it constructive criticism.. and you could do worse than to be like me champ. ;) :D

Ha ha ha ha ha.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Q. » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Geez, Greenacres struggling. Only had ~30 for their trial games tonight with a handful of ring ins from other clubs having a run amongst that.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am

Q. wrote:Geez, Greenacres struggling. Only had ~30 for their trial games tonight with a handful of ring ins from other clubs having a run amongst that.

It is only a trial though, reckon we haven't even got 30 lined up for our trial games yet, but we have enough on the books for 3 sides still.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Q. wrote:Geez, Greenacres struggling. Only had ~30 for their trial games tonight with a handful of ring ins from other clubs having a run amongst that.

It is only a trial though, reckon we haven't even got 30 lined up for our trial games yet, but we have enough on the books for 3 sides still.

Actually changed my mind, reckon they will struggle - maybe not with numbers, but with quality.

Maniotis, Clark-Rantasa x2, Wheaton, Asfaha and probably Peter Smith all moving on, that is literally their best 6 players from last season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Actually changed my mind, reckon they will struggle - maybe not with numbers, but with quality.

Maniotis, Clark-Rantasa x2, Wheaton, Asfaha and probably Peter Smith all moving on, that is literally their best 6 players from last season.

Where are these guys heading?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Gepps I reckon
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby BZB27 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 pm

James Clearance to Gepps was put up today
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:It is only a trial though, reckon we haven't even got 30 lined up for our trial games yet, but we have enough on the books for 3 sides still.

Gepps I reckon

Thought that might've been the case.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:53 pm

BZB27 wrote:James Clearance to Gepps was put up today

and where ever Jamie goes, Jarrod is sure to follow.. and I've heard Pete Smith, Dan McDonough, Michael Bates and David Savage will join them..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:

and where ever Jamie goes, Jarrod is sure to follow.. and I've heard Pete Smith, Dan McDonough, Michael Bates and David Savage will join them..

I heard Ingle Farm had opened the cheque book for this group to join
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:16 pm

oldman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Haha cheque book :lol:

Mate we don't have stuff all money, hence why we struggle to recruit players - hell, I get a $12 meal voucher a week to coach, and I have to pay subs! :lol:

Besides, Jamie/Jarrod already signed at Gepps, Sav is serving 7 games suspension and Pete Smith is getting old. ;)

*edit* I do get a free club shirt, but I have to pay for my jacket
The Bedge
Coach

Postby turk186 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Very disappointed to hear these bloke moving on as the club bent over to help all of them at one time or another including financially... I hoped they would stay which meant the new blokes that have since joined would have given better numbers around the club along with a fair amount of ability.
I guess its easier to follow rather than be at the front of the line where you can't hide.
Wheats would not be in that category, top bloke, pretty fair footballer... wish him all the best.
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:28 pm

turk186 wrote:Wheats would not be in that category, top bloke, pretty fair footballer... wish him all the best.

To my understanding, Wheats will be back at Greenacres next season to finish his playing days out for the Dragons.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:51 pm

oldman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Heard wrong.... we definitely were interested in having a chat but never got them to the table.

Been an interesting few months to say the least. This generation are not shy in asking for $ even when they are yet to prove themselves! Unfortunately we a) can’t pay it and b) don’t believe most are worth it.....recruitment has become more difficult each year when you don’t have the funds and it is getting harder as expectations have risen
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:58 pm

The Bedge wrote:
turk186 wrote:Wheats would not be in that category, top bloke, pretty fair footballer... wish him all the best.

To my understanding, Wheats will be back at Greenacres next season to finish his playing days out for the Dragons.

I'll ask him tomorrow night. Im assuming his up coming wedding has put this year out of the question for him?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:17 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I'll ask him tomorrow night. Im assuming his up coming wedding has put this year out of the question for him?

He has signed with us :D
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

He has signed with us :D

Oh, i thought he was having the year off :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Minion Master » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:49 pm

4 weeks out from round 1 & Greenies have 11 on the track tonight, will think they'll struggle to fill 2 sides
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:28 pm

turk186 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Very disappointed to hear these bloke moving on as the club bent over to help all of them at one time or another including financially... I hoped they would stay which meant the new blokes that have since joined would have given better numbers around the club along with a fair amount of ability.
I guess its easier to follow rather than be at the front of the line where you can't hide.
Wheats would not be in that category, top bloke, pretty fair footballer... wish him all the best.

One of the best posts i have ever read. People looking for instant gratification without willing to put in the hard yards. I am happy to say that the blokes who wear the yellow and black at brahma lodge are the guys i want to have the ultimate success.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Old_mate21 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:39 pm

clubs pay players for a service for the year, if players aren’t enjoying their time at a club and choose to leave after that year then what is the issue? If clubs pay a player and aren’t happy with them then they move them on. Works both ways.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League