Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:13 pm

scottroo wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Having seen a bit of Div 5 footy over the last few years, Hackham would not be out of place in that Div. Not sure many on here have seen them play this year. They had 2 C grade teams BTW so depth was there also.

Their second side averages a 25 goal loss in a winless season - how is that depth? :lol:

Considering the two teams play at the same time each week, they obviously have good numbers. Considering there are reports of players in the AdFL having to double-up for both A & B-Grade, they are likely in better shape than those clubs.

Give it a spell, hackham white forfeited round 14 and when the two hackham teams played each other in round 15 they played 15 v 15

If they played in the saafl that week their b grade would of had 9 players...

Pfft scottroo and your fancy facts.

#noplace
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:02 pm

At no time did I suggest they should go into D5. If they went to D7 you would see another whitewash division like this year, they regularly beat both Marion and OSBL. They seem to me like a club that has got its shit together, big support at the GF on the weekend, no on field indiscretions and they paid a few players this year so financially obviously OK, great facilities so have a good future if they can keep it all together.

Their GF team were up against a Flaggie team that had played a lot of B grade during the season, a B grade team that was undefeated, I thought they played very well considering.

Ideally Id like them to return to SFL A/B grade plus juniors to make it a 10 team comp.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:At no time did I suggest they should go into D5. If they went to D7 you would see another whitewash division like this year, they regularly beat both Marion and OSBL. They seem to me like a club that has got its shit together, big support at the GF on the weekend, no on field indiscretions and they paid a few players this year so financially obviously OK, great facilities so have a good future if they can keep it all together.

Their GF team were up against a Flaggie team that had played a lot of B grade during the season, a B grade team that was undefeated, I thought they played very well considering.

Ideally Id like them to return to SFL A/B grade plus juniors to make it a 10 team comp.

You're really proceeding on a false premise.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby the smokey » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Ideally Id like them to return to SFL A/B grade plus juniors to make it a 10 team comp.[/quote]

If they don't move the the AdFL are they moving back into the A and B Grade comp next year?
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby scottroo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:30 pm

They paid players to play c grade footy?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:41 pm

jo172 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:At no time did I suggest they should go into D5. If they went to D7 you would see another whitewash division like this year, they regularly beat both Marion and OSBL. They seem to me like a club that has got its shit together, big support at the GF on the weekend, no on field indiscretions and they paid a few players this year so financially obviously OK, great facilities so have a good future if they can keep it all together.

Huh?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm

scottroo wrote:They paid players to play c grade footy?

It was their A-Grade, they just happened to play against C-Grade teams - happens in Division 7 too!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm

the smokey wrote:
If they don't move the the AdFL are they moving back into the A and B Grade comp next year?

I doubt it, but that is their long term goal I believe, whether they can achieve it is up in the air.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Dutchy wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:If they went to D7 you would see another whitewash division like this year

Huh?

"White wash" -defeat (an opponent) in every game of a series.

OSB won 17/18 games in the minor round, finished minor premier and lost the GF.
Marion won 13/18 minor round games, finished 3rd and won the GF.

Most games against oppositions except the bottom two sides, were reasonably close. They hardly came in and wiped the floor with D7.

In fact if Marion had lost both their matches to Central United (3pt win and a draw), then they may not have even made the GF.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:02 pm

See it how you see it but fact is both clubs came in with terrible records and both ended up getting promoted.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Informer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:09 pm

**** some of these posts have me crying, wiped the floor, monsterd the other teams. From what i saw, i would think that Marion and OSB will be a div 6 club at best with there current teams, depth would be the issue.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm

The_Informer wrote:**** some of these posts have me crying, wiped the floor, monsterd the other teams. From what i saw, i would think that Marion and OSB will be a div 6 club at best with there current teams, depth would be the issue.

@Dutchy - why is The Informer still showing as the informer, instead of his new name?

Did you change the wrong person? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:See it how you see it but fact is both clubs came in with terrible records and both ended up getting promoted.

Yeah, this is correct - the rest is just adding mayo. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:See it how you see it but fact is both clubs came in with terrible records and both ended up getting promoted.

Someone gets promoted every year.

Woodville South just came 5th and lost a GF by 10 goals and got promoted.

Hardly means they whitewashed D5.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:"White wash" -defeat (an opponent) in every game of a series.

OSB won 17/18 games in the minor round, finished minor premier and lost the GF.
Marion won 13/18 minor round games, finished 3rd and won the GF.

Most games against oppositions except the bottom two sides, were reasonably close. They hardly came in and wiped the floor with D7.

In fact if Marion had lost both their matches to Central United (3pt win and a draw), then they may not have even made the GF.

Chuck in the fact they were playing against two C grade teams aswell.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:50 pm

I missed the part where people expected D7 = D3
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Off The Wall » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Marion and OSB both had former great players of their club come back to play, had those players been around during the recent hard times, then their records would of been better. With Hackham's current side, maybe fringe finals hope. If they were to get back players too, say Nobes, Spencely boys, Alavija, Crump to name a few, then yes, they would pretty much decimate all in Div 7.
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby The Informer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Oh well may as well write off next season then, see you all in two years
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:Would the AdFL be a bit gun shy of taking them on right now when they’re dealing with other clubs already eg Salis West & North?
If they did grant them entry, would they start on AAA?
Not sure they’d be granted entry higher than D7 - the other clubs that did come in higher were much larger, more successful organisations.
If Salis West weren’t granted affiliation next year, it would be a matter of whether Adel Luth would want to give up their spot in D6 or not.
Further to that, you’d think St Paul’s or whoever finished 3rd would be filthy at getting leap frogged for that D6 spot.

Actually, on this I've been thinking. I’ve watched how the AdFL do things over the last few years and what fights they appear to pick with their constituents.

On reflection of my post above, I would say the AdFL will not even consider Hackham in anything above Division 7 if for no other reason than they would go against their own Regulations (that an application for entry must be received by the end of August) and to my (albeit limited) understanding, no application has been received (could be wrong), but more importantly the AdFL would not even think about picking a fight with the clubs over the Hackham FC.

Flagstaff Hill, Cove or Reynella maybe - but Hackham, no chance.

However the league can justify letting them enter Div. 7 after end of August because no other club else gets put out.

When the other SFL clubs came in there was a perfect storm with Para Hills, Salisbury West and Brahma Lodge all falling out of their intended division. At the moment cant see any such free kick happening this time around to open the door for the Hawks to go in higher than D7.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:17 pm

The_Informer wrote:Oh well may as well write off next season then, see you all in two years

He said decimate D7 - not D7R ;) Don't stress, the #Dynasty is still alive! :D
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League