SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Moe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:So the results are In....
The SANFL JUNIORS dropped Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone
down from Div 3 to Div 4 in the U/14 grade.

Results

Flagstaff Hill def Morphettville Pk (4th) by ... 85 pts
Athelstone def Angle Vale (3rd) by 126 pts

Pencil in those two teams for the Grand Final

Well played SANFL JUNIORS


After all the commotion a few weeks back, a quick look at the last 2 weeks results and Morphy Parks have beaten the evil Athelstone and Gepps Cross, good to see them playing well.

Gepps Cross and Athelstone both had quite a few players out when we played them.
Gepps Cross got belted last week by the previously bottom Salisbury. Salisbury had 8 players play their first game for the team, which means either they have picked up 8 brand new players, or they have a second Under 14 team and dropped players down.
The Athelstone team we played last week would not have gotten within cooee of the Flagstaff Hill team we played.
User avatar
Moe
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am
Location: On the Redlegs Bandwagon.
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 pm

So no credit to your lads for getting the wins then?
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 37691
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 975 times
Been liked: 1636 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Moe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Dutchy wrote:So no credit to your lads for getting the wins then?

I'm being a realist.
User avatar
Moe
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am
Location: On the Redlegs Bandwagon.
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Moe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:Alright so this might be met with some push back, but I seriously think in lower grades that don’t have score or ladders, there should be a “mercy rule” for one sided game. Restart after a goal with an opposition free kick in the middle or something.

Kids might not be playing for points or wins but some kids just enjoy actually getting a kick or running around near the ball at least.

It is up to the team manager of either side to approach the other team manager, who then, if both agree it is one sided, approach the umpires at the next quarter break.

The umpires then will start all centre bounces by handing the ball to the ruckman of the losing side. If it stays very lopsided, they can move the bounce to centre half forward of the losing team.

This is how it went when I was coaching under 12's anyway.

The question has been asked, how do you know the score, if scores arent kept?
Trust me, scores are kept. They are just not official, or published.
User avatar
Moe
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am
Location: On the Redlegs Bandwagon.
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Chrisso » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:Alright so this might be met with some push back, but I seriously think in lower grades that don’t have score or ladders, there should be a “mercy rule” for one sided game. Restart after a goal with an opposition free kick in the middle or something.

Kids might not be playing for points or wins but some kids just enjoy actually getting a kick or running around near the ball at least.


I believe the coach is able to request this to the umpire. It happened to my team a couple of years ago where the ball was going straight from the middle to a goal without our team barely touching the ball. The opposition coach told me at quarter time that he would give us possession from the centre after a goal. Unfortunately their team was so dominant, all it did meant they took a mark from the kick and then goaled from there anyway.

I was most appreciative that the coach did that though.
Chrisso
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Chrisso » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:How will you know when to enforce the mercy rule when there’s no scoring? [emoji6]

Certainly a tough one but a feel for the game from the umpires and maybe communicating with the coaches who are onfield in these grades would help.

Thought came because our kids U8’s side is reasonably good - physically bigger and a few real talented sorts.. they rarely get beaten but today played a side that appeared mostly new to footy, who battled hard but were so far out their depth they genuinely were struggling to get the ball.

Our coach moved players around and benched players and tried to change what he could but didn’t matter - our “worst” was equal to their “best”.

30 goals to 1 in an U8’s game, really felt for them.

Credit to the club though their kids were up and about and their coach was encouraging but also directional in his instructions and gave clear exaplanation to players.. he was teaching them more than most coaches at that level.


The SANFL need to grade the younger grades, every one knows he the stronger teams are or the clubs certainly do. Last year we had about 36 -U9 Teams, It would be better for everyone to have 3 x grades of 12 etc, with div 1,2,3. Tea Tree Gully ,Modbury,Golden Grove with multi teams, no which teams are stronger or could grade kids into ability so all the kids get something out of the game., in the correct grade. Correct Bedge I know you don't get much out of a game that you win by 20 plus goals or you get is kids learning bad habits. You would rather close games every week to keep more kids interested in playing instead of giving up by the time they reach U12s. If clubs second team played clubs with the same ability, little Johnny would get more of the ball because he has more chance of getting the ball in his team as well because all better players are playing in the higher team. Keep scores in U7's, then grade all clubs in U8s from North and East.


Spot on.

Everyone knows who the strong clubs are. The big clubs start grading their teams at a young age. they could unofficially keep scores as they do in u11 now for next years grading.

Maybe the SANFL don't want the extra paperwork to do.
Chrisso
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Chrisso » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
The SANFL need to grade the younger grades, every one knows he the stronger teams are or the clubs certainly do. Last year we had about 36 -U9 Teams, It would be better for everyone to have 3 x grades of 12 etc, with div 1,2,3. Tea Tree Gully ,Modbury,Golden Grove with multi teams, no which teams are stronger or could grade kids into ability so all the kids get something out of the game., in the correct grade. Correct Bedge I know you don't get much out of a game that you win by 20 plus goals or you get is kids learning bad habits. You would rather close games every week to keep more kids interested in playing instead of giving up by the time they reach U12s. If clubs second team played clubs with the same ability, little Johnny would get more of the ball because he has more chance of getting the ball in his team as well because all better players are playing in the higher team. Keep scores in U7's, then grade all clubs in U8s from North and East.


I'm pretty sure they do to some degree, well they used to, that way by the time they get to under 11's they get it around about right.

I know when my lad played at Fitzroy they had a gun team, the 2nd and 3rd years he was there they played all the better sides yet there was no points.

I might be wrong but I think the scores might still get submitted.


Don't think any scores are submitted for <u10 as the goal umpires certainly aren't keeping scores.

I know of a certain team last year that kicked 200+ goals for the year and only had a total of 15 against them (yes they kept the stats). Knowing a parent from the team they didn't seem to play any of the other strong clubs, but a lot of smaller clubs.
Chrisso
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Chrisso » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Having no U6 or U7 comp is hurting as well, as a lot of these kids end up just forming another U8's side.

There's under 7's.


Yes, a token u7 comp that consists of about 8 games for the season.

I speak confidently that there will be no u7 next year

I hope the SANFL aren't shooting themselves in the foot (maybe big brother told them to do it)
Chrisso
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Chrisso » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Having no U6 or U7 comp is hurting as well, as a lot of these kids end up just forming another U8's side.

There's under 7's.

Oh fair enough! Thought they cut the 7's and opted for AUSKICK program followed by a short 4-6 wk season - that's why Ingle Farm ended up fielding 3x U8's this season. :?

Never mind then haha!


We were one of the lucky clubs Bedge. I know of other clubs who tried to have their u7 team play in u8's and were denied.
Chrisso
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Chrisso wrote:It happened to my team a couple of years ago where the ball was going straight from the middle to a goal without our team barely touching the ball. The opposition coach told me at quarter time that he would give us possession from the centre after a goal. Unfortunately their team was so dominant, all it did meant they took a mark from the kick and then goaled from there anyway.

I gifted you a future premiership side**, and you turned them to a rabble! :D ;)

** maybe in 15yrs time
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10213
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2448 times
Been liked: 2479 times

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Chrisso » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Chrisso wrote:It happened to my team a couple of years ago where the ball was going straight from the middle to a goal without our team barely touching the ball. The opposition coach told me at quarter time that he would give us possession from the centre after a goal. Unfortunately their team was so dominant, all it did meant they took a mark from the kick and then goaled from there anyway.

I gifted you a future premiership side**, and you turned them to a rabble! :D ;)

** maybe in 15yrs time


I don't think there are many (if any?) left at the club or even playing footy any more.

I hold you responsible ;)
Chrisso
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Chrisso wrote:I don't think there are many (if any?) left at the club or even playing footy any more.

I hold you responsible ;)

Took them to Pulteney. 8) :lol:
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10213
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2448 times
Been liked: 2479 times

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Broken Down Hack » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:48 pm

The Morphettville Park Football Club would like to publicly
thank the Broadview Football Club for their help and understanding
in dealing with the tragic situation that our U/16 girls and U/16.5 boys
had to deal with with the loss off their friend and classmate in the tragic accident
that occurred Saturday night, Many girls only found out Sunday morning
and were to upset to play, the boys had a bit more time to understand and decided to play
in respect to their friend.
Thank you Broadview Football Club players, parents, supporters and officials and all involved
we at the ROOS appreciate your understanding and support

Thank You
Broken Down Hack
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 6:26 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby locky801 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:The Morphettville Park Football Club would like to publicly
thank the Broadview Football Club for their help and understanding
in dealing with the tragic situation that our U/16 girls and U/16.5 boys
had to deal with with the loss off their friend and classmate in the tragic accident
that occurred Saturday night, Many girls only found out Sunday morning
and were to upset to play, the boys had a bit more time to understand and decided to play
in respect to their friend.
Thank you Broadview Football Club players, parents, supporters and officials and all involved
we at the ROOS appreciate your understanding and support

Thank You


I will pass on this to the Junior President mate, such tragic set of circumstances. Thoughts go out to the families and the club
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40719
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1046 times
Been liked: 516 times

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:24 am

So how do finals work in this comp?

Neutral grounds or home ground advantage for higher team? Does one ground hold a full day of finals for various grades?
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 37691
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 975 times
Been liked: 1636 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:28 am

Dutchy wrote:So how do finals work in this comp?

Neutral grounds or home ground advantage for higher team? Does one ground hold a full day of finals for various grades?


This.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 36206
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2318 times
Been liked: 4311 times

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:29 am

Cheers, presume its starts with lower ages and works up from there? Presume they select the clubs/ovals with the best facilities to handle large number of participants and supporters?
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 37691
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 975 times
Been liked: 1636 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:32 am

Dutchy wrote:Cheers, presume its starts with lower ages and works up from there? Presume they select the clubs/ovals with the best facilities to handle large number of participants and supporters?

Pretty much mate, they'll share the minor finals around and then try and get league grounds and the better ammo ones for the GF's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 36206
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2318 times
Been liked: 4311 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests