SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Pag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:Spot on LM, make your club a place people want to be, and do it consistently over a number of years and things will change

This is obviously much easier said than done, and clearly population demographics also play a part, but I've noticed more and more that (some) parents will only take their kids to a club where they feel they can win premierships or B&Fs year on year (almost free-agent style in pro sports), as opposed to sticking with a group of kids for good or bad (results-wise, not club culture).
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Spot on LM, make your club a place people want to be, and do it consistently over a number of years and things will change

This is obviously much easier said than done, and clearly population demographics also play a part, but I've noticed more and more that (some) parents will only take their kids to a club where they feel they can win premierships or B&Fs year on year (almost free-agent style in pro sports), as opposed to sticking with a group of kids for good or bad (results-wise, not club culture).

Agree entirely Pag
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Pag wrote:

Absolutely, I've been on both sides of the ledger, you look across and see young William's dad hurling abuse at an umpire and think "Ahh Dave, he gets upset pretty easily" as you quietly laugh to yourself and have another sip of your coffee, all this adds up and creates a different environment for your kids to play in.

I don't care where my kids play, I do like to see a "nice" environment both on and off the field though, I'll talk to anyone but there needs to be levels of decorum at kids games, it's very off-putting otherwise.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:

Absolutely, I've been on both sides of the ledger, you look across and see young William's dad hurling abuse at an umpire and think "Ahh Dave, he gets upset pretty easily" as you quietly laugh to yourself and have another sip of your coffee, all this adds up and creates a different environment for your kids to play in.

I don't care where my kids play, I do like to see a "nice" environment both on and off the field though, I'll talk to anyone but there needs to be levels of decorum at kids games, it's very off-putting otherwise.

I don't condone any of that sort of stuff, and I hate listening to it 3-4 times a year when I go watch my nephew. I was more referring to the parents who move their kids not because the culture of the club/parents is bad, but because they go chasing on-field success in junior footy.
Pag
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:59 pm

Pag wrote:

Really? So you have players changing clubs nearly every year cause of these factors at junior level?

Cant say Ive seen that, from my experience the kids like to play with their mates and that drives the decision the most, you don't see much movement down south once a player starts at a club they usually stay.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:07 pm

We certainly have had that at our club, we have a few ‘big’ clubs close by. Our committee and footy people do a super job
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:08 pm

I've seen it with kids.. usually not the kid whose the driving force, but the parents.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:12 pm

And some of these kids move from 100% game time each week to less minutes and rostered off due to big squad numbers
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:41 am

The Bedge wrote:I've seen it with kids.. usually not the kid whose the driving force, but the parents.

Bingo. Little Johnny should be a star and deserves to play in a team that never loses.
Pag
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:21 am

Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I've seen it with kids.. usually not the kid whose the driving force, but the parents.

Bingo. Little Johnny should be a star and deserves to play in a team that never loses.

I don't get that, Little Johnny would stand out more in a battling team.

I let my kids play where they are happiest to play, my son has had a few clubs as we have moved a few times or he's mates have changed clubs and he has wanted to play with them.

The pleasing thing was when my son moved from one of the bigger premier clubs to a smaller club he was appreciated more, enjoyed his footy more, won a B&F, came 3rd or 4th in the medal count and played in a GF, now he has found his love for the game again he is out running on his own accord and is super fit to better himself for this season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't get that, Little Johnny would stand out more in a battling team.

More to do with parental expectations of their kids, unrealistic dreams/aspirations or the old "rose coloured glasses" getting ambitions and ability mixed up.

Setitng the kids up for failure in the long run IMO.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:59 am

FHFC have nominated u14 & u16.5 teams for this year, looking forward to trying a new comp for our overflow Saturday players.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:FHFC have nominated u14 & u16.5 teams for this year, looking forward to trying a new comp for our overflow Saturday players.

Overflow players :roll: so players that play Saturday will not play in SANFL juniors on Sunday? I'm sure you will qualify enough to play finals on Sunday, I suspect when they have the opportunity to play a competitive game most weeks they will lining up to play.
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:32 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Dutchy wrote:FHFC have nominated u14 & u16.5 teams for this year, looking forward to trying a new comp for our overflow Saturday players.

Overflow players :roll: so players that play Saturday will not play in SANFL juniors on Sunday? I'm sure you will qualify enough to play finals on Sunday, I suspect when they have the opportunity to play a competitive game most weeks they will lining up to play.

Sorry?

13s/15s/17.5s on Sat with14s/16s on Sunday, works perfectly. Junior footy is about giving games to kids that want to play for your footy club believe it or not and if any one is doubling up they will be doing this outside of their age group (i.e. u13s playing in u14's u15's playing in u16.5's which is great for their development)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Sorry?

13s/15s/17.5s on Sat with14s/16s on Sunday, works perfectly. Junior footy is about giving games to kids that want to play for your footy club believe it or not and if any one is doubling up they will be doing this outside of their age group (i.e. u13s playing in u14's u15's playing in u16.5's which is great for their development)

Or first year under 15's dropping to 14's and first or second year 17.5's dropping to 16.5's although in correct age groups a drop to a lower age group.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am

Well the SANFL juniors have definitely scrapped the north/south divisions.

Under 14 Div. 2
Colonel Light Gardens
Elizabeth
Flinders Park
Hectorville
Henley
Mitcham
Modbury
Mt. Lofty
Pooraka
Tea Tree Gully
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Well the SANFL juniors have definitely scrapped the north/south divisions.

Under 14 Div. 2
Colonel Light Gardens
Elizabeth
Flinders Park
Hectorville
Henley
Mitcham
Modbury
Mt. Lofty
Pooraka
Tea Tree Gully

That's ridiculous for Under 14 footy.
Pag
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:19 am

Pag wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Well the SANFL juniors have definitely scrapped the north/south divisions.

Under 14 Div. 2
Colonel Light Gardens
Elizabeth
Flinders Park
Hectorville
Henley
Mitcham
Modbury
Mt. Lofty
Pooraka
Tea Tree Gully

Seemingly, I don't mind it though, my lad gets to play against his old side and I love going to new grounds and checking out clubrooms, photo's, facilities etc.

Mt. Lofty is a bit of a hike but will probably intertwine a stop at Hahndorf pending on game time, Mitcham will have a stop in at the city, Flinders and Henley we can visit friends we don't catch up with often.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 am

Pag wrote:

Under 14 Div. 2
Colonel Light Gardens
Elizabeth
Flinders Park
Hectorville
Henley
Mitcham
Modbury
Mt. Lofty
Pooraka
Tea Tree Gully

I preferred to travel than watch my lad's team win by 20 goals one week and lose by 20 goals the next week
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:21 pm

It’s nuts

Last year CLG had to play at 6:30 at Tea Tree Gully on a Friday night. That was difficult
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League