SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:]Were Premiership medals presented
after the Grand Finals Sunday just gone?

I know its not SANFLJ but in the Under 18's there was no AdFL rep at the game and the coach had to hand out medals/shield and the opposition didn't hang around.

Thought I read somewhere the league were not doing Presentations on the ground this year, and Clubs would be given the medals/shield etc to do back at their own clubs??

Correct - as spectators also weren't allowed around team huddles either
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:00 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Correct - as spectators also weren't allowed around team huddles either

Post game?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:34 am

So no formal presentations in any Divisions? :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:48 am

You can either do it back at the club, or in a huddle off the ground
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:32 am

Bluedemon wrote:You can either do it back at the club, or in a huddle off the ground

Not quite right.

This week we can have presentations on the ground like we did with womens footy at Norwood.

All grounds this week including Simonds (Kenilworth) can have presentations on the ground but no spectators permitted. Simonds COVID management plan didn’t allow for presentations last week but they do this week. i.e. they’re taking the foot off a little.

I think some clubs have enquired whether they can just take their medals to their club and do it there but that's always been an option in any year.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:You can either do it back at the club, or in a huddle off the ground

Not quite right.

This week we can have presentations on the ground like we did with womens footy at Norwood.

All grounds this week including Simonds (Kenilworth) can have presentations on the ground but no spectators permitted. Simonds COVID management plan didn’t allow for presentations last week but they do this week. i.e. they’re taking the foot off a little.

I think some clubs have enquired whether they can just take their medals to their club and do it there but that's always been an option in any year.

Well let's hope the winning side can do it at the
ground on or off, kinda takes away the thrill of receiving your medal
If back at club, the joy off getting the medal after the game, the big team ground pic
celebrating the moment, that's what footys about.
But rules are rules in this weird season I guess.
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Moe » Tue May 18, 2021 1:34 pm

Anyone know about Woodville South/ GAZA 16s being called off at half time last weekend?
I believe it turned pretty violent, with adult spectators involved and police being called.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 18, 2021 2:45 pm

Moe wrote:Anyone know about Woodville South/ GAZA 16s being called off at half time last weekend?
I believe it turned pretty violent, with adult spectators involved and police being called.

Bloody hell, Modbury u16 coach got Blue Carded last week and then told the umpire (a minor) where to stick the blue card :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 18, 2021 4:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Moe wrote:Anyone know about Woodville South/ GAZA 16s being called off at half time last weekend?

Bloody hell, Modbury u16 coach got Blue Carded last week and then told the umpire (a minor) where to stick the blue card :shock:

What's a Blue Card?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 18, 2021 4:58 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

What's a Blue Card?

Free kick against spectators, I may or may not have had one (incorrectly)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

What's a Blue Card?

A report against the off field crew/spectators.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Sounds like one of the Woody sth lads was getting stuck in to a Gaza lad in the 1st half and the brothers x2 (spectators) of the Gaza lad decided enough was enough and took it into their own hands at half time, then it escalated.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Bluedemon » Wed May 19, 2021 4:52 pm

Arch44 wrote:Sounds like one of the Woody sth lads was getting stuck in to a Gaza lad in the 1st half and the brothers x2 (spectators) of the Gaza lad decided enough was enough and took it into their own hands at half time, then it escalated.

You dont need this at a junior games or any game in particular
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Sounds like one of the Woody sth lads was getting stuck in to a Gaza lad in the 1st half and the brothers x2 (spectators) of the Gaza lad decided enough was enough and took it into their own hands at half time, then it escalated.

Trouble at Edwardstown now yesterday too in juniors, with an umpire injured from it.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 24, 2021 12:43 pm

There must be a fair gap between div 1 and div 2 boys under 16 comps.

Salisbury North haven't won a game in div 1, get dropped and defeat Plympton who have been winning comfortably most weeks.

I must say, the Under 16 div 1 standard is very high, it is very quick and very high pressured, it's great viewing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Trouble at Edwardstown now yesterday too in juniors, with an umpire injured from it.

A teenage umpire was assaulted during a junior football game at Edwardstown on Sunday.

As reported on Adelaide Now:

A melee between players on the field led to parents and spectators becoming involved at about 6.30pm.
During the incident, a man was grabbed from behind and tackled to the ground.
A boy umpiring the game attempted to intervene but was hit.
The boy was treated for facial injuries and the man was not injured.

A quick look at the SANFL Juniors fixture shows it was during an U17.5 Girls game between Edwardstown & Ingle Farm.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby beef » Mon May 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:There must be a fair gap between div 1 and div 2 boys under 16 comps.

Salisbury North haven't won a game in div 1, get dropped and defeat Plympton who have been winning comfortably most weeks.

I must say, the Under 16 div 1 standard is very high, it is very quick and very high pressured, it's great viewing.

salisbury north probably unlucky to go down, been competitive in most games. Unless they requested to go down i think they wouldve got a few wins before end of year,
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 24, 2021 1:21 pm

beef wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:There must be a fair gap between div 1 and div 2 boys under 16 comps.

salisbury north probably unlucky to go down, been competitive in most games. Unless they requested to go down i think they wouldve got a few wins before end of year,

Definitely didn't request to go down, they had been well poised at half time of each game.

Goodwood requested to go up as they were flogging everybody.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon May 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

A teenage umpire was assaulted during a junior football game at Edwardstown on Sunday.

As reported on Adelaide Now:

A melee between players on the field led to parents and spectators becoming involved at about 6.30pm.
During the incident, a man was grabbed from behind and tackled to the ground.
A boy umpiring the game attempted to intervene but was hit.
The boy was treated for facial injuries and the man was not injured.

A quick look at the SANFL Juniors fixture shows it was during an U17.5 Girls game between Edwardstown & Ingle Farm.

Police are investigating claims a 14-year-old football boundary umpire and his father were assaulted after a fight broke out in a girls’ football match.

Police were called to the Edwardstown Memorial Oval about 6.30pm on Sunday after reports of the melee, and then the assault.

The father says he used his mobile phone to film the aftermath of the fight between Ingle Farm and Edwardstown in a division under-17 match on Sunday for his son’s protection, but says an Ingle Farm parent “put me in a headlock” to stop him filming and his son was bashed when he came to his aid.

“It was really, really ugly stuff — we are both pretty shaken,” the man said.

“My son was boundary umpiring when a brawl erupted in the final quarter on boundary line in front of the Ingle Farm coaching box.

“I filmed the immediate aftermath on my phone from behind the barriers in case my son or the SANFL needed a record, in the event that it escalated. I was not on the field on in anyone’s face, just using my phone to record what happened.

“I ended up being jumped and assaulted by Ingle Farm spectators. My son came to my aid as an Ingle Farm spectator grabbed me from behind in a choke headlock but then he was punched multiple times in the face and thrown into a bench by the same adult spectator who assaulted me.

“My son is 14 and he was belted by an adult, it was crazy.”

The man has reported the incident to police, the SANFL and both clubs.

The melee occurred between players on the field and involved parents and other people.

It is so far unclear as to how the brawl erupted and how many players and spectators were involved.

The teen umpire was treated at the scene by paramedics for minor facial injuries. The man was not injured.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 24, 2021 2:02 pm

Absolutely disgusting, i hope the person(s) involved are dealt with accordingly by the club, the SANFL and the police.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League