SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Moe » Mon May 27, 2019 9:18 am

Dutchy wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:So the results are In....
The SANFL JUNIORS dropped Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone
down from Div 3 to Div 4 in the U/14 grade.

Results

Flagstaff Hill def Morphettville Pk (4th) by ... 85 pts
Athelstone def Angle Vale (3rd) by 126 pts

Pencil in those two teams for the Grand Final

Well played SANFL JUNIORS

I really hope you are not involved with the kids with that attitude, we got smashed in Div 3 by 96, 46 & 49 points in 1st 3 rounds, so how do you expect us to not be considered to drop down a div?

For what it's worth.
Broken down hack has been involved in junior football for over 40 years.
He has coached more junior football games than anyone i know.
He played over 400 games of footy.
Is a life member of the SFL, and has contributed absolutely countless hours as an official of the club, both as a committee member or match day official.

He is well and truly qualified to make the above statement.
A statement every other club in this division will be making as well.

Dutchy, how do you think the Aldinga kids in 13s and 15s feel after your silver tail club absolutely smashed them last Saturday?
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am

Moe - TOPS!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon May 27, 2019 10:42 am

Moe wrote:[your silver tail club

LMAO
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Moe wrote:If you consider 46 & 49 points smashings, then you haven't been involved in junior sport long enough. You conviniently leave out your 3 point loss, forget to mention you were still scoring ok enough as well.
Please tell me why every player is a permit player, allowing you to swap any player you want in and out of your teams from Saturday/Sunday sides at will. Obviously depends who you are playing in SFL on Saturday who comes out/in.

If, as your club says, you joined Sanfl junior's because you had 30 kids missing out on a game each week, you need to have a minimum of 7 players playing 2 games per weekend, and having under 15 players from your Saturday teams play again on Sunday. I thought you had plenty of kids spare.

You have made a mockery of the rules, and now a mockery of the division.
Lost a few games?
Boo hoo.

And I've been involved in junior sport for 25 years.
This is THE biggest joke I've ever been unfortunate enough to witness.

FACTS - 3 losses in higher Div -

46 point loss = 18 scoring shots to 7
49 point loss = 25 scoring shots to 6
96 point loss = 29 scoring shots to 3

Fair to say we were completely outplayed.

15 of the team that played on Friday night did not play on Saturday = 15 of the team would have not got a game on the weekend, hence why we use this team as a development team, we have had 13 under 13's play thru this team so far and these are the bottom end under 13's (I should know my son is one of them), not 1 of our top end u13's from our Sat comp have played or are going to play SANFL comp.

With the usual set up of these games being on a Sunday, any kid doubling up has already played a game and have a fair bit of sting out of their legs, a Friday night game reverses this obviously, so maybe a touch unlucky in this respect.

Also we were more than happy to stay in Div 3 as the travel in that Div was much better for us.

BTW I love the atmosphere at your club on a Friday night and the $5 pints on tap are pure gold, something I wish we had.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Moe » Mon May 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Moe wrote:If you consider 46 & 49 points smashings, then you haven't been involved in junior sport long enough. You conviniently leave out your 3 point loss, forget to mention you were still scoring ok enough as well.
Please tell me why every player is a permit player, allowing you to swap any player you want in and out of your teams from Saturday/Sunday sides at will. Obviously depends who you are playing in SFL on Saturday who comes out/in.

If, as your club says, you joined Sanfl junior's because you had 30 kids missing out on a game each week, you need to have a minimum of 7 players playing 2 games per weekend, and having under 15 players from your Saturday teams play again on Sunday. I thought you had plenty of kids spare.

You have made a mockery of the rules, and now a mockery of the division.
Lost a few games?
Boo hoo.

And I've been involved in junior sport for 25 years.
This is THE biggest joke I've ever been unfortunate enough to witness.

FACTS - 3 losses in higher Div -

46 point loss = 18 scoring shots to 7
49 point loss = 25 scoring shots to 6
96 point loss = 29 scoring shots to 3

Fair to say we were completely outplayed.

15 of the team that played on Friday night did not play on Saturday = 15 of the team would have not got a game on the weekend, hence why we use this team as a development team, we have had 13 under 13's play thru this team so far and these are the bottom end under 13's (I should know my son is one of them), not 1 of our top end u13's from our Sat comp have played or are going to play SANFL comp.

With the usual set up of these games being on a Sunday, any kid doubling up has already played a game and have a fair bit of sting out of their legs, a Friday night game reverses this obviously, so maybe a touch unlucky in this respect.

Also we were more than happy to stay in Div 3 as the travel in that Div was much better for us.

BTW I love the atmosphere at your club on a Friday night and the $5 pints on tap are pure gold, something I wish we had.

Strange then that in my phone call to the league today, they said you club requested to go down, and your past post asking when it would happen.

Fact:
Flagstaff Hill 23 scoring shots to MPk 3
Athelstone 35 to Angle Vale 3

The atmosphere might have been great around your coaches box and area, but it certainly wasn't at our end. Most of our parents are seething at what has transpired.

You have a plethora of under 13's, great for you. Why not enter into the SANFL under 13 comp then if you want development?
Why not have a second under 13 side in SFL?

Our boys had a fair dinkum, red hot crack Friday night, and could not come within cooee. They are shattered,
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Still don't understand the anger at us, but anyway, time to move on, its one game in middle of May, all kids from both teams having a crack and having fun with their mates representing the club they love, the result is not everything as our kids learnt in our first 4 games. I hope you go well in the rest of the season.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Alright so this might be met with some push back, but I seriously think in lower grades that don’t have score or ladders, there should be a “mercy rule” for one sided game. Restart after a goal with an opposition free kick in the middle or something.

Kids might not be playing for points or wins but some kids just enjoy actually getting a kick or running around near the ball at least.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby beef » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:Alright so this might be met with some push back, but I seriously think in lower grades that don’t have score or ladders, there should be a “mercy rule” for one sided game. Restart after a goal with an opposition free kick in the middle or something.

Kids might not be playing for points or wins but some kids just enjoy actually getting a kick or running around near the ball at least.

I don't mind it. Whatever grade they keep scores should be free for all but games with no score I wouldn't have an issue with it. I know kids basketball when up by 20 you can't defend until ball gets in their half.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby The Ash Man » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:Alright so this might be met with some push back, but I seriously think in lower grades that don’t have score or ladders, there should be a “mercy rule” for one sided game. Restart after a goal with an opposition free kick in the middle or something.

How will you know when to enforce the mercy rule when there’s no scoring? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Its a bit unusual that SANFL juniors has 6/6/6 rule as this makes it harder to stop a dominant team in juniors IMO, when they would want games to be as even as possible
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:32 pm

The Ash Man wrote:How will you know when to enforce the mercy rule when there’s no scoring? [emoji6]

Certainly a tough one but a feel for the game from the umpires and maybe communicating with the coaches who are onfield in these grades would help.

Thought came because our kids U8’s side is reasonably good - physically bigger and a few real talented sorts.. they rarely get beaten but today played a side that appeared mostly new to footy, who battled hard but were so far out their depth they genuinely were struggling to get the ball.

Our coach moved players around and benched players and tried to change what he could but didn’t matter - our “worst” was equal to their “best”.

30 goals to 1 in an U8’s game, really felt for them.

Credit to the club though their kids were up and about and their coach was encouraging but also directional in his instructions and gave clear exaplanation to players.. he was teaching them more than most coaches at that level.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:How will you know when to enforce the mercy rule when there’s no scoring? [emoji6]

Certainly a tough one but a feel for the game from the umpires and maybe communicating with the coaches who are onfield in these grades would help.

Thought came because our kids U8’s side is reasonably good - physically bigger and a few real talented sorts.. they rarely get beaten but today played a side that appeared mostly new to footy, who battled hard but were so far out their depth they genuinely were struggling to get the ball.

Our coach moved players around and benched players and tried to change what he could but didn’t matter - our “worst” was equal to their “best”.

30 goals to 1 in an U8’s game, really felt for them.

Credit to the club though their kids were up and about and their coach was encouraging but also directional in his instructions and gave clear exaplanation to players.. he was teaching them more than most coaches at that level.

The SANFL need to grade the younger grades, every one knows he the stronger teams are or the clubs certainly do. Last year we had about 36 -U9 Teams, It would be better for everyone to have 3 x grades of 12 etc, with div 1,2,3. Tea Tree Gully ,Modbury,Golden Grove with multi teams, no which teams are stronger or could grade kids into ability so all the kids get something out of the game., in the correct grade. Correct Bedge I know you don't get much out of a game that you win by 20 plus goals or you get is kids learning bad habits. You would rather close games every week to keep more kids interested in playing instead of giving up by the time they reach U12s. If clubs second team played clubs with the same ability, little Johnny would get more of the ball because he has more chance of getting the ball in his team as well because all better players are playing in the higher team. Keep scores in U7's, then grade all clubs in U8s from North and East.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 am

Demon Juke wrote:
The SANFL need to grade the younger grades, every one knows he the stronger teams are or the clubs certainly do. Last year we had about 36 -U9 Teams, It would be better for everyone to have 3 x grades of 12 etc, with div 1,2,3. Tea Tree Gully ,Modbury,Golden Grove with multi teams, no which teams are stronger or could grade kids into ability so all the kids get something out of the game., in the correct grade. Correct Bedge I know you don't get much out of a game that you win by 20 plus goals or you get is kids learning bad habits. You would rather close games every week to keep more kids interested in playing instead of giving up by the time they reach U12s. If clubs second team played clubs with the same ability, little Johnny would get more of the ball because he has more chance of getting the ball in his team as well because all better players are playing in the higher team. Keep scores in U7's, then grade all clubs in U8s from North and East.

I'm pretty sure they do to some degree, well they used to, that way by the time they get to under 11's they get it around about right.

I know when my lad played at Fitzroy they had a gun team, the 2nd and 3rd years he was there they played all the better sides yet there was no points.

I might be wrong but I think the scores might still get submitted.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 am

I watched the Golden Grove Under 14's yesterday, bloody hell they're a good team, I know they have a heap in the Central's development squad but the spine is as good as any junior side I have ever seen.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am

Having no U6 or U7 comp is hurting as well, as a lot of these kids end up just forming another U8's side.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:23 am

The Bedge wrote:Having no U6 or U7 comp is hurting as well, as a lot of these kids end up just forming another U8's side.

There's under 7's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Having no U6 or U7 comp is hurting as well, as a lot of these kids end up just forming another U8's side.

There's under 7's.

Oh fair enough! Thought they cut the 7's and opted for AUSKICK program followed by a short 4-6 wk season - that's why Ingle Farm ended up fielding 3x U8's this season. :?

Never mind then haha!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

There's under 7's.

Oh fair enough! Thought they cut the 7's and opted for AUSKICK program followed by a short 4-6 wk season - that's why Ingle Farm ended up fielding 3x U8's this season. :?

Never mind then haha!

You guys had an U7 team entered in the pre-season carnival at Modbury but withdrew on the day from memory
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

I'm pretty sure they do to some degree, well they used to, that way by the time they get to under 11's they get it around about right.

I know when my lad played at Fitzroy they had a gun team, the 2nd and 3rd years he was there they played all the better sides yet there was no points.

I might be wrong but I think the scores might still get submitted.

Not sure if they do anymore mate, we have 2 teams and our more experienced team last year played some of the new teams and new team played against better teams then we did. I not sure what the answer is but you get big scores in games when you don't keep scores.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:So the results are In....
The SANFL JUNIORS dropped Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone
down from Div 3 to Div 4 in the U/14 grade.

Results

Flagstaff Hill def Morphettville Pk (4th) by ... 85 pts
Athelstone def Angle Vale (3rd) by 126 pts

Pencil in those two teams for the Grand Final

Well played SANFL JUNIORS

After all the commotion a few weeks back, a quick look at the last 2 weeks results and Morphy Parks have beaten the evil Athelstone and Gepps Cross, good to see them playing well.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League