SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Moe wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Alright so this might be met with some push back, but I seriously think in lower grades that don’t have score or ladders, there should be a “mercy rule” for one sided game. Restart after a goal with an opposition free kick in the middle or something.

Kids might not be playing for points or wins but some kids just enjoy actually getting a kick or running around near the ball at least.

It is up to the team manager of either side to approach the other team manager, who then, if both agree it is one sided, approach the umpires at the next quarter break.

The umpires then will start all centre bounces by handing the ball to the ruckman of the losing side. If it stays very lopsided, they can move the bounce to centre half forward of the losing team.

This is how it went when I was coaching under 12's anyway.

The question has been asked, how do you know the score, if scores arent kept?
Trust me, scores are kept. They are just not official, or published.

One thing I'd like to see with the mercy rule is that the 6 6 6 is still enforced even though the mercy rule is in place. What seems to be happening is that opposition flood back, losing all structure. Coaches from opposition teams have said to our coaches that they won't enforce the mercy rule for that exact reason - they lose structure. Take the mercy rule out of it for a second, if in general play a team runs out of the backline, they have structure going forward. With the mercy rule that doesn't and can't happen (currently).
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Moe » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm

I see Dutchy wrote on the Ammo's Div 5 page re Rosewaters 16.5's, and their good sportsmanship.

The same cannot be said for their under 12's, the game played prior to the 16.5's.

There were 3 Rosewater players, all bigger, and not under 12's, intent on just trying to injure our players.
It was terrible to watch kids being punched, elbowed, pushed down behind play, jumped on top of, kicked and generally running amok.
Their coach did nothing, even after one of our boys was cleaned up and taken off the field. Pathetic.

The umps tried their best, but players should have been sent off.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 am

Anyone know the Morphy Park v Lockleys under 16 game score? @moe
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Moe » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:46 am

Brodlach wrote:Anyone know the Morphy Park v Lockleys under 16 game score? @moe

Last i saw, Mpk up by 10 goals, so I assume they won
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Broken Down Hack » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Players being assisted off ground with trainer during finals games cannot come back on no matter the Injury.
Just wondering I watched the girls GF down Richmond last Sunday and a girl had to hope at least 50 meters
to the bench with no assistance from trainers, was later told
if helped off she could no come back on, she looked like she twisted an ankle, she came back on after a bit
Of rest,
I understand player safety but all year players come off with bumps and bruises assisted by trainers and go back on why
Is it different for finals

Thoughts
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:Players being assisted off ground with trainer during finals games cannot come back on no matter the Injury.
Just wondering I watched the girls GF down Richmond last Sunday and a girl had to hope at least 50 meters
to the bench with no assistance from trainers, was later told
if helped off she could no come back on, she looked like she twisted an ankle, she came back on after a bit
Of rest,
I understand player safety but all year players come off with bumps and bruises assisted by trainers and go back on why
Is it different for finals

Thoughts

Because the kids get told to time waste I suspect, there was a clear instance of this in an under 14 match a few weeks ago as a team was coming back from nowhere and drew level only for a player to get a time wasting injury.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Hound » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:12 am

This was in the Div 3 forum.

Anyone shed any light?, hopefully no altercation between supporters.

What happened off field today between Plympton and Unley in the under 15’s for it to be called off? 2 blue cards I’m hearing which is extraordinary in a junior match.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am

The Hound wrote:This was in the Div 3 forum.

What happened off field today between Plympton and Unley in the under 15’s for it to be called off? 2 blue cards I’m hearing which is extraordinary in a junior match.

Yes, I'm keen to hear.

I did hear a siren blew 40 seconds early in an under 14's game when a side was down by 1 point and running the ball into the forward line.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:34 am

I have a lad who has umpired SANFL Juniors in the past. He explained that a blue card is mainly used if there is abuse from the crowd toward the umpires. First offence is a free kick against the offending club. If "supporters" or officials from the same club offend again that's when the second one is issued and game called off.
He had to issue one last year against a club whose coach was very abusive. That kept the coach and his supporters very quiet for the rest of the game.
Haven't heard who was at fault yesterday.
Last edited by Minimum Chips on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:34 am

Blue cards are for use by the umpires for supporter abuse aren't they?

West Croydon's ground was in excellent nick yesterday, good choice for finals, except the visitor change rooms are probably the smallest Ive ever seen, god knows how senior teams use it!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:39 am

Apparently 3 blue cards were issued, one to Unley supporters, two to the Plympton coach.

Appalling for a junior coach to ever get themselves in a situation where they could be issued a blue.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:41 am

jo172 wrote:Apparently 3 blue cards were issued, one to Unley supporters, two to the Plympton coach.

Appalling for a junior coach to ever get themselves in a situation where they could be issued a blue.

Setting a great example for his players!
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:41 am

jo172 wrote:two to the Plympton coach..

:shock:

Thanks for coaching this year mate, but dont bother reapplying next season. Good luck with your future endeavours.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:42 am

The Bedge wrote:

Thanks for coaching this year mate, but dont bother reapplying next season. Good luck with your future endeavours.

Nah a simple piss off, you are not welcome here and find another club would be the go
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:46 am

jo172 wrote:Apparently 3 blue cards were issued, one to Unley supporters, two to the Plympton coach.

So the game got called off somewhere near 3 quarter time?

I've seen some poor umpiring this season but you've just gotta keep your mouth shut, I've seen more good umpires than bad though and I know they'd be making sure they have provide the better ones to the higher grade finals and they certainly wouldn't let someone umpire a game to a club that they are aligned to.

My lad never argues with the umpire, he's had a few shockers this year and he'll generally say on the way home that he knew they were gonna cop the rough end of the stick within the first 10 minutes as the umpire knew all the kids names from the opposition, this is usually the problem with the young lads umpiring their home club because it is close to home, this is where the league should be appointing an observer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:47 am

The Bedge wrote:

Effective immediately, unfortunately they are still alive.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:51 am

Absolutely, if he hasn't been booted out of the club already there is something wrong.

A second blue card to a coach should stop the game and don't recommence until he has driven off in his car.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:53 am

Dutchy wrote:Absolutely, if he hasn't been booted out of the club already there is something wrong.

A second blue card to a coach should stop the game and don't recommence until he has driven off in his car.

A second blue card ends the game anyway doesnt it?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:02 pm

S Demon wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Absolutely, if he hasn't been booted out of the club already there is something wrong.

Yeah I don't know, what if the offending coaches team is ahead on the scoreboard? or is there provision for them losing the game in this instance?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Yeah I don't know, what if the offending coaches team is ahead on the scoreboard? or is there provision for them losing the game in this instance?

8.31.7.1 In the event of a 2nd Blue Card being shown by an umpire/s during the game, then
game will stop and will not re-start.

8.31.7.2 Club/player/spectator/official(s) who responsible for the Blue Card(s) shall be reported
by the umpire(s) on the Incident Forms.

8.31.7.3 In the event of a premiership game being called off;

8.31.7.4 The result shall be deemed a 'forfeit' against the offending team at the discretion of
the SANFL Juniors Competition Management Staff in consultation with the SANFL
Juniors Umpire Coordinator.

8.31.7.5 In a case in which both teams contribute to the game being called off, no premiership
points shall be awarded.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League