SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Dols » Tue May 25, 2021 8:00 pm

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Dols wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[quote="Brodlach"]Good question especially when boundary umpires at that level are volunteers from each club.

That's the bit I'm not getting.
U17.5 girls have paid field and boundary umpires allocated by the SANFL at most games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh really, I am surprised they have paid boundary umpires

Only div 1 have official boundary I think.[/quote]Nope. Daughter plays in the div 2 comp and most weeks boundary umpires are supplied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stan » Wed May 26, 2021 2:35 am

Yank Man wrote:My question is.... how did the media get this filming in the first place, Adelaide Now went with story, and the filming first and the rest of the media vultures followed suit. Who gave the filming to Adelaide now??? It was taken on a phone so how did they get it. Terrible story for girls footy, but footy in general.
Whenever a brawl or something happens in really any part of life you can expect someone to get there phone out and start recording. Then before they contact either the club or association you can expect them to supply it to the media. Nothing is more certain in this day and age that people are looking to blow something up.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 am

Yank Man wrote:My question is.... how did the media get this filming in the first place, Adelaide Now went with story, and the filming first and the rest of the media vultures followed suit. Who gave the filming to Adelaide now??? It was taken on a phone so how did they get it. Terrible story for girls footy, but footy in general.

It happened though

Whether it was in the media or not doesn't change what occurred

Worrying about the PR should be a long way down the list of concerns
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:15 pm

I think the SANFL would be trying to find out
Attachments
SANFLJ 9.6.png
SANFLJ 9.6.png (50.88 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Trader » Wed May 26, 2021 1:16 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

I think the SANFL would be trying to find out

Fairly sure there isn't much 'trying' needed. It's clearly the umpires dad!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Bluedemon » Wed May 26, 2021 2:31 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Serious question - at what point does an official (umpire) become "not an official"? e.g. when the game is over, when they've left the field of play, when they're in their car?

If the game has ended, and the umpire elects to leave the field of play to intervene in an altercation in the stands can they really still be classed as being in an official capacity?

yes
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bluedemon » Wed May 26, 2021 2:34 pm

the video should have been sent to the SANFL first, not the Media
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Wed May 26, 2021 2:40 pm

26 May 2021

SANFL Statement

The SANFL has today handed down one-match sanctions to two junior players from Ingle Farm and Edwardstown football clubs for striking in an U17.5 Girls Division 2 match on Sunday, May 23.

A detailed investigation into club officials and spectator involvement following the on-field incident, which resulted in the match being called off by the field umpire midway through the fourth quarter, is continuing to determine appropriate sanctions.

Ingle Farm Football Club has informed SANFL Juniors that it will be withdrawing from the U17.5 Girls Division 2 competition for the remainder of the season.

The investigation into the incident involving an alleged assault on a spectator and junior boundary umpire on Sunday also is ongoing, with the League’s Integrity and Compliance Manager assisting SAPOL with its enquiries.

The incident from the weekend comes on the back of an increasing number of concerning reports of inappropriate behaviour this season.

This includes an incident on Sunday, May 16 which resulted in SANFL sanctioning a spectator over his involvement in an on-field melee at half-time of an U16s Boys Division 3 match between Gaza and Woodville South football clubs. The offending male has been banned from attending any junior football match for 18 months and ordered to attend an anti-violence education session.

In accordance with SANFL Juniors policy, that match was also called off by the field umpire following consultation with both teams’ officials. Subsequently, both teams were suspended from playing last weekend.

SANFL CEO Darren Chandler today said:

“We are appalled and disappointed by what has occurred over the past two weeks at SANFL Juniors matches.

While these incidents are severe, unfortunately they follow a growing pattern of unacceptable behaviour this season.

As a League, we simply cannot continue to tolerate these kinds of incidents.

We set very clear behavioural expectations for participants, coaches and spectators in community football and have zero tolerance for anyone who is in breach of our code of conduct at junior matches.

Unfortunately, the frequency with which we are receiving reports of unacceptable behaviour calls for stronger action. We also need to find ways to help our clubs to assist in enforcing these behavioural guidelines.

This responsibility ultimately relies on all club officials and, in particular, coaches to set the example for their players and spectators.

This latest penalty should act as a warning to all spectators attending junior matches that this type of inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.

We have over 13,000 players in National Pharmacies SANFL Juniors with the majority of players, volunteers and spectators doing the right thing. Unfortunately a minority are tarnishing what’s a great competition and experience for our kids.”
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 26, 2021 4:13 pm

One game each for striking seems pretty leniant. If you stop the fighting on the field, it goes a long way to stopping the fighting off the field. They need to get the balance of consequences right.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 26, 2021 4:26 pm

Media absolutely milking this for all it's worth at the moment.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 26, 2021 4:27 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:One game each for striking seems pretty leniant. If you stop the fighting on the field, it goes a long way to stopping the fighting off the field. They need to get the balance of consequences right.

One game is very lenient for striking.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 26, 2021 4:30 pm

I look forward to having a live press conference for every suspension received for red cards moving forward.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed May 26, 2021 6:19 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:One game each for striking seems pretty leniant. If you stop the fighting on the field, it goes a long way to stopping the fighting off the field. They need to get the balance of consequences right.

I'm happy for them to be lenient when it comes to kids.
Adults have had enough time to learn to control their emotions and deserve the full wack from the tribunal.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 26, 2021 6:44 pm

A man has been arrested this afternoon following an investigation into alleged assaults at a junior football game at Edwardstown on Sunday.

About 6.30pm on Sunday 23 May, police were called to the Edwardstown Memorial Oval following reports that a teenage umpire and another man had been assaulted during a football game.

The boy was treated at the scene by SA Ambulance for minor facial injuries. The man was not injured.

Following investigations, Southern District Police arrested a 44-year-old Ingle Farm man this afternoon. He has been charged with two counts of assault and one count of affray.

Anyone with information regarding this incident who has not yet spoken to police is asked to contact Crime Stoppers South Australia on 1800 333 000.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Trader wrote:

Adults have had enough time to learn to control their emotions and deserve the full wack from the tribunal.

Kids? .... it's an U17.5 competition. A lot of them are old enough to drive cars. They need to have zero tolerance to on field violence and back it up with harsher penalties.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby gadj1976 » Thu May 27, 2021 11:15 am

Trader wrote:

Hmm, ok. So let's go through a hypothetical situation. One kid strikes another causing an all in brawl, including parents and spectators. Do you still think you should be lenient on the kids?

I think they should be punished as adults would, even if it happened in an early premiership grade (u12's).
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Ronnie » Thu May 27, 2021 11:32 am

I think they should be punished as adults would, even if it happened in an early premiership grade (u12's).[/quote]

If your talking under 12's then yes I would expect an adult to be punished more severely than a 12 year old. If a 45 year old can't show more self control than a minor then that person has some real issues to deal with. By u17's age probably not such a factor.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 27, 2021 11:57 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Trader wrote:

Hmm, ok. So let's go through a hypothetical situation. One kid strikes another causing an all in brawl, including parents and spectators. Do you still think you should be lenient on the kids?

I think they should be punished as adults would, even if it happened in an early premiership grade (u12's).

If adults resort to violence and severe misconduct over juniors fighting then they need to have a serious good hard look at themselves. It’s not hard to see where the kids aggression comes from...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 27, 2021 1:56 pm

I'm so flat today.. this whole IF thing is deflating - I can't imagine how the junior committee at the club is coping.

It's so incredibly disappointing that this incident seems to have allowed people to react in such venomous ways, and not just on social media.

My girls and their U10's side were treated to people screaming abuse out their car windows at them while they trained, the U14 kids received the same on Tuesday night.

A mate of mine completing his job doing deliveries had a bottle thrown at him and informed he's a feral c**t for wearing an IF beanie.

The coach of the girls side pulled has received threats, and the MDO who was seen on the video is copping plenty because people think he's the dude who committed the assault.

Apparently the Ingle Farm FB account is being bombarded with abusive messages from people who feel it's their right and obligation to join the crusade.

So many innocent and good people who have NOTHING to do with this shit except be from the same club are copping it - and when the abuse begins to get directed to little kids then that's just not ******* on!

One dude.. ONE ******* DUDE.. from a club of a dozen junior sides and 3 senior sides - and a guy who i've NEVER met or seen in my years at the club.

The senior footy has had a checkered past, but you'd have to go back to 2014 that i can recall a junior incident - and that was U18's which resulted in the club electing not to field an 18s moving forward.. even snr footy, with the exception of the covid drama last season which was just dumb, onfield there really hasn't been any issues since the 2015 C grade incident.

Ingle Farm is a community club that provides for cricket, football, netball, basketball etc. and a lot of good families invovled.

Please for the love of god, don't take the anger and frustration out on people who don't deserve it. :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu May 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Bravo Bedgey .... Go the Farmers!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext