SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon May 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How was this ground marshall yesterday, firstly she told a 5 year old kid off for kicking the ball near the goals during quarter of a game, when the mum went to ask what the problem was she told her "no one is allowed on the oval at all during any break".
Secondly "When the players from the game after went to do a warm up at half time of the same game, she ordered them off the field.
Then, another young un and his dad was ordered off the field while having a kick, the dad told her he aint moving, she then rang the club secretary to tell her and that the club will be fined.

Ground Marshall basically is there to control their own mob, not the opposition. If there's any grief they approach the oppositions ground marshall. If no action is taken the club rep steps up.
As a junior club rep for around 6 years I could write pages on the behavior of coaches, runners, parents & ground marshalls.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How was this ground marshall yesterday, firstly she told a 5 year old kid off for kicking the ball near the goals during quarter of a game, when the mum went to ask what the problem was she told her "no one is allowed on the oval at all during any break".
Secondly "When the players from the game after went to do a warm up at half time of the same game, she ordered them off the field.
Then, another young un and his dad was ordered off the field while having a kick, the dad told her he aint moving, she then rang the club secretary to tell her and that the club will be fined.

Ground Marshall basically is there to control their own mob, not the opposition. If there's any grief they approach the oppositions ground marshall. If no action is taken the club rep steps up.
As a junior club rep for around 6 years I could write pages on the behavior of coaches, runners, parents & ground marshalls.

Yep, if there's nothing sinister going on, just stand there with your vest on and be happy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Cheers, all pretty close then, St Mary's visually probably looks smaller due to the fence around it, what these measurements don't cover is how wide the pockets are on some grounds so some might actually have more space while being smaller in length and width.

Were you runner?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Cheers, all pretty close then, St Mary's visually probably looks smaller due to the fence around it, what these measurements don't cover is how wide the pockets are on some grounds so some might actually have more space while being smaller in length and width.

Were you runner?

haha no.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Demon Juke » Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 pm

mickey wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
mickey wrote:Blackwood under 16 girls are scarily good... most teams so far have 3-6 that can actually play, i think Blackwood have 15+

Watched Blackwood vs Hope Valley today while I was cooking the BBQ at Hope Valley, Agree Blackwood by about 80 to 100 points.

Do you cook the BBQ every week Demon? will be needing to sample the goods Friday night

No sorry mate, just doing our turn. I am sure there will still be good food on Friday for you Mickey :D
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Hound » Thu May 09, 2019 11:47 am

Thoughts on clubs filming games without the consent of the opposition?
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Trader » Thu May 09, 2019 11:54 am

The Hound wrote:Thoughts on clubs filming games without the consent of the opposition?

Completely fine.

This isn't a case of an old man going to the beach and recording kids in their bathers, it's clearly about recording sport, not something untoward.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 09, 2019 11:58 am

The Hound wrote:Thoughts on clubs filming games without the consent of the opposition?

It's illegal, more of a blight on society that it's illegal IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 14, 2019 11:49 am

Regrading happens this week is that right?

Does that mean all fixtures this weeks could change or is simply only the teams that go up/down replace each other?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:Regrading happens this week is that right?

Does that mean all fixtures this weeks could change or is simply only the teams that go up/down replace each other?

There may be some slight jigging of the program to cater for oval availability, I'm sure the league will try and keep this to a minimal.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks LM, can't be easy for the league.

How was your trip to Lofty?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Dutchy wrote:Thanks LM, can't be easy for the league.

Absolutely horrible mate, we had a couple of lads not make the trip due to injuries, my lad done his driver in the first quarter and tried playing on as long as he could but will now miss his Central's game this week and who knows how many more, we lost our 2 best player and only ruckman in the 2nd to a head knock that he didn't even remember happening, and then we got absolutely pantsed.

A late in the day game with a long travel may have played a part but we were very ordinary.

On another note, another club I used to be involved with were having problems with the under 7 coach and needed some desperate help in a hurry, so at 9am Sunday I went and coached a bunch of under 7's that I had never met before or their parents, it was a bit daunting and different but I must admit, it was fun in the end once they learned my rules.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Sounds like a dirty day, my cousin's lad plays at Lofty so looked up the result and presumed it was your lad's team they played.

Good work helping out with the u7's, Ive been going to SFL u8 games as my 12yo is now umpiring them and you got to love the kids enthusiasm at that age.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Moe » Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Really disappointed with the regrading in Under 14s.

2 teams, Flagstaff & Athelstone come down to our division, no teams go up.
My lads team at Morphy Park are sitting precariously in 4th, but now have to play all the top teams twice, and the bottom teams once, plus the teams coming down twice. 2 x trips to Salisbury West, 1 to Salisbury and 1 to Angle Vale. Only Angle Vale have a return trip. 2 trips to Portland, no return game.
We got belted last weekend by Gepps Cross at home, and now they have to travel back to our ground in 2 weeks again.

This group of boys have stuck phat since under 8's, 8 of them will reach their 100th game this season. They have copped belting after belting but stuck together. Now, with a slight glimmer of hope, maybe a finals appearance, back to square 1. I looked at Flaggies scores, and they certainly werent disgraced in the higher division. Who knows what Athelstone are like.

To make things worse, we are now scheduled for a Friday night game next week. Unfortunately, my roster is done. Great, I'm team manager & first aid officer. :evil:

in under 12's, my other lads team has been pummelled unmercifully, yet no changes in that division. This team is half girls and they have been copping a pounding. Where is the regrading here?

2 seasons ago, in the under 12 division my son played in was a farce. West Croydon got smashed in their first 3 games. All over 20 goals. The league then allowed at least 4 playdown players, 1 who was 14, (so should have been playing 15's, not bloody 12's), big, strong and good. They went on to win the premiership, losing 1 game for the rest of the season. The 14 year old was runner up in the medal as well.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 am

As I said it must be very hard for the comp managers to balance all this, not everyone is going to be happy, more good comes from the re-grading than bad I would have thought and we are only 4 games into the season.

We have 12 under 13's rolling thru our u14 team and from our perspective it is a development team, getting weekly games into kids that would have only got games irregularly if we didn't enter the SANFL.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 16, 2019 10:30 am

Moe wrote:

Really disappointed with the regrading in Under 14s.

2 teams, Flagstaff & Athelstone come down to our division, no teams go up.
My lads team at Morphy Park are sitting precariously in 4th, but now have to play all the top teams twice, and the bottom teams once, plus the teams coming down twice. 2 x trips to Salisbury West, 1 to Salisbury and 1 to Angle Vale. Only Angle Vale have a return trip. 2 trips to Portland, no return game.
We got belted last weekend by Gepps Cross at home, and now they have to travel back to our ground in 2 weeks again.

This group of boys have stuck phat since under 8's, 8 of them will reach their 100th game this season. They have copped belting after belting but stuck together. Now, with a slight glimmer of hope, maybe a finals appearance, back to square 1. I looked at Flaggies scores, and they certainly werent disgraced in the higher division. Who knows what Athelstone are like.

To make things worse, we are now scheduled for a Friday night game next week. Unfortunately, my roster is done. Great, I'm team manager & first aid officer. :evil:

in under 12's, my other lads team has been pummelled unmercifully, yet no changes in that division. This team is half girls and they have been copping a pounding. Where is the regrading here?

2 seasons ago, in the under 12 division my son played in was a farce. West Croydon got smashed in their first 3 games. All over 20 goals. The league then allowed at least 4 playdown players, 1 who was 14, (so should have been playing 15's, not bloody 12's), big, strong and good. They went on to win the premiership, losing 1 game for the rest of the season. The 14 year old was runner up in the medal as well.

Yeah, I thought the 14's regrading wasn't great.

2 teams came down from div 1 and none went up, there's a fair divide in div 2.

Pooraka have won the past two div 2 north premierships but have avoided promotion, on the back of 4 losses this season (not schlackings) they have gone down to div 3 along with TTG who are also 0-3 (who we only just beat), Pooraka were a lot closer in margin than we were against Mt Lofty and CLG.

We have lost players this season, we were gifted a relatively easy start to the season which has kept us in div 2, we wont make finals, we'll be in the bottom 3 or 4 but as one of the coach's I'm cool with that, the kids need to lose games to appreciate winning.

One thing that really jacks me though is the bias umpiring when playing far from home, so far in both our long journey games we've had one of the umps absolute smash us while the other one has been great, even chucked a couple of cheap ones our way to try and make amends, our home game the umpiring was great in a cliff-hanger and our trip to TTG was very well umpired. The umpiring last season was exceptional all season when we were zoned, I'm the last person to whinge about umpiring but it's bloody hard when you know that a 16/17 year old knows all the kids from the opposition very well and makes it bleedinlgy obvious.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 16, 2019 10:33 am

Moe wrote:2 seasons ago, in the under 12 division my son played in was a farce. West Croydon got smashed in their first 3 games. All over 20 goals. The league then allowed at least 4 playdown players, 1 who was 14, (so should have been playing 15's, not bloody 12's), big, strong and good. They went on to win the premiership, losing 1 game for the rest of the season. The 14 year old was runner up in the medal as well.

Same thing happened last year with Para Hills U12's lol.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 16, 2019 10:50 am

I agree @lightning McQueen, we got smashed by the umpires at Elizabeth last week :lol:

(Made no difference to the result)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 16, 2019 10:53 am

Do you think the long trips has something to do with the away teams perhaps? Our lads were so “off” last week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am

Brodlach wrote:Do you think the long trips has something to do with the away teams perhaps? Our lads were so “off” last week

Yep, we had a late game and an 80 minute travel, I think the kids get a bit sleepy, especially being a bit of a chilly day so the heater was probably on in the car for the trip.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League