SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 am

Brodlach wrote:I agree @lightning McQueen, we got smashed by the umpires at Elizabeth last week :lol:

(Made no difference to the result)

Same, we got belted by one umpire, the other was very good, we were very ordinary though so there was no blaming them guys, same as when we played your lot, we were ordinary and had one very good umpire and one that was poop and didn't mind being a smart arse about it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 16, 2019 11:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Do you think the long trips has something to do with the away teams perhaps? Our lads were so “off” last week

Yep, we had a late game and an 80 minute travel, I think the kids get a bit sleepy, especially being a bit of a chilly day so the heater was probably on in the car for the trip.

Get them to have a snooze then! ;) we have our waterbag trip to Eastern park this week, our 14's now have a Angle Vale trip booked, all part of the fun!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 am

Dutchy wrote:
Get them to have a snooze then! ;) we have our waterbag trip to Eastern park this week, our 14's now have a Angle Vale trip booked, all part of the fun!

Probably works out worse, next time I'm going to blare out a party mix CD for the journey, I always played better when I was up and about with some good tunes stuck in my cranium.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Probably works out worse, next time I'm going to blare out a party mix CD for the journey, I always played better when I was up and about with some good tunes stuck in my cranium.

Not sure they will be into Barry Manilow
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Not sure they will be into Barry Manilow

If you can't play a good game after having Copacabana on repeat for an hour, you're never going to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 am

Pretty impressed with the Modbury U13 coach yesterday - came upstairs to Ingle Farm after a heavy loss and spoke at preso, congratulated and said a few nice words to one of the young lads playing his 100th game.

Granted there may be a bit of a connection there between him and the previous coach, and he’s coached against the kid a number of years now but I thought it was a really good gesture and certainly was received warmly by all.

Modbury - Tops!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Nice to hear Bedge, was tempted to go in for a beer at Eastern park yesterday but we had a long drive home ahead of us!

Congrats to our 14's who had their first win of the year yesterday and for Athelstone coming to Flaggy twice in a week, look forward to heading to Twisty Park on Friday night
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Moe » Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:Nice to hear Bedge, was tempted to go in for a beer at Eastern park yesterday but we had a long drive home ahead of us!

Congrats to our 14's who had their first win of the year yesterday and for Athelstone coming to Flaggy twice in a week, look forward to heading to Twisty Park on Friday night

Well Dutchy, we look forward to hosting Flaggies.

I'm hoping for a good game, more evenly matched than ladder positions would suggest. We had a massive upset win against Angle Vale @ Angle Vale last week, but there are some mysterious happenings with teams & team sheets thus far I have seen.

Clubs with Saturday under 14 comp teams seem to be chopping and changing their squads weekly, due to who they are playing on the day. Angle Vale have 8 permit players, but only 3 played against us, which made a difference. How many are teams allowed. 8 seems excessive.
The Gepps Cross side who flogged us the week before are very strong, and it surprised me they lost to Angle Vale.

I expect a vastly different AV team next game.

We have 1 squad. 22 players. 8 under 13's. Its a struggle every week.

Are Saturday comp players allowed to double up on Sundays?

Wonder what Flaggies team turns up on a Friday night?
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Isn’t the rule that if a club has two teams in the one age division that they need to select 15 players that play only in the ‘top’ team but the rest can swap between teams?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Informer » Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 am

Here is a option to all these guessing games and questions asked on here, ring the League! Im sure they will help, (08) 8424 2200, while your there send in your work roster to help them with next seasons scheduling early. Im sure they will be grateful.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 24, 2019 9:34 am

The Informer wrote:Here is a option to all these guessing games and questions asked on here, ring the League! Im sure they will help, (08) 8424 2200, while your there send in your work roster to help them with next seasons scheduling early. Im sure they will be grateful.

Thank you, we thought we might bounce off each other rather than flood the league with petty enquiries.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 24, 2019 11:06 am

Moe wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Nice to hear Bedge, was tempted to go in for a beer at Eastern park yesterday but we had a long drive home ahead of us!

Well Dutchy, we look forward to hosting Flaggies.

I'm hoping for a good game, more evenly matched than ladder positions would suggest. We had a massive upset win against Angle Vale @ Angle Vale last week, but there are some mysterious happenings with teams & team sheets thus far I have seen.

Clubs with Saturday under 14 comp teams seem to be chopping and changing their squads weekly, due to who they are playing on the day. Angle Vale have 8 permit players, but only 3 played against us, which made a difference. How many are teams allowed. 8 seems excessive.
The Gepps Cross side who flogged us the week before are very strong, and it surprised me they lost to Angle Vale.

I expect a vastly different AV team next game.

We have 1 squad. 22 players. 8 under 13's. Its a struggle every week.

Are Saturday comp players allowed to double up on Sundays?

Wonder what Flaggies team turns up on a Friday night?

8 permit players? I presume that is 8 over aged players? How do they get away with that?

Our squad is pure u14's plus u13's (we have 6 playing tonight from a quick count, including my lad) the u13's that play in our u14's are the ones not selected to play on Saturday so they all get a game of footy on the weekend (hence why we are in the SANFL juniors)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 24, 2019 11:08 am

Dutchy wrote:
8 permit players? I presume that is 8 over aged players? How do they get away with that?

Our squad is pure u14's plus u13's (we have 6 playing tonight from a quick count, including my lad) the u13's that play in our u14's are the ones not selected to play on Saturday so they all get a game of footy on the weekend (hence why we are in the SANFL juniors)

The permits aren't overage players, they are ones that play in the APFL on a Saturday for Angle Vale.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 24, 2019 11:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

The permits aren't overage players, they are ones that play in the APFL on a Saturday for Angle Vale.

Ahh that makes more sense, well all of our 22 are permit players then!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 24, 2019 11:13 am

The Informer wrote:Here is a option to all these guessing games and questions asked on here, ring the League! Im sure they will help, (08) 8424 2200, while your there send in your work roster to help them with next seasons scheduling early. Im sure they will be grateful.

Unlike other comps where you know many others at other clubs this is a good place to discuss the comp and a few of its intricacies without bothering HQ.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am

Dutchy wrote:
Ahh that makes more sense, well all of our 22 are permit players then!

Probably different rules, I see it on their team sheets when I umpire out there, I know that they are definitely within the age group.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Broken Down Hack » Sun May 26, 2019 7:06 pm

So the results are In....
The SANFL JUNIORS dropped Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone
down from Div 3 to Div 4 in the U/14 grade.

Results

Flagstaff Hill def Morphettville Pk (4th) by ... 85 pts
Athelstone def Angle Vale (3rd) by 126 pts

Pencil in those two teams for the Grand Final

Well played SANFL JUNIORS
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Brodlach wrote:Isn’t the rule that if a club has two teams in the one age division that they need to select 15 players that play only in the ‘top’ team but the rest can swap between teams?

Yes. Correct. RPL (Restricted Player List) needs to be lodged before Rd 3.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:So the results are In....

Results

I really hope you are not involved with the kids with that attitude, we got smashed in Div 3 by 96, 46 & 49 points in 1st 3 rounds, so how do you expect us to not be considered to drop down a div?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Moe » Mon May 27, 2019 7:43 am

Dutchy wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:So the results are In....

Results

I really hope you are not involved with the kids with that attitude, we got smashed in Div 3 by 96, 46 & 49 points in 1st 3 rounds, so how do you expect us to not be considered to drop down a div?

If you consider 46 & 49 points smashings, then you haven't been involved in junior sport long enough. You conviniently leave out your 3 point loss, forget to mention you were still scoring ok enough as well.
Please tell me why every player is a permit player, allowing you to swap any player you want in and out of your teams from Saturday/Sunday sides at will. Obviously depends who you are playing in SFL on Saturday who comes out/in.

If, as your club says, you joined Sanfl junior's because you had 30 kids missing out on a game each week, you need to have a minimum of 7 players playing 2 games per weekend, and having under 15 players from your Saturday teams play again on Sunday. I thought you had plenty of kids spare.

You have made a mockery of the rules, and now a mockery of the division.
Lost a few games?
Boo hoo.

And I've been involved in junior sport for 25 years.
This is THE biggest joke I've ever been unfortunate enough to witness.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League