Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Part 3 of 1978
Attachments
Reserves.jpg
Reserves.jpg (68.53 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:00 pm

1979 Grand Final Program 1 of 4
Attachments
front cover.jpg
front cover.jpg (53.7 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Premiership Tables pg 7.jpg
Premiership Tables pg 7.jpg (61.64 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Reserves.jpg
Reserves.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:04 pm

1979 2 of 4
Attachments
Pen Pics Flinders Pk pg 12.jpg
Pen Pics Flinders Pk pg 12.jpg (55.27 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
Pen Pics Flinders Pk pg 13.jpg
Pen Pics Flinders Pk pg 13.jpg (62.74 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
Pen Pics Ingle Farm pg 14.jpg
Pen Pics Ingle Farm pg 14.jpg (64.16 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:05 pm

1979 3 of 4
Attachments
Pen Pics Ingle Farm pg 15.jpg
Pen Pics Ingle Farm pg 15.jpg (69.55 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:07 pm

1979 4 of 4
Attachments
Ingle Farm Team.jpg
Ingle Farm Team.jpg (64.46 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Flinders Park team.jpg
Flinders Park team.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Leading Goalkickers.jpg
Leading Goalkickers.jpg (52.71 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 pm

That's brilliant stuff Ye Olde Place Kick! Do you have a lot of SAFA memorabilia?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24694
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1223 times
Been liked: 1697 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:That's brilliant stuff Ye Olde Place Kick! Do you have a lot of SAFA memorabilia?


No sorry FC, did play in the SAFA for a year or two near the end but picked those two programs up from Toss of the Coin a few years back. May be give Gerry a ring he did have some of the the old Footy times like yours, may still have some or other old SAFA material. Think I might have one or two Times somewhere, if I find them will post.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 pm

bulldogs wrote:1991 3 in a row. I’m in this one CC


Pretty young there mate ;)
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
User avatar
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Oval Avenue
Has liked: 367 times
Been liked: 156 times
Grassroots Team: Mannum

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby bulldogs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:16 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:
bulldogs wrote:1991 3 in a row. I’m in this one CC


Pretty young there mate ;)


Only 2o there HBF , 3 flags, very lucky man. Won another 2 by 97 and retired. Got pretty lucky won 6 junior flags also.
How good are the old farmers back in 1979. Club was pumping then. Won 6 out of 8 junior premierships that ear and lost the other 2.
bulldogs
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Fools Gold » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:27 am

Anything on STA/TransAdelaide would be brilliant.
Fools Gold
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:01 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 am

Fools Gold wrote:Anything on STA/TransAdelaide would be brilliant.


Actually, i reckon there were a few weekly write ups that mentioned them..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24694
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1223 times
Been liked: 1697 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm

bulldogs wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
bulldogs wrote:1991 3 in a row. I’m in this one CC


Pretty young there mate ;)


Only 2o there HBF , 3 flags, very lucky man. Won another 2 by 97 and retired. Got pretty lucky won 6 junior flags also.
How good are the old farmers back in 1979. Club was pumping then. Won 6 out of 8 junior premierships that ear and lost the other 2.


Yeah i sure remember those great days at the club as a kid. George Stewart doing the renovations and seeing the Clarke boys quite young running around.......oh the memories LOL
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
User avatar
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Oval Avenue
Has liked: 367 times
Been liked: 156 times
Grassroots Team: Mannum

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:19 pm

SAFA 1978 State Game 1 of 3
Attachments
SAFA 1978.jpg
SAFA 1978.jpg (140.04 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Editorial.jpg
Editorial.jpg (170.79 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Pictures.jpg
Pictures.jpg (265.64 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:21 pm

State Game 2 of 3
Attachments
Under 18 Game.jpg
Under 18 Game.jpg (155.29 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
State Teams.jpg
State Teams.jpg (138.05 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:22 pm

State Game 3 of 3
Attachments
Pen Pics SA.jpg
Pen Pics SA.jpg (188.29 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Pen Pics SA & VIC.jpg
Pen Pics SA & VIC.jpg (186.51 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Pen Pics VIC.jpg
Pen Pics VIC.jpg (181.83 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:26 am

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:1979 2 of 4


I'm guessing Trevor Ellis is the same bloke who played for many years at Western Youth Centre Cricket Club.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 40578
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3562 times
Been liked: 6067 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby bulldogs » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
bulldogs wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
bulldogs wrote:1991 3 in a row. I’m in this one CC


Pretty young there mate ;)


Only 2o there HBF , 3 flags, very lucky man. Won another 2 by 97 and retired. Got pretty lucky won 6 junior flags also.
How good are the old farmers back in 1979. Club was pumping then. Won 6 out of 8 junior premierships that ear and lost the other 2.


Yeah i sure remember those great days at the club as a kid. George Stewart doing the renovations and seeing the Clarke boys quite young running around.......oh the memories LOL

You would of been too young to remember the 79 GF. I was only 8, we rode in the back of Tony Glen’s truck to the game. Bout 40 kids in there
bulldogs
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:47 pm

A few of us have been compiling this for a number of years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Australian_Football_Association_(1978%E2%80%9395)
User avatar
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 267 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:A few of us have been compiling this for a number of years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Australian_Football_Association_(1978%E2%80%9395)


nICE

You can probably update a few bits and pieces with the help of us here too -
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24694
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1223 times
Been liked: 1697 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby marbles » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Henleys SAFA medalists for your wiki...

1992 Matthew Wormald D1 SAFA
1991 Andrew Horsnell D1 SAFA
1990 Chris Cox D3 SAFA
1987 Paul Edwards D4 SAFA
1986 Tony Demasi U18 SAFA
1982 Dean O’Loughlin D2R SAFA
User avatar
marbles
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3704
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:27 pm
Location: Titan
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 230 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests