Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
DOC wrote:Thanks.


Most of the feature stories tend to come from the top divs (of course)

For example, this was from the A3 write up from 25/07/1991 - probably a bad example because BK got flogged so not much of a mention :lol:


On the right hand side of that picture FC, is the Hectorville write up (partly obscured). I was at the club at the time so I'd be keen to see that if you have a chance - thankyou!



That I can do :)
saafl2.jpg
(204.03 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Check out the ladders , Woody South is the only club still in existence in A6.. Looks like their C grade.

Greenacres in A1
West Croydon in A2

ladder.jpg
(282.67 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 pm

That’d be 1991. Kenilworth went on to play Woody South in the Elimination Final @ The Bay. Reckon we went down by 7 goal. I was only very very young.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:That’d be 1991. Kenilworth went on to play Woody South in the Elimination Final @ The Bay. Reckon we went down by 7 goal. I was only very very young.


When was the merged year Timmy, 1990? I've got papers from that year too
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 am

86-90. My earliest memories of footy are the 1990 2nd Semi Final at Mitcham where KCLGFC def Seaton Ramblers. The result was reversed at Prospect 2 weeks later. That was Seatons last A Grade Premiership I reckon.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
DOC wrote:Thanks.


Most of the feature stories tend to come from the top divs (of course)

For example, this was from the A3 write up from 25/07/1991 - probably a bad example because BK got flogged so not much of a mention :lol:


On the right hand side of that picture FC, is the Hectorville write up (partly obscured). I was at the club at the time so I'd be keen to see that if you have a chance - thankyou!



That I can do :)
saafl2.jpg


Thanks FC. I remember that day. I reckon I played B's coming back from a shoulder injury and hardly got a touch.
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7013
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 392 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby marbles » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:57 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Most of the feature stories tend to come from the top divs (of course)

For example, this was from the A3 write up from 25/07/1991 - probably a bad example because BK got flogged so not much of a mention :lol:


On the right hand side of that picture FC, is the Hectorville write up (partly obscured). I was at the club at the time so I'd be keen to see that if you have a chance - thankyou!



That I can do :)
saafl2.jpg


Thanks FC. I remember that day. I reckon I played B's coming back from a shoulder injury and hardly got a touch.


Id still put you in the agrade the following week #superstar
User avatar
marbles
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3822
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:27 pm
Location: Titan
Has liked: 246 times
Been liked: 241 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby morell » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:Is the Mitchell Park Craig Mcrae pre AFL premiership player Craig McRae?

Good find.


No idea @Morell may know... given that paper is from 1991, it's actually possible I suppose, he would've only been around 18 at the time.
Sure is!
User avatar
morell
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 pm
Has liked: 1974 times
Been liked: 1098 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Check out the ladders , Woody South is the only club still in existence in A6.. Looks like their C grade.

Greenacres in A1
West Croydon in A2

ladder.jpg


Yes it was Woodville South's C Grade in A6 they were relgated at the end of 1991and finished bottom of A7 in 1992

Banksia Park still exist today, they are better known as Houghton Districts

Our C grade won the flag that year in A7
Lost the Second Semi to Alberton United
Rolled Colonel Light in the Pre Lim
Then beat Alberton United in a very physical game at Mitcham Oval. Our rover took out their ruckman with the best Hip and Shoulder I have ever seen at that level. We partied hard that night!!!!
Commitment to Excellence
Just Win Baby
User avatar
FOURTH ESTATE
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3104
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: Front Row in the "Black Hole" of the Oakland Alameda County Colisieum
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:That’d be 1991. Kenilworth went on to play Woody South in the Elimination Final @ The Bay. Reckon we went down by 7 goal. I was only very very young.


When was the merged year Timmy, 1990? I've got papers from that year too


Kenilworth & Colonel Light were a merged enity from 1986 -1990

Final Five not introduced into the SAAFL until 2000 in D1
The rest of the A Grade comps in 2002 and the C Grade comps in 2003.

Could never understand why the SAAFL never brought it in earlier it would have made more money for them????
Commitment to Excellence
Just Win Baby
User avatar
FOURTH ESTATE
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3104
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: Front Row in the "Black Hole" of the Oakland Alameda County Colisieum
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:That’d be 1991. Kenilworth went on to play Woody South in the Elimination Final @ The Bay. Reckon we went down by 7 goal. I was only very very young.


When was the merged year Timmy, 1990? I've got papers from that year too


Kenilworth & Colonel Light were a merged enity from 1986 -1990

Final Five not introduced into the SAAFL until 2000 in D1
The rest of the A Grade comps in 2002 and the C Grade comps in 2003.

Could never understand why the SAAFL never brought it in earlier it would have made more money for them????


Elimination Final/1st Semi in those days. Same outcome for the loser.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:14 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:[

Banksia Park still exist today, they are better known as Houghton Districts

!


No need to be a smarty, I meant in none of the clubs exist in the same form or under the same name.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 pm

marbles wrote:Id still put you in the agrade the following week #superstar


Only you and the A grade coach thought the same thing ;-)

I'd like to see what happened the following week cos I reckon I was still a bit rusty/gun shy!
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7013
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 392 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:48 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
marbles wrote:Id still put you in the agrade the following week #superstar


Only you and the A grade coach thought the same thing ;-)

I'd like to see what happened the following week cos I reckon I was still a bit rusty/gun shy!


I'll see what I can find ;-)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm

I found this from the following week, looks like @Zedman had a day out ;-)

kookas.jpg
(262.04 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I found this from the following week, looks like @Zedman had a day out ;-)

kookas.jpg


Some more than handy footballers named right there.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
marbles wrote:Id still put you in the agrade the following week #superstar


Only you and the A grade coach thought the same thing ;-)

I'd like to see what happened the following week cos I reckon I was still a bit rusty/gun shy!


and here you go :)
heccies.jpg
(210.01 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:15 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I found this from the following week, looks like @Zedman had a day out ;-)

kookas.jpg


Some more than handy footballers named right there.


and Mick is not long retired?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24963
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby old fullback » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:17 pm

I do have a lot of SAFA footy budgets from 79 and most SAFA yearly programs, im sure theres premiership winners,etc in there somewhere.
old fullback
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 pm
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I found this from the following week, looks like @Zedman had a day out ;-)

kookas.jpg


Some more than handy footballers named right there.


and Mick is not long retired?


I’ll believe that when I see it.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests