11%
St Peters OC
13%
Tea Tree Gully
9%

Total votes : 54

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:02 pm

How do you know it wasn't a 3 quarter trial.

I think our trial against GG was only 3 quarters.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:How do you know it wasn't a 3 quarter trial.

I think our trial against GG was only 3 quarters.

I know :)
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Thanks for your opinion inallseriousness but my information is that injuries and the heat that were impacting both clubs prompted the Brighton coach to speak to the GG coach nearing 3/4 time and they amicably agreed to end the trial at 3/4 time. Brighton would have played out the game if GG coach insisted but both coaches felt not much would be achieved with another 22 minutes of footy. If I have that wrong based on your sources, so be it, but let's not get too carried away with conditioning, game plan etc. etc. We're the AdFL not AFL.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby oldman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 am

The late mail wrote:Just hearing The sharks will be adding 2 new players to their list. I don’t have any idea on who but a bloke at work who is involved there says it will get people talking. Also that one of the Williams brothers is headed back to tea tree gully after a few years on the sidelines. That should make the a little stronger if he can get fit.

Still haven't seen anything come through on the clearances for the 2 heading to the sharks?? Lets be honest though they need to improve significantly on what they dished up in 2018
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The late mail » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 am

Yes nothing yet but I’m sure something will show up before the weekend. I’ll try find out more. . Also I had the wrong mail from someone on the Williams brother retuning to TTG. It turns out it’s their cousin Wayne Williams. My bad
The late mail
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Roopena

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:26 am

The late mail wrote:Also I had the wrong mail from someone on the Williams brother retuning to TTG. It turns out it’s their cousin Wayne Williams. My bad

So what you're saying is your late mail is no good? :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby The late mail » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am

Unfortunately it was mistaken identity.
The late mail
Mini-League

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:26 pm

oldman wrote:
The late mail wrote:Just hearing The sharks will be adding 2 new players to their list. I don’t have any idea on who but a bloke at work who is involved there says it will get people talking. Also that one of the Williams brothers is headed back to tea tree gully after a few years on the sidelines. That should make the a little stronger if he can get fit.

Still haven't seen anything come through on the clearances for the 2 heading to the sharks?? Lets be honest though they need to improve significantly on what they dished up in 2018

Theres nothing on the clearances u say? Sharks have some ripper recruits in fact all of them are outstanding footballers great to have them all on board :supz:

Come out to henley training tuesday thursday nights if any other players wanna play for a great club.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:37 pm

The late mail wrote:Yes nothing yet but I’m sure something will show up before the weekend. I’ll try find out more. . Also I had the wrong mail from someone on the Williams brother retuning to TTG. It turns out it’s their cousin Wayne Williams. My bad

There is 2 Williams boys going to Hope Valley from Freeling, Not sure if they use to play at the Gullies? Maybe that is who you where thinking about.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:16 am

Demon Juke wrote:
The late mail wrote:Yes nothing yet but I’m sure something will show up before the weekend. I’ll try find out more. . Also I had the wrong mail from someone on the Williams brother retuning to TTG. It turns out it’s their cousin Wayne Williams. My bad

There is 2 Williams boys going to Hope Valley from Freeling, Not sure if they use to play at the Gullies? Maybe that is who you where thinking about.

Will give a lot of teams the willies this year
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:49 am

marbles wrote:
oldman wrote:Still haven't seen anything come through on the clearances for the 2 heading to the sharks?? Lets be honest though they need to improve significantly on what they dished up in 2018

Come out to henley training tuesday thursday nights.

Yeah oldman, go out to Henley training occasionally. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby The late mail » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Yes that’s right. It’s their cousin Wayne Williams that’s appaogone back to the club. All look very similar from what I hear
The late mail
Mini-League

Postby oldman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:40 pm

marbles wrote:
oldman wrote:

Theres nothing on the clearances u say? Sharks have some ripper recruits in fact all of them are outstanding footballers great to have them all on board :supz:

Come out to henley training tuesday thursday nights if any other players wanna play for a great club.

None of the names mean anything to me? Is there something I have missed?
oldman
Under 16s

Postby marbles » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:07 am

oldman wrote:
marbles wrote:
oldman wrote:

None of the names mean anything to me? Is there something I have missed?

um dunno bud, maybe google each name and see if they have a definition?

ie:

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (25.2 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby oldman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:53 pm

Still haven't seen anything come through on the clearances for the 2 heading to the sharks?? Lets be honest though they need to improve significantly on what they dished up in 2018[/quote]

Come out to henley training tuesday thursday nights if any other players wanna play for a great club.[/quote]

None of the names mean anything to me? Is there something I have missed?[/quote]

um dunno bud, maybe google each name and see if they have a definition?

ie:

Untitled-1.jpg
[/quote]

Here I was thinking you were going to tell us the 2 names that "everyone" would be talking about? None of those names are that?
oldman
Under 16s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Went to watch TTG play Athelstone today. Good hit out for both sides, but if that's the standard of umpiring we can expect it's going to be a long season. Complete turnaround on tthe holding the ball interpretation. Last year we would have seen, on average about 3 or 4 holding the ball decisions paid, which was too few, but today there were about 40. It was ridiculous. Hopefully they get it right come round 1. Raggies will go alright in Div 2, Elliot look a very good player.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Honestly I'm thrilled with the new holding the ball interpretation.

The last two years bordered on an absurdity. This is a desperately needed correction
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:34 pm

jo172 wrote:Honestly I'm thrilled with the new holding the ball interpretation.

The last two years bordered on an absurdity. This is a desperately needed correction
Im with you
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 pm

jo172 wrote:Honestly I'm thrilled with the new holding the ball interpretation.

Absolutely needed a correction, but lets not over correct. Last year the interpretation was that players could take possession and have 2 to 3 steps before they were deemed to have prior opportunity. Players exploited the rule and it led to congestion. Today it was like every player who took possession was deemed to have had prior opportunity. Hopefully it settles next week.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby beef » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:26 pm

Who won between tanunda and Payneham today?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League