Have they closed the doors?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

Postby Pag » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:48 pm

I believe they are manning the gates for the league at all the GFs On Saturday?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Pag wrote:I believe they are manning the gates for the league at all the GFs On Saturday?

As per usual and cars are searched for grog. Pick it up on the way out.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Grand Final day Saturday and it should be a massive turnout at St Marys Park with the uniqueness of 6 different teams playing for 3 cups.

A GRADE
My heart says Edwardstown are good enough but CBCOC have a massive mental edge after a Elimination Final drubbing of them 3 weeks ago. CBCOC are going for back to back flags and trying to emulate the feats of Glenunga. They have stars all over the ground with Greenbank, Draper, Matt Raymond and Jake Johansen running through the middle and rotating forward. Partington is one of the best tall defenders in the comp and it will be interesting to see who he goes to, more than likely George Cornish who is in career best form. Sam Raymond is dangerous as well and loves a goal but the interest will be if coach Cali Harris and Brad Johansen line up after several weeks out with injury. For Towns Holliday, Dean and Salt are smart forwards and if they get good delivery and finish well it could be game on. CBCOC rely heavily on their gun mids to kick goals and Towns rely on a sustained team effort.
My tip is CBCOC by 1-30 and not the margin most are suggesting.

B GRADE
Mitcham are also trying to go back to back and have been a bit of a surprise packet this year, but I think Walkerville are the real deal and should account for them comfortably.
My tip Walkerville 31-60

C GRADE
Woodville South were the minor premiers but stumbled to this weeks opponent Smosh in the second semi final by 17 points. As expected they accounted for Walkerville in the Preliminary Final to have another crack at them. There hasn’t been much between the two teams all season but if medal winner Adam Clifford gets his hands on too much footy then Smosh could be in trouble. With Smosh smarting over their A’s and B’s both going out in straight sets after finishing minor premiers you would think they would be keen to get a result here.
My tip Woodville South 1-30
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 pm

JC still coach of Edwardstown?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:JC still coach of Edwardstown?

Yes, he came to our club at the end of 2017 with a clear 2 year vision of taking us to Div 3 and winning a premiership, he is half way there but has done a super job on changing minor cultural issues and developing our juniors. He’s a passionate coach and his attention to detail from the top down is exceptional.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Yes, he came to our club at the end of 2017 with a clear 2 year vision of taking us to Div 3 and winning a premiership, he is half way there but has done a super job on changing minor cultural issues and developing our juniors. He’s a passionate coach and his attention to detail from the top down is exceptional.

Agree with that, good luck to him
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Great to hear YM. It’s such a massive job that goes beyond a football team.
I love stories where passionate and committed people achieve.
Good luck on Saturday
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby zedman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Good luck yankman.
Last weeks win will give you some momentum but CBC are a slick unit, Partington is excellent and always caused us trouble. Perhaps CBC by 6-8 goals sorry!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:49 pm

zedman wrote:Good luck yankman.
Last weeks win will give you some momentum but CBC are a slick unit, Partington is excellent and always caused us trouble. Perhaps CBC by 6-8 goals sorry!

Cheers zed, we know what we are up against but anything can happen in the big dance.

Interesting stat in the reserves which don’t get spoken about too much.
Mitcham have had 7 players play 24 A grade games wheras Walkerville have 15 for a combined total of 79 games. Managed it well Walkies, albeit with a couple who missed quite a few with injury. Unless the Hawks can pull a rabbit out of the hat we could be at the bar by halftime :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Nixon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Dolphins by 4-5 goals, brutal contest, great game, back to back!
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Playing a GF on a 27 degree on one of the biggest decks in SA isn’t easy. Seriously big crowd through the day and from what I’ve heard one of the biggest GF crowds outside of Thebarton ever.

Special mention to Edwardstown that didn’t go unnoticed. Their huge supporter contingent up the Northern end completely cleaned up after themselves after the match which included binning all rubbish and placing cans and bottles in the recycling bins provided. I’ve never seen any club on GF day go to so much effort to clean up after themselves. Classy act and a new found respect for Towns.

On the other end of the scale, I’m impressed with CBC on field and off field, but Jesus some of their old boy crew are just out and out dickheads who let down their club down at times with some of the garbage that comes out of their mouths.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby scottroo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Correct LK

Their “scoreboard” crowd are a bunch of flogs
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:07 pm

Pissed 50 year old men acting like Neanderthals is a blight on their club. Only a matter of time before someone takes exception to their behaviour and tempers kick off.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:45 pm

scottroo wrote:Correct LK

Their “scoreboard” crowd are a bunch of flogs

Are they supporters? I thought they were hobbits who emerged from their burrows in the creek behind the oval.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby ethnicstarforward » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:31 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Pissed 50 year old men acting like Neanderthals is a blight on their club. Only a matter of time before someone takes exception to their behaviour and tempers kick off.

Stop crying, no one can hear in div 5
ethnicstarforward
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mintaro-Manoora

Postby The Bedge » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:40 am

ethnicstarforward wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Pissed 50 year old men acting like Neanderthals is a blight on their club. Only a matter of time before someone takes exception to their behaviour and tempers kick off.

Stop crying, no one can hear in div 5

You blokes can’t hear coz your heads are too far up your arse and your ears are blocked
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:02 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Playing a GF on a 27 degree on one of the biggest decks in SA isn’t easy. Seriously big crowd through the day and from what I’ve heard one of the biggest GF crowds outside of Thebarton ever.

Special mention to Edwardstown that didn’t go unnoticed. Their huge supporter contingent up the Northern end completely cleaned up after themselves after the match which included binning all rubbish and placing cans and bottles in the recycling bins provided. I’ve never seen any club on GF day go to so much effort to clean up after themselves. Classy act and a new found respect for Towns.

On the other end of the scale, I’m impressed with CBC on field and off field, but Jesus some of their old boy crew are just out and out dickheads who let down their club down at times with some of the garbage that comes out of their mouths.

Thanks LaughingKookaburra, the club has developed a great culture of respect from President Eddie, the Board, coach JC and right down through our junior structure in recent years. It’s about care factor and happy to see it recognised yesterday. As for the older contingent of CBC, they are foul, crude, crass and downright disgusting, I stood along side that group in round 13 at home and held back on comments but if they were at an AFL ground they would be ejected and frankly it’s time our league acted on it. Pity really because their playing group are impressive and deserve better. Having seen both Glenunga and CBC over the last 2 seasons Glenunga have earned my respect as a club. CBC have a long way to go.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:35 am

It’s only a matter of time until they say it to or are heard by the wrong sort of people and we hear of a mass brawl in the crowd involving CBC. I’m in oar of CBC on the field but their supporters behaviour is up there with the worst in the comp.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:49 pm

The game itself was incredibly physical. Towns lost Horgan for the game with a knee in the first quarter, then Curtis with a fractured cheekbone, Teissiere with a knee and Parker for a red card all before half time. Started the third with 17 on the ground and CBCOC also lost Greenbank before half time red carded out of the game as well. CBCOC’s mid guns then got control of the game but it was a great effort from our lads in that heat with no rotations for the whole second half. We lost no admirers as a result and can hold our heads high. CBCOC just have quality cattle, end of story.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League