Smithfield
15%
Trinity OS
1%

Total votes : 72

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 am

Frank Grimes the 3rd wrote:
oldman wrote:How are lockleys still in div 5 with the lists they have had over the 4 years? Under performed?

Woah, Shots fired!

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby zedman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

oldman wrote:How are lockleys still in div 5 with the lists they have had over the 4 years? Under performed?

i would say over performed in div 6 2015 going from 6th to a GF..first year in div 5 2016 made top 3 but lost a low scoring prelim at heccies by under 2 goals to get into a GF and the rest is history, perhaps that is under performing but we would have jumped 2 grades in 2 years with a GF appearance..f****d up in 2017 i feel, notwithstanding the superior squad glenunga had we could have made a GF and didnt..performed about right in 2018 we thought in hindsight, lost 2 finals by under a goal..CBC, PFC and WSFC all had stronger lists last year, we didnt have any sanfl players in our teams..its frustrating for sure though..you either give up or push on..so we push on.. :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby zedman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 am

Woah, Shots fired!

shots? its a fair question to ask..no problem here..play on..
zedman
Coach

Postby Frank Grimes the 3rd » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:26 am

zedman wrote:

Woah, Shots fired!

carry on then.
Frank Grimes the 3rd
Mini-League

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Kybybolite

Postby oldman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am

zedman wrote:

Woah, Shots fired!

3 years running finished with the double chance and not made the big dance. Questions must be asked if their game style stacks up in finals. Can't use the excuse of not having any ex sanfl players as the team has shown in season to be more than capable
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:01 am

oldman wrote:
3 years running finished with the double chance and not made the big dance. Questions must be asked if their game style stacks up in finals. Can't use the excuse of not having any ex sanfl players as the team has shown in season to be more than capable

Div 5 is an interesting division every year, clubs that come down probably dig their hands a bit deeper in their pockets as they don't want to drop any further and clubs coming up from div 6 are getting a snowball effect.

For the last few years there have been a couple of standout clubs, Lockleys have always been around the mark which is better than most.

This year will be no different, it will be a very competitive division, I recall many years ago Smithfield needed to beat Ingle Farm away in round 18 to take the minor premiership, they lost narrowly and just scraped into the 5.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:11 am

oldman wrote:
zedman wrote:

Woah, Shots fired!

wasnt an excuse..you said the lfc list was strong..i said others had stronger lists last year with sanfl players included..dont twist my words..

we do ask questions continually of ourselves and our game plan..you are correct in that we do have to make changes to it and we will..keep doing the same thing and you get the same result..thanks for your concern.. :)
zedman
Coach

Postby S Demon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
oldman wrote:

Div 5 is an interesting division every year, clubs that come down probably dig their hands a bit deeper in their pockets as they don't want to drop any further and clubs coming up from div 6 are getting a snowball effect.

For the last few years there have been a couple of standout clubs, Lockleys have always been around the mark which is better than most.

This year will be no different, it will be a very competitive division, I recall many years ago Smithfield needed to beat Ingle Farm away in round 18 to take the minor premiership, they lost narrowly and just scraped into the 5.

Yep Div 5 has historically always been tough. I can recall us playing Woody South in Rd 18 at Woody South a number of years ago. We won and made the finals. Woody South got relegated. Had they won, we would have got relegated and they would have played finals :shock:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am

S Demon wrote:Yep Div 5 has historically always been tough. I can recall us playing Woody South in Rd 18 at Woody South a number of years ago. We won and made the finals. Woody South got relegated. Had they won, we would have got relegated and they would have played finals :shock:

Ouch
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Chappy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:36 pm

There has been some bloody good sides go up the last two years,

Glenunga & CBC were miles ahead.
Pooraka started slow but were a bloody good side, Woody south are always tough regardless of form.

I'm sure Lockley's will be up and about. But the same could be said about quite a few. Injuries stuffed a couple clubs last year, but to be fair It was a race to lose to CBC in the Big Dance
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Chappy wrote:I'm sure Lockley's will be up and about. But the same could be said about quite a few.

Absolutely, certainly looks no easy games, and a very very tough division

Kenilworth - one of the better sides last year when they were on, at times looked the most likely to challenge CBC.
Salisbury - coming down a division after having plenty of competitive games in the higher div and winning a few big games.. great depth through B/C grades.
Eastern Park - seem to be quietly recruiting to replace the talent lost and a tough side at home, they'll be desperate to bounce back.
Smithfield - recruited half of the Northern Suburbs and a lot of guys returning that saw them make 3 consecutive GF's - they know how to get the job done.
Hope Valley - were pretty reasonable last year despite ladder position, and have added top shelf depth to that - in key areas - they'll be tough nut to crack.
Rosewater - back after a one year hiatus, will be super keen to carry on their form from last year and have some real talent in their top group of players.
Trinity OS - always hard to beat, hard to score against and will certainly be doing everything to make sure this isnt a short lived stay back in the div.
Lockleys - three years in a row right in it up to their necks, record numbers on the track already, the window is still open and they're primed ready to win it.
Blackfriars - bit of an unknown, Brincat may be hard to replace but if they can play their best - especially at home - they could easily win more than they lose.

Throw a blanket over the lot, picking a winner from that group right now is next to impossible.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:44 am

We were way too unsettled last year going deeper in the year. Each week we had a continual rotation of different key personnel out and come the last 3-4 weeks we got exposed as we had a few too many under done when the whips were cracking.

I haven’t seen much this year yet as I’ve been away heavily with work, renovating my current house and I’m building a house but I’ve heard positive things. We’ve welcomed back 2 multiple time Kenilworth premiership players and whilst losing a couple we’ve got some others coming in too. All of this I’ve heard 3rd hand but it’s reliable. Will be interesting to see if that gap closes from the top to bottom 5. With a couple exceptions that was a big difference last year compared to other years in div 5. I’m a firm believer that the entire top 5 from last year wouldn’t disgrace themselves if they were placed in div 4 and CBC would have won div 4 with their side. It will be good to see if that standard maintains but no one will be as good as CBC from LY.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stride for stride » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Heard Luke Yates and Michael Tremonte are on their way to the Kookaburras.
stride for stride
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Postby The Bedge » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Last edited by The Bedge on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby X Runna » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:41 am

Beachboy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:dsc is a good lad..i liked coaching him a few years ago..he dont play for free though! :)

DSC has come for the BBQ

Bedge having a big say on the blues bbq all ready.

It needs a shitload of work, but if anyone can get it to at least reasonable, it's Bedgie
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby footballover78 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:51 am

Heard from my mate at CBC that Jonty Rutai hasn’t attended a training session yet and has not confirmed he will be going around at cbcocfc again, would be a handy pick up
footballover78
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:58 am

footballover78 wrote:Heard from my mate at CBC that Jonty Rutai hasn’t attended a training session yet and has not confirmed he will be going around at cbcocfc again, would be a handy pick up

Div 4 buddy ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Pag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:45 am

Draft Rd 1
Eastern Park v Salisbury
Rosewater v Hope Valley
Smithfield v Lockleys
Kenilworth v Trinity OS
Blackfriars OS v Pulteney
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 am

Draft Rd 1
Eastern Park v Salisbury - 11 points
Rosewater v Hope Valley - 17 points
Smithfield v Lockleys - 185 thousand million and 3 points
Kenilworth v Trinity OS - 21 points
Blackfriars OS v Pulteney - 43 points
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:Draft Rd 1
Eastern Park v Salisbury - 11 points
Rosewater v Hope Valley - 17 points
Smithfield v Lockleys - 185 thousand million and 3 points
Kenilworth v Trinity OS - 21 points
Blackfriars OS v Pulteney - 43 points