Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Draft Rd 1
Eastern Park v Salisbury - 11 points
Rosewater v Hope Valley - 17 points
Smithfield v Lockleys - 185 thousand million and 3 points
Kenilworth v Trinity OS - 21 points
Blackfriars OS v Pulteney - 43 points

;)

the more they deflect the more we know they are the favorites..big hype around valleys and smithies and they have recruited well but they are coming from 7th and 8th respectively..pulteney finished the year 3 points from being in div 4..lost langford, which is a blow, and some other minor bits and pieces but have retained their best mids and have added at least 6 A graders already..the team to beat..

smithfield v lockleys result looks spot on but you have underestimated us..more like 185 thousand million and 2 points not 3.. :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:40 pm

zedman wrote:the more they deflect the more we know they are the favorites..

Deflect? Nah speaking truths my brother 8)

Facts:
Round 16 last year - St Doms... Blackfriar 93 lost to Pulteney 103 (10 points).. Langford kicked 8..
It's been widely acknowleged that Langford was worth 7 a game to the Blues last year.
You don't know that the Blues have retained their best mids either - retirements and departures haven't been aired..
Only favourites we are will be crowd favourites 8) :lol:

You must love though going under the radar this year - this must be the first pre-season in 10yrs you haven't been a premiership coach in January. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Facts:
Round 16 last year - St Doms... Blackfriar 93 lost to Pulteney 103 (10 points).. Langford kicked 8..
It's been widely acknowleged that Langford was worth 7 a game to the Blues last year.
You don't know that the Blues have retained their best mids either - retirements and departures haven't been aired..

You must love though going under the radar this year - this must be the first pre-season in 10yrs you haven't been a premiership coach in January. :lol:

I’m sure he does lol. Forget Eastern Parks ins and outs, although Knappy is a loss, give them back their points for a silly mistake and they play finals in Div 4 2018. Salisbury lost to Glenunga and Towns in the back half by 2 and 1 pts. They both played in a Div 4 Prelim. They have a top group of ressies under them who won a flag in 2017 and played finals in 2018. I’d expect a lot of those lads to progress comfortably in Div 5 A grade. Smithfield were around the money in Div 4 in 2017 and again indicresions cost them. That’s the top 3 for me on what I have seen in the last 2 seasons. Will be a tight comp though.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Facts:

I’m sure he does lol. Forget Eastern Parks ins and outs, although Knappy is a loss, give them back their points for a silly mistake and they play finals in Div 4 2018. Salisbury lost to Glenunga and Towns in the back half by 2 and 1 pts. They both played in a Div 4 Prelim. They have a top group of ressies under them who won a flag in 2017 and played finals in 2018. I’d expect a lot of those lads to progress comfortably in Div 5 A grade. Smithfield were around the money in Div 4 in 2017 and again mistakes cost them. That’s the top 3 for me on what I have seen in the last 2 seasons. Will be a tight comp though.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby zedman » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Bedge: you lose Langford and they lose the association medalist..evened up!

Yankman: spot on with the Div 4 clubs coming down..
zedman
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Facts:

I’m sure he does lol. Forget Eastern Parks ins and outs, although Knappy is a loss, give them back their points for a silly mistake and they play finals in Div 4 2018. Salisbury lost to Glenunga and Towns in the back half by 2 and 1 pts. They both played in a Div 4 Prelim. They have a top group of ressies under them who won a flag in 2017 and played finals in 2018. I’d expect a lot of those lads to progress comfortably in Div 5 A grade. Smithfield were around the money in Div 4 in 2017 and again mistakes cost them. That’s the top 3 for me on what I have seen in the last 2 seasons. Will be a tight comp though.

@the Bedge Is Yank Man being condescending? ;) :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Nothing has changed in here. Typical love in why don’t you all get a room! :vom: :vom: :vom:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Two things:
1) Yank was tied up with Mitchell Pk so cant ever be.
2) I’m not drunk so cant throw those accusations

:lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Deflect? Nah speaking truths my brother 8)

Facts:
Only favourites we are will be crowd favourites 8)

Yank is incorrect anyway.

We beat Glenunga ;)
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Facts:
Only favourites we are will be crowd favourites 8) [emoji38]

You must love though going under the radar this year - this must be the first pre-season in 10yrs you haven't been a premiership coach in January. [emoji38]

Excuse me but Smithfield finished bottom in Div 4 in 2017 after winning two games, perhaps your interpretation of 'around the money' is different to mine?

Also, Salisbury did not win the 2's flag in 2017, they won it in 2015 and 2016.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:18 am

Yank Man wrote:
I’m sure he does lol. Forget Eastern Parks ins and outs, although Knappy is a loss, give them back their points for a silly mistake and they play finals in Div 4 2018. Salisbury lost to Glenunga and Towns in the back half by 2 and 1 pts. They both played in a Div 4 Prelim. They have a top group of ressies under them who won a flag in 2017 and played finals in 2018. I’d expect a lot of those lads to progress comfortably in Div 5 A grade. Smithfield were around the money in Div 4 in 2017 and again indicresions cost them. That’s the top 3 for me on what I have seen in the last 2 seasons. Will be a tight comp though.

2 and a half wins in 2017 is around the money? Do a bit of research mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:2 and a half wins in 2017 is around the money?

Maybe he meant they were around teams that had/spent money? :P

Still dont let this distract you from the fact Smithfield will be amongst the top 1 sides this year.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Facts:

Maybe he should try being a premiership coach in September?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:34 pm

oldman wrote:Maybe he should try being a premiership coach in September?

oldman.JPG
oldman.JPG (17.97 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:52 pm

I will try again oldman..whilst your obsession with me is a little unnerving I do appreciate your inspirational thoughts..cheers!
zedman
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Probably should have said ‘competitive’ they lost 7 games by less than 5 goals. For me that’s around the money. Sorry to get everyone’s back up, it was an observation only on a team I respected, and no I’m not the condescending type.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:08 am

Don't let them bully you around Yanky old friend, fire up and kick em in the baby maker! 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Out of the last 4 teams to get relegated from div 4, 2 of them finished in the bottom 2 the following year in div 5 and the other 2 missed the finals by a long way. All those teams who got relegated had a similar story with 1-4 wins and %’s in the high 30’s to 40ish. Eastern Park look to be the only exception from that in recent years. That’s not disrespecting anyone, if anything it shows how close the gap is from an emerging div 5 club to the competitive slog in div 4. I get people talking up the comp and getting pumped for a big year but put some things in to context.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:08 am

Pfft LK just sounds like you're not happy the 'Burras are below the Northern Burbs clubs in the pecking order.. 8)

Smithfield
Eastern Park
Salisbury

Daylight

Lockleys

Hope Valley

Kenilworth

Rosewater
Trinity OS
Blackfriars OS
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League