4%
Smithfield
15%
Trinity OS
1%

Total votes : 72

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:18 pm

[quote="Pag"]Didn't mind the TOTY in the Budget (apart from a couple of weird positions), but I'll put mine out there for discussion's sake:
Ashby 28 goals from 17 game as opposed to Johnson-Schroeder 47 from same amount?

Difficult to pick these sides when realistically every sides best players are the midfielders :lol:

For Pulteney, Forbes is a good inclusion - 44 goals from 21 games as a high half forward, kicked goals most games but proved a critical foil for Giddings.

Also agree with Walkley - but again it's hard to see where he squeezes in with some of those blokes, and Feast prob wins EP B&F by a fair stretch.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:Didn't mind the TOTY in the Budget (apart from a couple of weird positions), but I'll put mine out there for discussion's sake:
Ashby 28 goals from 17 game as opposed to Johnson-Schroeder 47 from same amount?

Difficult to pick these sides when realistically every sides best players are the midfielders :lol:

For Pulteney, Forbes is a good inclusion - 44 goals from 21 games as a high half forward, kicked goals most games but proved a critical foil for Giddings.

Also agree with Walkley - but again it's hard to see where he squeezes in with some of those blokes, and Feast prob wins EP B&F by a fair stretch.
I reckon a forward line of Hellmans, Giddings and Johnson-Schroder is too tall, especially with Liverton also playing a leading forward, one has to drop out for mine. Ashby obviously played a bit of midfield time but I’d happily leave him in a pocket as a genuine small forward, still kicked 30-odd from memory?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:48 am

Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:Didn't mind the TOTY in the Budget (apart from a couple of weird positions), but I'll put mine out there for discussion's sake:

I reckon a forward line of Hellmans, Giddings and Johnson-Schroder is too tall, especially with Liverton also playing a leading forward, one has to drop out for mine. Ashby obviously played a bit of midfield time but I’d happily leave him in a pocket as a genuine small forward, still kicked 30-odd from memory?

Who are they playing against?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pag » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:17 am

S Demon wrote:
Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Who are they playing against?

The same team the AA Team play, as a warm-up game.
Pag
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:20 am

Pag wrote:I reckon a forward line of Hellmans, Giddings and Johnson-Schroder is too tall, especially with Liverton also playing a leading forward, one has to drop out for mine. Ashby obviously played a bit of midfield time but I’d happily leave him in a pocket as a genuine small forward, still kicked 30-odd from memory?

It is too tall, probably why Giddings was named on a HBF where he played half the season.. ;)

I think the side looks pretty handy.

Chesser swapping 3 ways with Chaplin & Tucker, Sandery and DK, Dowling, Keenihan and Feast to rotate HBF through mid and Vea Vea straight swap with Brodie in the ruck, with Hellmanns doing the forward line ruck work.

JWK run through the wing if need be.

My only concern if i was picking an actual side to win is this team looks slow forward and lacks defensive pressure. Johnson-Schroeder would be the first out for a small forward pocket, Liverton to FF and i would probably drop Feast for Walkley.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:33 am

Any side that has the luxury Nick Chesser running around its forward 6 certainly wouldn’t lack leg speed or defensive pressure. If you left him as a full time forward he’d kick 50-60 goals a year.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pag » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:39 am

The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:I reckon a forward line of Hellmans, Giddings and Johnson-Schroder is too tall, especially with Liverton also playing a leading forward, one has to drop out for mine. Ashby obviously played a bit of midfield time but I’d happily leave him in a pocket as a genuine small forward, still kicked 30-odd from memory?

It is too tall, probably why Giddings was named on a HBF where he played half the season.. ;)

I think the side looks pretty handy.

Chesser swapping 3 ways with Chaplin & Tucker, Sandery and DK, Dowling, Keenihan and Feast to rotate HBF through mid and Vea Vea straight swap with Brodie in the ruck, with Hellmanns doing the forward line ruck work.

JWK run through the wing if need be.

My only concern if i was picking an actual side to win is this team looks slow forward and lacks defensive pressure. Johnson-Schroeder would be the first out for a small forward pocket, Liverton to FF and i would probably drop Feast for Walkley.

He looked good at CHF both times we played Pulteney. ;)

Either way, the people who picked it got our blokes spot on. Fleming wn our B&F from M.Keenihan and Matthews who tied for 2nd.
Pag
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:00 am

Pag wrote:He looked good at CHF both times we played Pulteney. ;)

Either way, the people who picked it got our blokes spot on. Fleming wn our B&F from M.Keenihan and Matthews who tied for 2nd.

Where can I view said team?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby zedman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:17 am

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (507.42 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby carey » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Can you post the Div 6 team Zed?
Cheers mate
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby zedman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:43 pm

carey wrote:Can you post the Div 6 team Zed?
Cheers mate

yeah, will do mate..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:49 pm

Finally got around to watching the Div 5 GF game after downloading it. Do they actually get paid?

It looks like my 5 year old daughter filmed it. After 8 cans. And her eyes closed. It’s terrible
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:30 pm

S Demon wrote:Finally got around to watching the Div 5 GF game after downloading it. Do they actually get paid?

It looks like my 5 year old daughter filmed it. After 8 cans. And her eyes closed. It’s terrible

Or have you not sobered up since the 14th of September? ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:48 pm

valleys07 wrote:
S Demon wrote:Finally got around to watching the Div 5 GF game after downloading it. Do they actually get paid?

Or have you not sobered up since the 14th of September? ;)

Little bit of column A...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:46 pm

On the upside, at least you didn’t have to pay for it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:01 am

The Bedge wrote:

On the upside, at least you didn’t have to pay for it.

In that case, value for money
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby S Demon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 am

I'd also like to add my 2 cents on the Grand Final Day experience at Salisbury Oval. Well done to Liam, Kerry, Pag and their committee and all their volunteers. They had food and drink available on both sides of the oval, security wandering around, great changeroom facilities for each club. At times the line up to the bar was long, but it moved quickly. Can't comment on the BBQ as my diet was either a WE or SD can for the afternoon

I know they had some issues in the past with the crowd going back a few years (out of their control) but they did a great job the other week and its a great venue for hosting Grand Finals. Plus 2 great results ;) Ticked all the boxes =D>
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:12 am

S Demon wrote:I'd also like to add my 2 cents on the Grand Final Day experience at Salisbury Oval. Well done to Liam, Kerry, Pag and their committee and all their volunteers. They had food and drink available on both sides of the oval, security wandering around, great changeroom facilities for each club. At times the line up to the bar was long, but it moved quickly. Can't comment on the BBQ as my diet was either a WE or SD can for the afternoon

I know they had some issues in the past with the crowd going back a few years (out of their control) but they did a great job the other week and its a great venue for hosting Grand Finals. Plus 2 great results ;) Ticked all the boxes =D>

Thanks mate, the club's exec have worked really hard to get GF football back since the AV/IF incident and I think the day ran relatively smoothly, with a lot of help from our junior committee who ran the bar and BBQ on the hill as we had people out at our B grade at Elizabeth. I think next time we will put a basic WED/HSD/Spirit Can bar next to our clubroom side BBQ and as well as have the full bar inside, but live and learn. Congrats to the four clubs too who conducted themselves all well on a day where emotions can run high.

We genuinely do love our facility and think it is the best place to play and watch amateur footy north of the CBD. We're hopeful of hosting for many years to come (bar next year when I'd like to be playing).
Pag
Coach

Postby jake the snake » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Have all div 5 clubs hired coaches for 2020?
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 pm

jake the snake wrote:Have all div 5 clubs hired coaches for 2020?

5?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League