4%
Smithfield
15%
Trinity OS
1%

Total votes : 72

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:11 am

I realise it's not the season, but still when opportunity to reflect on the culinary delights available over the state, then it would be remiss of me not to do so.

Ventured out to Smithfield Saturday for cricket - unfortunately missed their BBQ back in Rd 2, something I've never forgiven myself for.

Anyway as I sat there scoring away, a loud clap of thunder appeared to roar around the ground - alas it was merely my stomach calling to me, requiring urgent attention... NEVER FEAR - Suddenly, like a fairy godmother of sorts, the great man coman appeared from the shadows, sliding a boat full of delightfulness across the table, destined on its voyage to my tummy.

Hot, freshly cooked chips filled this vessel, the crisp outside creating that beautiful crunch as you bit into it, exposing the soft, cloud like potato inside as the steam billowed out from within, all the signs of a perfectly prepared and cooked chip.

On top followed a tomato sauce, but tasted a bit like a pizza sauce base - perhaps from being cooked onto the chips it gave it that lovely darker and richer flavour. Then came the heavy sprinkling of bacon pieces decorating the top like tinsel on a Christmas tree.. and finally, the one ingredient that always makes everything that little bit more special - Cheese.. layered on top and grilled/melted to perfection.

These Smithfield Loaded Fries were a sight to behold, and as my team mates watched on drooling in anticipation, the lot was emptied into my ever grateful stomach.

Washed down with some ice cold $4 Super Dry's - yes that's right $4! Arguably the cheapest beers going at the moment.. Needless to say it was the highlight of my day.

Next year, visiting friends and foes, add this one to your bucket list.

Bedge rating: 9.5/10

Top 5 Club BBQ List:
1. Fatboy Special - Brahma Lodge
2. Holy Grail - Hope Valley
3. Loaded Fries - Smithfield
4. Stormy Special - Lockleys
5. Hamburger - Houghton
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:31 am

The Bedge wrote:I realise it's not the season, but still when opportunity to reflect on the culinary delights available over the state, then it would be remiss of me not to do so.

Ventured out to Smithfield Saturday for cricket - unfortunately missed their BBQ back in Rd 2, something I've never forgiven myself for.

Anyway as I sat there scoring away, a loud clap of thunder appeared to roar around the ground - alas it was merely my stomach calling to me, requiring urgent attention... NEVER FEAR - Suddenly, like a fairy godmother of sorts, the great man coman appeared from the shadows, sliding a boat full of delightfulness across the table, destined on its voyage to my tummy.

Hot, freshly cooked chips filled this vessel, the crisp outside creating that beautiful crunch as you bit into it, exposing the soft, cloud like potato inside as the steam billowed out from within, all the signs of a perfectly prepared and cooked chip.

On top followed a tomato sauce, but tasted a bit like a pizza sauce base - perhaps from being cooked onto the chips it gave it that lovely darker and richer flavour. Then came the heavy sprinkling of bacon pieces decorating the top like tinsel on a Christmas tree.. and finally, the one ingredient that always makes everything that little bit more special - Cheese.. layered on top and grilled/melted to perfection.

These Smithfield Loaded Fries were a sight to behold, and as my team mates watched on drooling in anticipation, the lot was emptied into my ever grateful stomach.

Washed down with some ice cold $4 Super Dry's - yes that's right $4! Arguably the cheapest beers going at the moment.. Needless to say it was the highlight of my day.

Top 5 Club BBQ List:
5. Hamburger - Houghton

Ha, coman said you seemed to enjoy them, enough to occupy a back pocket?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am

coman wrote:I can't see Smithfield finishing bottom 5 with the big signings im hearing about,but it is only silly season though.

Yes, seems to be some excitement in the air.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby adr107 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:43 am

The Bedge wrote:I realise it's not the season, but still when opportunity to reflect on the culinary delights available over the state, then it would be remiss of me not to do so.

Top 5 Club BBQ List:
5. Hamburger - Houghton

Helen Crago has been dominating the Div 6/7 BBQ game for many a year and what a job she does. Get around the Raider Roll!!!
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:57 am

Hey @Mythical Creature, what's in the Shim Burger @ Long Plains?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Lockleys recruiting well is the news floating up north? @zedman? How close to your chest can you play your cards?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby zedman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Pag wrote:Lockleys recruiting well is the news floating up north? @zedman? How close to your chest can you play your cards?

always looking but one commitment only at this stage so that might be a case of chinese whispers pag..the biggest recruitment so far this year comes from south terrace..right beachboy? :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:17 pm

zedman wrote:
Pag wrote:Lockleys recruiting well is the news floating up north? @zedman? How close to your chest can you play your cards?

always looking but one commitment only at this stage so that might be a case of chinese whispers pag..

Rob Abdulla is a handy acquisition as well.

zedman wrote:..the biggest recruitment so far this year comes from south terrace..right beachboy? :)

#Twins
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:

always looking but one commitment only at this stage so that might be a case of chinese whispers pag..

zedman wrote:..the biggest recruitment so far this year comes from south terrace..right beachboy? :)

#Twins
Attachments
MPW-11840.jpeg
MPW-11840.jpeg (33.45 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Pag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm

zedman wrote:

always looking but one commitment only at this stage so that might be a case of chinese whispers pag..the biggest recruitment so far this year comes from south terrace..right beachboy? :)

Deflecting already. Closer to the chest than I thought. ;)
Pag
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey @Mythical Creature, what's in the Shim Burger @ Long Plains?

Not exactly sure but its triple everything. Paddy egg cheese beetroot lettuce onion etc.
Eat 3 of them in less than half hour and it could be renamed :D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey @Mythical Creature, what's in the Shim Burger @ Long Plains?

Not exactly sure but its triple everything. Paddy egg cheese beetroot lettuce onion etc.
Eat 3 of them in less than half hour and it could be renamed :D

Sounds wonderfully delicious..

... Bedge Burger has a nice ring to it also, I look forward to it being renamed :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby coman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:51 pm

The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:

#Twins

Rob Abdullah definitely yes,twins are at angle vale,but like ive mentioned previously it is silly season.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby coman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Top 5 Club BBQ List:
5. Hamburger - Houghton

Im glad you enjoyed mate,im yet to try a fatboy special but it sounds very worthy to be on top of bedge's ladder.
coman
Rookie

Postby Beachboy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:56 pm

zedman wrote:

As far as I am aware Zed it's been a lack lustre start to the recruiting season down south terrace.
Beachboy
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby coman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm

coman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:

#Twins

Rob Abdullah definitely yes,twins are at angle vale,but like ive mentioned previously it is silly season.

Im pretty sure rob Abdullah's replacement won't rock up Saturday's drunk or threatening goal umpires on Umpire appreciation week.
But the ladd can play when he is switched on,no doubt zedman could get the best out of him though.
coman
Rookie

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Mitch Sandery to coach Hope Valley.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Pag » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Mitch Sandery to coach Hope Valley.

Very, very good get.
Pag
Coach

Postby Robran » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:59 am

Pag wrote:

Very, very good get.

Man can seriously play, kind of happy he won't be at RSMU next year all the best to him.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 am

Playing coach obviously?

Umpired him quite a few times over the past few years, seemed like a good bloke with the right qualities to be a good leader.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League