Trial Games

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Trial Games

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:39 am

Brighton Bombers play Glenunga on 19/3 and PHOS Camden on 26/3 - both at Kenilworth.

I see some clubs maybe having trials on weekend of 12/3 and even the week before. Not sure why clubs bother with a trial on the long weekend or even the week earlier. Just too many unavailable players to provide much value and just one more chance for blokes to get injured in an age when clubs have more players getting injured across a season than previous eras.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby oldman » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:58 pm

Anyone looking for a trial Friday Evening 18th March @ St.Marys Oval?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Sass! » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:12 am

Hi All,

Modbury Footy Club (C3) are looking for a C/ D Grade trial game on Saturday the 19th of March. We have ovals available to host the trial or are happy to travel to another ground to play at the usual 10:15am timeslot. We will have the numbers for 6 quarters for those clubs that have a C/D Grade or happy to do 4 quarters if that works better.

Our A and B grade are playing South Gawler away that day but they dont have a C grade so looking for a fill in game.

Get in contact with either on here or via my mobile. 0412484641

Cheers
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby alfy » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:42 am

oldman wrote:Anyone looking for a trial Friday Evening 18th March @ St.Marys Oval?

Would be interested if your still looking ?
alfy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby redyellow&blue » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:14 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Brighton Bombers play Glenunga on 19/3 and PHOS Camden on 26/3 - both at Kenilworth.

I see some clubs maybe having trials on weekend of 12/3 and even the week before. Not sure why clubs bother with a trial on the long weekend or even the week earlier. Just too many unavailable players to provide much value and just one more chance for blokes to get injured in an age when clubs have more players getting injured across a season than previous eras.

i've brought that up multiple times to go to 4 on the bench during the season for this exact reason. injuries and the ability for that extra rotation, and for fatigue in a era where you can't run water. We already play 4 on the bench during finals so why not during the season.

clubs complain about numbers, injuries, and fatigue yet when brought up for a vote, most clubs just sit there with a glazed look on their faces.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:31 am

redyellow&blue wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Brighton Bombers play Glenunga on 19/3 and PHOS Camden on 26/3 - both at Kenilworth.

i've brought that up multiple times to go to 4 on the bench during the season for this exact reason. injuries and the ability for that extra rotation, and for fatigue in a era where you can't run water. We already play 4 on the bench during finals so why not during the season.

clubs complain about numbers, injuries, and fatigue yet when brought up for a vote, most clubs just sit there with a glazed look on their faces.

From memory, one of the major sticking points was that even if the bench was extended by 1, the cap would remain the same. Meaning clubs who had worked out their player payments based on a cap of $2,500 for 21 players would need to shuffle things. I recall this being a point of discussion at the time.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby redyellow&blue » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:23 am

Sass! wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:

From memory, one of the major sticking points was that even if the bench was extended by 1, the cap would remain the same. Meaning clubs who had worked out their player payments based on a cap of $2,500 for 21 players would need to shuffle things. I recall this being a point of discussion at the time.

I remember that, and that really should not be an issue. " sorry we can't field 22 and happy to risk more injury, fatigue and burnout because we can't pay another player".

I'm sure there are plenty of players who are on the cusp that would jump at the chance at certain clubs without $$
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:37 pm

Looking for a ground to have a trial game on for either the 19th or 20th March.

Any recommendations?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:37 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Looking for a ground to have a trial game on for either the 19th or 20th March.

Any recommendations?
Rosewater maybe available
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:38 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Looking for a ground to have a trial game on for either the 19th or 20th March.

Any recommendations?

West Croydon? They have lights also
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:22 pm

Credit scottroo
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Woodville South are looking for a C Grade trial on Sunday the 20th of March. We have an oval sorted. For further details call Peter Johnson on 0408854228 or PM me.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby bubba love » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:36 am

North haven v TTG trial this Saturday the 19th are in desperate need of an oval, if any one knows of anything please flick us a msg, cheers
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Sticks28 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:30 am

any trial game results from the weekend?
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby giffo » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:19 pm

Sass! wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:

More to do with the APPS than salary cap as you would still only get 15 points to work with during the season
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:07 pm

Due to a late cancellation Woodville South are looking for a B Grade trial this Sunday. We have oval booked at Ottoway.

PM if interested
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:32 am

Scotch OC v Hope Valley tonight from 6.30pm (6 TERMS ) at St Marys
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:59 pm

Heaps of trials being played this weekend, but a couple of forfeits due to COVID too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby oldman » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:59 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Scotch OC v Hope Valley tonight from 6.30pm (6 TERMS ) at St Marys

Hope Valley looking really good and will take a power of beating after comprehensively taking care of Scotch.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Yank Man » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:13 pm

oldman wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Scotch OC v Hope Valley tonight from 6.30pm (6 TERMS ) at St Marys

Hope Valley looking really good and will take a power of beating after comprehensively taking care of Scotch.

We all know Hope Valley will be up there, but I also Scotch are pretty ordinary. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League