C Grade

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: C Grade 2019

Postby ROOBOY18 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:10 am

Elizabeth A & B grade at Heccies in QF yet the C grade who finish 2nd and in the same QF are at North Haven who finished 3rd.....so Heccies finish 5th and get a home EF WTF!!
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby beef » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:18 am

A grade takes preference. If C grade is playing a final they will play with their A grade if the A grade are hosting. Salisbury C grade getting a home elimination because their A grade is the home side, im sure there are others as well. Happens every year
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:59 am

Were some of the guys on here born yesterday. We play triple headers all year and the finals should be no different other than circumstances when it could be more practical to separate the C grade. The ONLY grade in finals that impacts getting promoted is A grade hence why the higher placed team gets the home final and the lower grades get arranged for best fit to try and keep clubs together as much as possible. That is why some triple headers this week are a combination of QF and EF rather than 3 QF at one venue and 3 EF at the other venue. There have been examples of a C grade final being played as a stand-alone game or slotted in with another grades finals but that will usually only occur if those clubs do not have a higher grade playing the same day. I have attended a C grade Preliminary Final that was played as a stand alone game and I've seen more atmosphere and crowd participation at a kids Under 8 game.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:Elizabeth A & B grade at Heccies in QF yet the C grade who finish 2nd and in the same QF are at North Haven who finished 3rd.....so Heccies finish 5th and get a home EF WTF!!
With the way the league structures things our D grade have been kissed on the d!ck there, I initially thought we would of hosted the Adelaide Uni v Plympton C3 Elimination final since we play Plympton in the B grade to make up the triple header.

Great for the club to get the triple header this weekend, if Saturday was anything to go by the A grade game will be a cracker, a round 18 rematch which was the best A grade game I've watched this season.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:Elizabeth A & B grade at Heccies in QF yet the C grade who finish 2nd and in the same QF are at North Haven who finished 3rd.....so Heccies finish 5th and get a home EF WTF!!
With the way the league structures things our D grade have been kissed on the d!ck there, I initially thought we would of hosted the Adelaide Uni v Plympton C3 Elimination final since we play Plympton in the B grade to make up the triple header.

Great for the club to get the triple header this weekend, if Saturday was anything to go by the A grade game will be a cracker, a round 18 rematch which was the best A grade game I've watched this season.
It's meant to advantage the clubs who are in A grade home finals spots, hence you getting the C6 game.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby K.Durant » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:06 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

probably good for Plympton and Uni sides too, getting to play on thebby in lieu of Park 10 which doesnt even have a scoreboard :roll:
K.Durant
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:32 pm

K.Durant wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

probably good for Plympton and Uni sides too, getting to play on thebby in lieu of Park 10 which doesnt even have a scoreboard :roll:

or toilets for spectators (unless it's changed int he last 12 moths or so
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:14 pm

Heard Districts got robbed today?
But it was by a mate who’s a Districts supporter.
Anyone see the game?

You go LMA?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby LMA » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Heard Districts got robbed today?
But it was by a mate who’s a Districts supporter.
Anyone see the game?

You go LMA?

Yeah, had more than enough chances to win and a few stupid acts didn't help. The umps weren't the best and definitely made a few dodgy ones especially a non HTB in our forward line late in the last.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:41 pm

Henley C Grade looking for a trial either the 21st or 28th March. Preferably both!! Any clubs looking for a C Grade trial flick me a PM!!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby locky801 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:47 am

Hearing now possibly no C Grade comp due to costings for Clubs, anyone else heard the same
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3654 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby zedman » Fri May 22, 2020 9:53 am

locky801 wrote:Hearing now possibly no C Grade comp due to costings for Clubs, anyone else heard the same

from last weeks adfl email, things may have changed but i have heard nothing:

C Grade
This is a really simple one. We haven’t heard anything and don’t expect we will to suggest that C Grade won’t be anything other than Business as Usual.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby jo172 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 am

locky801 wrote:Hearing now possibly no C Grade comp due to costings for Clubs, anyone else heard the same

Costings would be a weird reason to not have C Grade. Everyone pays their subs and it should be at least a break even proposition (particularly adding beers sold and snags eaten).

Could theoretically see numbers being a problem in getting the extra 30 blokes up for half a season's footy though.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Sass! » Fri May 22, 2020 10:18 am

I think there may be a few Clubs who cant field a C Grade due to lost numbers but hopefully the majority can still get a side up. I know we would have up to 45 blokes missing out if our C and D Grade sides didn't have a competition to play in. This number could rise even more if the Under 18's comp didn't proceed and some of those players filtered into our A and B Grade sides.

Based on discussions ive had with league and the wording Locky pointed out, it all looks as if it would go ahead.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bomber14 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:41 am

You would imagine some sides may struggle for C grade numbers. Hope the majority can still get a team together.

An issue might be triple headers though. Will you be able to have three teams going through the same changerooms on a single match day with all the protocols that will need to be followed?
bomber14
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby zedman » Fri May 22, 2020 10:47 am

bomber14 wrote:You would imagine some sides may struggle for C grade numbers. Hope the majority can still get a team together.

An issue might be triple headers though. Will you be able to have three teams going through the same changerooms on a single match day with all the protocols that will need to be followed?

Yes imo. By July 4 that shouldnt be a major issue.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 25, 2020 4:32 pm

zedman wrote:
bomber14 wrote:You would imagine some sides may struggle for C grade numbers. Hope the majority can still get a team together.

Just a question, how will the C grade comps work with the strong possibility that the Women’s footy will start at 10am Saturday’s. My only presumption is they play at a different venue unless clubs without a C grade team maybe having triple headers that way.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2020 4:36 pm

Yank Man wrote:
zedman wrote:

Just a question, how will the C grade comps work with the strong possibility that the Women’s footy will start at 10am Saturday’s. My only presumption is they play at a different venue unless clubs without a C grade team maybe having triple headers that way.

Womens are at 3:30pm Saturdays.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Womens are at 3:30pm Saturdays.

Far more problematic than C grade footy.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:53 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Womens are at 3:30pm Saturdays.

Far more problematic than C grade footy.

From my understanding is that they may play before or after the Womens. As the womens will play away when the men play home vice-versas.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League