5%
Plympton
3%
WOS
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2020

Postby Yank Man » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:47 pm

Havens need Tommy Lipson back big time, he straightens them up. Poor kicking has cost them the last 2 games, so goalkicking practice would be high on their agenda this week, nothing wrong with their fitness. Win both the last 2 and they are equal top, with a massive clash in round 9 V Golden Grove. I still think they will play each other in the GF, but Modbury would have different ideas.
With Golden Grove to come next week, then the bye in round 9 Towns are just making up the numbers. Flinders Park are slowly finding their mojo and have great depth. Watched Gaza on Saturday and 6th is where they are at. Not a lot of depth and their skill level hurts them badly. It’s been a tough year for clubs getting thru the current environment, So for me any club that holds the cup up at season end fully deserves the accolade. Bring it on and may the best team win.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:56 pm

Yank Man wrote:Havens need Tommy Lipson back big time, he straightens them up. Poor kicking has cost them the last 2 games, so goalkicking practice would be high on their agenda this week, nothing wrong with their fitness. Win both the last 2 and they are equal top, with a massive clash in round 9 V Golden Grove. I still think they will play each other in the GF, but Modbury would have different ideas.
With Golden Grove to come next week, then the bye in round 9 Towns are just making up the numbers. Flinders Park are slowly finding their mojo and have great depth. Watched Gaza on Saturday and 6th is where they are at. Not a lot of depth and their skill level hurts them badly. It’s been a tough year for clubs getting thru the current environment, So for me any club that holds the cup up at season end fully deserves the accolade. Bring it on and may the best team win.

NH behinds a bit misleading yesterday Yank Man. a lot of those were conceded and punched/touched by our defenders. During the Second quarter when we had the momentum and a 20 point lead we missed a couple of sitters that could have had the margin out to 30 plus but we missed and to NH credit they got on a roll and went into half time with the lead. An excellent third quarter gave us plenty of breathing space going into the last quarter and then some straight kicking in the last got us an important win. Couldn't believe it wasn't windy at NH yesterday, the last 3 years we've played there its been blowing its arse out. Still alive for a double chance after blowing the first two games, hopefully get a few results go our way.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:02 pm

mighty hounds wrote: Couldn't believe it wasn't windy at NH yesterday, the last 3 years we've played there its been blowing its arse out.

Funny you mention this, a couple of my opponents in the B's said the same thing and guys have continually mentioned it at training on Tuesday and Thursday nights aswell. The weather for the most part has been uncharacteristically calm this winter/footy season around our area and not just on a Saturday or on a Tuesday/Thursday night, it's hardly been windy at all through the week. I can't remember it being this non-windy in recent years on the peninsula, it's nice not having the wind constantly blowing right through you.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:32 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote: Couldn't believe it wasn't windy at NH yesterday, the last 3 years we've played there its been blowing its arse out.

Funny you mention this, a couple of my opponents in the B's said the same thing and guys have continually mentioned it at training on Tuesday and Thursday nights aswell. The weather for the most part has been uncharacteristically calm this winter/footy season around our area and not just on a Saturday or on a Tuesday/Thursday night, it's hardly been windy at all through the week. I can't remember it being this non-windy in recent years on the peninsula, it's nice not having the wind constantly blowing right through you.

Yep I reckon a lot of us were very surprised by the calmness. When I saw the dark clouds start rolling over I thought it may have picked up but nothing. Haven’t seen so many goals kicked from southern end before when we’ve played at your deck!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:16 am

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Yep I reckon a lot of us were very surprised by the calmness. When I saw the dark clouds start rolling over I thought it may have picked up but nothing. Haven’t seen so many goals kicked from southern end before when we’ve played at your deck!

I was out at Flinders Park yesterday and the breeze there was as icy as it gets, nearly as chilly as it's been at SMOSH the last few weeks that I've been there.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Barracker1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:56 am

Edwardstown have advertised for a coach for 2021 2 weeks prior to finals 2020. Doesnt sound good.
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Yank Man » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:08 am

Barracker1 wrote:Edwardstown have advertised for a coach for 2021 2 weeks prior to finals 2020. Doesnt sound good.

Keep up with the programme champ, go back a page or two. :roll:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:14 am

Haven't covered yourself in glory on here recently Barracker1.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Barracker1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Sorry Yank Man and down the hill I dont generally troll around this web site just report when issues are raised. I had a phone call from a concerned member of the Edwardstown fraternity advising that the EFC had advertised the vacancy and that it appeared odd that a club with finals coming up made this move. Covid or not its pretty odd.
Barracker1

Postby Barracker1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Sorry Yank Man and down the hill I dont generally troll around this web site just report when issues are raised. I had a phone call from a concerned member of the Edwardstown fraternity advising that the EFC had advertised the vacancy and that it appeared odd that a club with finals coming up made this move. Covid or not its pretty odd.
Barracker1

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Barracker1 wrote:Sorry Yank Man and down the hill I dont generally troll around this web site just report when issues are raised. I had a phone call from a concerned member of the Edwardstown fraternity advising that the EFC had advertised the vacancy and that it appeared odd that a club with finals coming up made this move. Covid or not its pretty odd.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (78.56 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:58 pm

In his defence it wasn’t well broadcast out to the people
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:In his defence it wasn’t well broadcast out to the people

It was all over Adelaide Now / The Advertiser.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Brodlach wrote:In his defence it wasn’t well broadcast out to the people

It was all over Adelaide Now / The Advertiser.

Hidden half way through their weekly communication

Who reads that anymore?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:Who reads that anymore?

it was one of those sponsored ads "Local footy coach quits amid coronavirus burnout".. don't have to read it to have to pop up on your FB news feeds.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Barracker1 wrote:Sorry Yank Man and down the hill I dont generally troll around this web site just report when issues are raised. I had a phone call from a concerned member of the Edwardstown fraternity advising that the EFC had advertised the vacancy and that it appeared odd that a club with finals coming up made this move. Covid or not its pretty odd.

Still not sure where you are coming from Barracker1. Justin Calderbank resigned a couple of weeks ago citing numerous reasons including the pressures of coaching in the COVID-19 environment, buying a property, moving house etc. Edwardstown then released a statement that said assistant coach Matthew Carberry would lead the side for the remainder of the season and the club would advertise for the position for 2021 in the coming weeks. Whether they are playing finals or not - if they need a new coach for 2021 then now is as good a time as any to advertise. So your "concerned member of the Edwardstown fraternity" clearly isn't that much in touch with what's going on at his club.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Down the Hill wrote:

Still not sure where you are coming from Barracker1. Justin Calderbank resigned a couple of weeks ago citing numerous reasons including the pressures of coaching in the COVID-19 environment, buying a property, moving house etc. Edwardstown then released a statement that said assistant coach Matthew Carberry would lead the side for the remainder of the season and the club would advertise for the position for 2021 in the coming weeks. Whether they are playing finals or not - if they need a new coach for 2021 then now is as good a time as any to advertise. So your "concerned member of the Edwardstown fraternity" clearly isn't that much in touch with what's going on at his club.

Matt Carberry is also Vice President and Finance Director so he would have been part of the decision making process to advertise and strike while the iron is hot. Makes a lot of sense to most.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby the smokey » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:13 am

A great game of footy at Modbury on the weekend considering the blustery conditions.

Both sides missed shots throughout the game they would have penciled in. Won't be the last time Modbury and Golden Grove play each other this year with many more to come in the future.
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:40 pm

the smokey wrote:A great game of footy at Modbury on the weekend considering the blustery conditions.

Both sides missed shots throughout the game they would have penciled in. Won't be the last time Modbury and Golden Grove play each other this year with many more to come in the future.

Yep, bad kicking is bad football but a very well supported day for two local rivals considering the terrible weather. Be great to see another game between the two sides before the year is out!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:14 am

Was reading that North Haven have had their computer for their electronic scoreboard stolen and some wires had been cut.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League