14%
Smithfield
3%
West Croydon
10%

Total votes : 71

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Postby Tablesturn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:22 pm

With the season just weeks away. Who will be the big early movers?
Who has significantly strengthened their side & who has weakened?
Who are the ins and outs of each side? Lockleys, Salisbury, Kenilworth, West Croydon
Tablesturn
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby scottroo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Lockleys have recruited very well.

Salisbury have added some talent

Pooraka have a new coach but lost a couple of key players

Eastern park welcome back a swag of quality players

Kenilworth lost some class but always recruit well
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footychannel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:12 pm

I have heard some good things coming out of Lockleys, Eastern Park and Salisbury also.
The names Kenilworth seem to have lost - I’d imagine will leave a huge dent in their side.
Smithfield could do anything I’m expecting another handful to sign at the Smithies as we get closer.
Footychannel
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Pag » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Nobody bar maybe EP (at EP) will get within five goals of Lockleys IMO. Not been mentioned much on here but Lowery is great pick up from Woody South, plus Johnson from Mt Barker will kick 60+, Hosking (Mt Barker too) will become a very good player, Zain King from Barker is already a very good player. Just signed Braden Kennett who has played in a ton of flags for BDT in the Mallee. Add that to Keane and Clarke from Ports in Pirie, plus Corbett and Georgiou coming back from Mt Compass (both as 0 points), plus the new clubrooms, hard to say they won't start strong favs in virtually every game they play.

Will be a pretty chasing even pack behind them for the rest of the spots in the five. I'd like to think we will improve but we got done by Locks easily in a final at home and haven't added what they have so imagine our gap to them will increase. EP will improve as well with Kop back in the ruck, Diedrichsen back from Gums, Webber in (and will get a lot of looks at goal on the small deck) and Hann in from Elizabeth. Hard for Kenilworth to replace Wilson-King and Vea Vea but still got a fair bit of class with Chesser, Liverton, Krakeour etc, will still be well in the five. Pooraka's top end talent (Armstrong, Batten, Zolnowski, Vandemoer etc) are still quality but not sure on their depth, staying healthy would be pretty important to them I reckon. Don't know much about what CLG have done, Rosies have added Johnson-Schroeder, Catterall and Lockwood which will make them better than 2019 I would imagine, enough improvement to get into the five I'm not sure. Smithfield losing Webber will hurt but their twos got better during last year and some quality young guys trying to get back (Holloway, Milera etc) from the YP.

Fitzroy losing Wootton, Leak and Camp from the GF team hurts, hopefully the guys they've picked up from the GSFL go well at this level. I know nothing of West Croydon, never played or seen them before.
Last edited by Pag on Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:44 pm

Pag wrote:Nobody bar maybe EP (at EP) will get within five goals of Lockleys IMO. Not been mentioned much on here but Lowery is great pick up from Woody South, plus Johnson from Mt Barker will kick 60+, Hosking (Mt Barker too) will become a very good player, Zain King from Barker is already a very good player. Just signed Braden Kennett who has played in a ton of flags for BDT in the Mallee. Add that to Keane and Clarke from Ports in Pirie, plus Corbett and Georgiou coming back from Mt Compass (both as 0 points), plus the new clubrooms, hard to say they won't start strong favs in virtually every game they play.

Will be a pretty chasing even pack behind them for the rest of the spots in the five. I'd like to think we will improve but we got done by Locks easily in a final at home and haven't added what they have so imagine our gap to them will increase. EP will improve as well with Kop back in the ruck, Diedrichsen back from Gums, Webber in (and will get a lot of looks at goal on the small deck) and Hann in from Elizabeth. Hard to for Kenilworth to replace Wilson-King and Vea Vea but still got a fair bit of class with Chesser, Liverton, Krakeour etc, will still be well in the five. Pooraka's top end talent (Armstrong, Batten, Zolnowski, Vandemoer etc) are still quality but not sure on their depth, staying healthy would be pretty important to them I reckon. Don't know much about what CLG have done, Rosies have added Johnson-Schroeder, Catterall and Lockwood which will make them better than 2019 I would imagine, enough improvement to get into the five I'm not sure. Smithfield losing Webber will hurt but their twos got better during last year and some quality young guys trying to get back (Holloway, Milera etc) from the YP.

Fitzroy losing Wootton, Leak and Camp from the GF team hurts, hopefully the guys they've picked up from the GSFL go well at this level. I know nothing of West Croydon, never played or seen them before.

How many points are all the players that you said Lockleys have recruited?
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby beef » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:34 am

Pag wrote:Nobody bar maybe EP (at EP) will get within five goals of Lockleys IMO. Not been mentioned much on here but Lowery is great pick up from Woody South, plus Johnson from Mt Barker will kick 60+, Hosking (Mt Barker too) will become a very good player, Zain King from Barker is already a very good player. Just signed Braden Kennett who has played in a ton of flags for BDT in the Mallee. Add that to Keane and Clarke from Ports in Pirie, plus Corbett and Georgiou coming back from Mt Compass (both as 0 points), plus the new clubrooms, hard to say they won't start strong favs in virtually every game they play.

Will be a pretty chasing even pack behind them for the rest of the spots in the five. I'd like to think we will improve but we got done by Locks easily in a final at home and haven't added what they have so imagine our gap to them will increase. EP will improve as well with Kop back in the ruck, Diedrichsen back from Gums, Webber in (and will get a lot of looks at goal on the small deck) and Hann in from Elizabeth. Hard for Kenilworth to replace Wilson-King and Vea Vea but still got a fair bit of class with Chesser, Liverton, Krakeour etc, will still be well in the five. Pooraka's top end talent (Armstrong, Batten, Zolnowski, Vandemoer etc) are still quality but not sure on their depth, staying healthy would be pretty important to them I reckon. Don't know much about what CLG have done, Rosies have added Johnson-Schroeder, Catterall and Lockwood which will make them better than 2019 I would imagine, enough improvement to get into the five I'm not sure. Smithfield losing Webber will hurt but their twos got better during last year and some quality young guys trying to get back (Holloway, Milera etc) from the YP.

Come on Pag, stop deflecting. You've recruited half a new A grade side for a side that played finals. 140th year is a premiership or bust. Lockleys recruit the world every year and never deliver. If you don't win it this year you never will
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby zedman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:18 am

beef wrote:

Come on Pag, stop deflecting. You've recruited half a new A grade side for a side that played finals. 140th year is a premiership or bust. Lockleys recruit the world every year and never deliver. If you don't win it this year you never will

"recruit the world" eh? :)

i think we had 3 A grade ins last year, maybe 3 the year before..but you are correct on Salisbury..massive deflect by pag..their ins go on forever..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:31 am

zedman wrote:
beef wrote:

"recruit the world" eh? :)

i think we had 3 A grade ins last year, maybe 3 the year before..but you are correct on Salisbury..massive deflect by pag..their ins go on forever..
No deflection from me, I said I think we will improve and I think we should play finals again with all things being equal. Just haven't improved our list as much as Locks, and we're already giving them a five-goal head start in quality from a final last year.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:43 am

zedman wrote:"recruit the world" eh? :)..

Also true you never deliver. :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby zedman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:47 am

The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:"recruit the world" eh? :)..

Also true you never deliver. :P

cheers bedgecliffe..now scuttle back to div 4.. :)
zedman
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:51 am

Pag wrote: No deflection from me, I said I think we will improve and I think we should play finals again with all things being equal. Just haven't improved our list as much as Locks, and we're already giving them a five-goal head start in quality from a final last year.

fair enough but you have brought in 10 goals worth of talent so we are at least equal.. :P

always very wary of relegated div 4 teams and i think the div 6 GF teams will go fine this year..
zedman
Coach

Postby Footychannel » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:00 pm

Lockleys
Salisbury

Daylight
Eastern Park
Footychannel
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby bloke » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:21 pm

Was at the Rosie pub chatting to a bloke yesterday and he said Rosies have a few boys coming back to the club this year who can play a bit.
He named Lockwood, Shroder, Williams and a bloke he was calling Cat from i think Portland.
Wasn't Williams a 100 goal kicker not so long ago? A fairly good inclusion.
Will they be a dark horse this year
BRING BACK THE TAPEROO FOOTY CLUB
bloke
Mini-League

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:29 pm

The mid tier leagues get harder and harder each year. Standard in the past few years is so much higher in these grades
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:10 am

bloke wrote:Was at the Rosie pub chatting to a bloke yesterday and he said Rosies have a few boys coming back to the club this year who can play a bit.
He named Lockwood, Shroder, Williams and a bloke he was calling Cat from i think Portland.

Rosies coming from a long way back, and lack depth. Have also lost Mahney, Rigney and the two Honson's.

Can't see them playing finals.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:25 am

The Bedge wrote:
bloke wrote:Was at the Rosie pub chatting to a bloke yesterday and he said Rosies have a few boys coming back to the club this year who can play a bit.

Rosies coming from a long way back, and lack depth. Have also lost Mahney, Rigney and the two Honson's.

Can't see them playing finals.

Why? Will you be playing at the same time?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:29 am

:lol:

Alright, they wont play finals. Better?

Fitzroy, Smithfield, Pooraka will also suck balls, and wont be surprised if Eastern Park fall away in the 2nd half of the season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby meanderman » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:53 am

How are CLG looking?
meanderman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth