COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:17 am

PNU Port Districts trial scheduled for Saturday COVID'D.

Week out from the season and cases rising seems that we're going to be in for some difficult times ahead.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby zedman » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:36 am

jo172 wrote:PNU Port Districts trial scheduled for Saturday COVID'D.

Week out from the season and cases rising seems that we're going to be in for some difficult times ahead.

The question here is how many are out because they have Covid and how many are out because they are close contacts?
The close contacts rule needs to be halved asap. 14 days for a close contact if you cant isolate and only 7 days for Covid infected. :roll:
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:41 am

zedman wrote:

The question here is how many are out because they have Covid and how many are out because they are close contacts?
The close contacts rule needs to be halved asap. 14 days for a close contact if you cant isolate and only 7 days for Covid infected. :roll:

It’s 7 days for both isn’t it?? Pretty sure
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby zedman » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:44 am

Tiger83 wrote:
zedman wrote:

No.

What does a close contact need to do? If you live with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 and you cannot appropriately quarantine away from them, you must quarantine for 14 days from the date their test was taken. You do not need to have a COVID-19 PCR test unless you develop any symptoms.
zedman
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:45 am

zedman wrote:

7 days close contacting will still wreak havoc on the season.

Get rid of that (or at least diminish the close contact rules from the 15 minutes) and it would go a long way to improving the viability of the season
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Sass! » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:26 am

zedman wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:
zedman wrote:

No.

What does a close contact need to do? If you live with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 and you cannot appropriately quarantine away from them, you must quarantine for 14 days from the date their test was taken. You do not need to have a COVID-19 PCR test unless you develop any symptoms.

Put destiny in your own hands. When my daughter brought Covid home from daycare, i was drinking out of her drink bottle and being around her as much as i could over the next day to make sure there was no risk of infection happening on day 5 or worse day 13! Get it ASAP or register a RAT for the same day and you are good to go!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:19 pm

My best mate is currently on this third (non-consecutive) dose of quarantining for 14 days as a close contact.

His immune system clearly holding up its end of the deal as he's never tested positive, but all ******* ridiculous given how quickly he'd be out if he ever actually got it.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby locky801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:16 pm

jo172 wrote:My best mate is currently on this third (non-consecutive) dose of quarantining for 14 days as a close contact.

His immune system clearly holding up its end of the deal as he's never tested positive, but all ******* ridiculous given how quickly he'd be out if he ever actually got it.

Same here, i have had 3 lots of iso from the Mrs and kids getting it at different times but touch wood not a sniffle, have felt worse from all the beer consumption

Looking forward to this lot expiring at midnight tomorrow and can get out and watch some footy on the weekend
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:46 pm

locky801 wrote:
jo172 wrote:My best mate is currently on this third (non-consecutive) dose of quarantining for 14 days as a close contact.

Same here, i have had 3 lots of iso from the Mrs and kids getting it at different times but touch wood not a sniffle, have felt worse from all the beer consumption

Looking forward to this lot expiring at midnight tomorrow and can get out and watch some footy on the weekend

It’s a bit ridiculous actually, my son’s 3 kids got it, then his missus got it, they had to isolate for 7 days but he had to isolate for 14 days as a close contact living under the same roof. He RAT tested every 2 days, a work requirement, had 2 PCR tests and every one was negative. 7 days later they were all out and about and he was still in iso.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:41 am

Yank Man wrote:
It’s a bit ridiculous actually, my son’s 3 kids got it, then his missus got it, they had to isolate for 7 days but he had to isolate for 14 days as a close contact living under the same roof. He RAT tested every 2 days, a work requirement, had 2 PCR tests and every one was negative. 7 days later they were all out and about and he was still in iso.

If I have to isolate for being a close contact I can either WFH or take annual leave, if I actually had COVID I can take sick leave, then if I caught it at work it's a new ball game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby zedman » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:46 pm

zedman wrote:

Bang.

Premier Peter Malinauskas has announced a number of changes to COVID restrictions:
1) Effective immediately: Quarantine period for household COVID contacts in SA goes down from 14 to seven days – effectively immediately.
zedman
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:00 pm

He did it so the Scum will be less likely to have to forfeit any games :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:30 am

zedman wrote:
zedman wrote:

Bang.

Premier Peter Malinauskas has announced a number of changes to COVID restrictions:
1) Effective immediately: Quarantine period for household COVID contacts in SA goes down from 14 to seven days – effectively immediately.

The Premier must of read this on SA Footy to change the rules.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jake the snake » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:02 pm

It sounds like allot of clubs are struggling for numbers this week.

Easter was not kind on the covid front
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:25 am

Are we starting to see the beginning of the recovery from the impacts of Covid?

Still long way to go, and lot of challenges, but would seem a number of clubs who have battled in recent years are recording really strong numbers on the track - Smithfield are back, Salisbury potentially back to 3 Men's teams, Para Hills with half an army on the track, West Croydon seeing their best attendance.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:Are we starting to see the beginning of the recovery from the impacts of Covid?

Still long way to go, and lot of challenges, but would seem a number of clubs who have battled in recent years are recording really strong numbers on the track - Smithfield are back, Salisbury potentially back to 3 Men's teams, Para Hills with half an army on the track, West Croydon seeing their best attendance.

Tend to agree, most clubs in the Southern area have good numbers too. COVID is the new flu :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League